Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

Post by JadedDM »

Indeed, the shop is filled with all manner of clocks. There are clocks that hang on the wall, clocks that sit on shelves--even a large grandfather clock, beautifully carved from mahogany wood. Regardless of the shape they take, all of the clocks tick and tock in unison, all currently displaying the time at 7:00.

Clocks are quite rare; originally they were invented by the dwarves, and only the wealthy can usually afford them. Regular joes must rely on sundials, water clocks, or just looking up at the sun or stars and taking a guess. Ouragana has seen a few before, back at the academy. They were more of a novelty, though; most wizards preferred magical timekeeping devices, particularly as they didn't require constant rewinding.

Frisno sits at the counter, a clock before him. It's been taken apart and he seems to be in the process of replacing some of its gears. His hands are covered in grease, and there's some on his face, too, where he's wiped away sweat or scratched at his cheek. He looks over to the pair through his thick glasses, which make his eyes appear comically large.

He nods and smiles politely to the mage when she enters and listens patiently when she speaks. He blinks and looks at the weapon and an expression of puzzlement crosses his face. "It appears to be a dagger," he states. "Not really my area of expertise; you might speak with a smith or arms merchant," he suggests.

He frowns at Val and looks rather nervously at her. Even though she doesn't make any effort to touch anything, he still says, "Please don't touch anything," to her, as if afraid she was going to start smashing things with wanton madness.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei follows Joyceln to the jewellers, "Can you do... Forward?" She asks as she walks, "One second." She stops, grabbing the Clerics arm lightly, opening a few buttons on the clerics top she reveals some flesh.

"Better, flirt, keep it light." Without saying another thing she keeps her distance and let's her walk on.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, it appears to be a dagger" Ouragna concedes, and then carefully displays the hidden mechanics of the device. "But there is more to it, as you can see."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val continues to browse the shop, clasping her hands behind her back.

She listens to the conversation, trying to gauge the dialogue to determine the best opportunity to step in.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Hey!" Jocelyn slaps Arelion's hand away, and buttons up her shirt again. "I know what I'm doing, and don't do that again," she says firmly. "You don't have to show skin to get a man's attention," she adds as she turns away from the thief, and continues her walk to the jewelry shop.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"If you say so.." Arei giggles, "Want me to wait outside?"

If She says yes, Arei goes into the shop, if not she waits outside, checking out the outside of the house.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Clockmaker's Shop

Ouragana speaks the command word, vanwa, and the dagger's blade splits, transforming it into a compass. "Fascinating," Frisno agrees, adjusting his glasses. "Quite a rare find, I'd imagine. Magic, though. Not my specialty, though. I just make clocks. Although, I wonder if a mechanical version could be produced? Or if there would be a market for such a thing," he muses aloud.

Jeweler's Shop

Jocelyn steps inside the jeweler's shop. The place is full of jewelry and various curios and relics of old cultures. Most of the expensive stuff is behind glass. Just from a glance around the place, Jocelyn notes a collection of silver items, a beautiful jewelry box carved from coral, and a shelf full of various artifacts.

A small bell rings when Jocelyn opens the door, and a few moments later, Hubert steps out from the back. "Welcome, welcome," he says. He pauses at the sight of her. "Oh, wait; I know you. You're with that group of women from the inn this morning," he says. "What can I do for you today? Something to buy, something to sell?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn tells Arelion to stay outside.

"Hmm, you noticed me did you?" Jocelyn asks as she walks over to the glass case holding the most expensive collection. "I'm looking to buy I think. You seem to have a beautiful collection, from what I've seen so far."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yes, that's right," Hubert says. "You lot were discussing the murders. I do hope you took my advice and decided to drop that whole thing. It's nothing but trouble." He steps over to the glass case she is standing by. "You have excellent taste. How much are you looking to spend? And do you have an idea of what you are looking for?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Then perhaps I should come again tomorrow to give you the opportunity to look at it more closely?" Ouragana suggests.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Friso glances out the window; which seems a bit odd, as the room is full of clocks. "Yes, that might be a good idea. It is getting rather late, and I'll need to close soon."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei waits outside, trying to look inconspicuous.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Goodnight, then, and see you tomorrow morning" Ouragana says, taking her dagger back and putting it into her sash again, before nodding to Frisno and leaving the shop.

"He did not try to approach me or keep me in his house after curfew, so either I won't make a good victim or it is not Frisno who chooses them" she tells Val when they meet. Let's go back to the inn, and see what the others got."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val exits the shop, noting the mans rush to see them off.

"Yes, let us go."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

While Areilon waits outside of the jewelry shop, no doubt wondering what is taking Jocelyn so long, Val and Ouragana return to the inn to wait for them.