Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Chat

The kingdom long divided must unite; long united, must divide.

AD&D 2E Game with some modifications

Moderator: betaraybill

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat

Post by JadedDM »

Ah, same here. I apologize for my procrastination, as well. I was hit with a pretty big bout of depression lately, and that really got in the way.

How should we handle languages? I assume Hebrew will be the main language, like Common. What other languages would our characters likely know?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Here are my proficiencies. I think I did it right:

WP: Quarterstaff (3), Sling (2), Two-handed Weapon Style (2), Missile Weapon Style (2)
NWP: Animal handling (3), Direction Sense (2), Weather Sense (2)
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

Sorry I disappeared for a couple days there - I'm about 3 or 4 thousand miles from home (until Thursday) and I've been a little distracted.

Breila - that should be all that I need from you. If you wish to have a donkey, you can. Levites do not keep any wealth, so your character wont have any money, but feel free to take any equipments that you think is within reason. Go ahead and post a list, if you like, and I will approve it. I'm really not gonna be too nit-picky about money.

I'll look over what everyone has posted when I get a chance to make sure that everything is in order. It's OK, I just wanted to make sure that everyone was still in this.
-- Bill
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Oh, wait, I forgot I got 2 extra proficiency points for being level 2. So actually, my proficiencies are:

WP: Quarterstaff (3), Sling (2), Two-handed Weapon Style (2), Missile Weapon Style (2)
NWP: Animal handling (3), Animal Training [Dog] (2), Direction Sense (2), Weather Sense (2)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

All right. I'm still working on Appearance, Personality, and History, but I have the basic stuff down.

Name: Levia
STR-10
DEX-17
CON-10
INT-16
WIS-13
CHA-14

Hit Points-10

Thief Skills
Pick Pockets-45%
Open locks-40%
Find/Remove Traps-10%
Move Silently-40%
Hide in Shadows-40%
Detect Noise-30%
Climb Walls-60%
Read Languages-0%

Weapon Proficiencies
Khopesh (3)
Short Bow (3)
Dagger(3)

Non-Weapon Proficiences
Pottery (2)
Ventriloquism (2)
Tumbling (2)
Appraising (2)
Reading Lips (4)
Last edited by HorizonsDream on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

One short note: I will be unable to post between 25th March and 3rd April (both days included), so it might make sense to start the game only after this.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

Once again, I'm sorry I disappeared there for a while - I got back home last night, and I am now fully ready to devote myself once again.

So, to begin addressing things -

Breila - that sounds like a good idea to me, as long as everyone will maintain interest in actually playing. If it is alright with everyone, I will make the first game post on the 4th of April - so everybody remember to check in then.

Jaded - to answer your question, all characters will start with 2 languages - Hebrew, and Semitic common. Semitic common is the common language of Asia Minor and the Levant (the area known as Canaan); Hebrew is the language of the Israelite people. If you wish your character to speak other languages, you must devote proficiency slots to do so, as per the modern language NWP.
Semitic languages will cost only one point:
Akkadian (language of the Babylonians/Assyrians)
Amorite
Arabic
Aramaic
Chaldean
Moabite
Edomite
Phoenician

Non-Semitic Languages will cost the normal 2 points:
Egyptian
Nubian
Hittite

It would be unlikely, however, that your characters would know any non-Semitic Languages.

Jaded - Have you decided upon a class then? I haven't seen that anywhere....

Other than physical descriptions, etc. it looks as if everybody is just about ready. Feel free to shift anything around until we're actually ready to start but remember that I'm intending that we get started on the 4th.
-- Bill
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Yeah, peasant warrior.

I have an idea for appearance and personality, I'm just working out the shared history with Horizon's character.
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

OK, sounds good. Looks like you've got an interesting build going there. May I ask if you're intending to go for multiple specialization?

Horizon - I meant to mention a couple things to you -

There are two forms of unarmed combat - pummeling and wrestling. You need to pick one.

Also, you have no backstabbing weapon, just so you know. I don't know if you care, but I just wanted to point that out.
-- Bill
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

I always assumed backstabbing was just attacking from behind, and that you didn't need a specific weapon for it. Though, if that is the case then I can remove unarmed combat, and put a dagger there.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Probably. I'm not really familiar with the grandmaster rules, but I'd really like to get a hold of a better weapon down the line, like a spear or something, and specialize in that, too. A quarterstaff isn't a very good weapon, but it fits the idea of him being a shepherd.
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

Horizon - Backstabbing requires a melee piercing weapon. Otherwise (if you're using a slashing or bludgeoning weapon) it is treated as a normal surprise attack. Spears, javelins and short swords can also be used to backstab.

Jaded - it is entirely possible for your character to come across a better weapon later. A spear would be very fitting, and is an excellent weapon to use with the two-handed style. There is a detailed explanation of the effects and costs of mastery in the proficiency point thread. It seems unlikely to me that a peasant warrior would become a weapon master, but it's not impossible. You'd just have to play it out. Multiple specialization has it's own benefits though - just remember, once your character has taken two weapon specializations, you can no longer become a weapon master.
-- Bill
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Yeah, I figure we'll see what happens and he'll develop organically.
betaraybill
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by betaraybill »

just wanted to mention I'm still here, still intending to start on the 4th.

Jaded and Horizon - you guys have anything more on your character histories?
-- Bill
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Yeah, we hammered out a history for our characters. It's nothing revolutionary or anything, mind you. I even found a picture for my character.