Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

Post by JadedDM »

"Grilled yellowfin tuna," the waiter responds to Ouragana. "Did you want a second helping?" he asks, as she had had a plate of it already before she departed for Frisno's shop.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Where did you disappear to?" Jocelyn asks the elf once she shows herself. "Dinner at his home, so I'm probably going to need the rest of you standing by just in case. How did it go with the clockmaker?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I was checking out the rear of his house, in case he felt like sneaking out. Waste of time, of course." Arei says thoughtfully. "You have a date? I'll watch the door, we need a way to communicate..."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"And what would you suggest?" Jocelyn asks. "Other than me screaming for my life, that is."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes please, another small helping, I am very hungry today" Ouragana tells the waiter.

Turning to Jocelyn she says "I was hoping you had an idea of how to keep yourself safe. I am pretty sure the other women have screamed, too, and were not heard. Perhapse they were incapacitated before the attacks." She thinks for a moment. "I am too inexperienced a mage to provide you with protection, but maybe there is a mage shop somewhere in town where I could help you find something suitable" she offers.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The waiter brings Ouragana another plate of tuna and she pays a silver piece for it.

===========

Ouragana spends 1 SP.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I had hoped Oura had a suitable spell." Arei shrugs, "Lets see what can be bought, we only need a simple spell to message, or communicate."

"Could I have some water." She adds to the waiter.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The waiter brings Areilon a glass of water.

As the four talk, most of the patrons start to slowly depart for their rooms. Soon, only a handful remain; aside from the party, there's Oren, Grey, Noah, Pearl, the waiter and Brock. Brock begins putting the chairs up on the tables for the tables that are no longer occupied.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Are we ok to stay here for a while?" Arei asks Brock, "We could tidy up, if that would be helpful?"

"Pearl, do you know any of the old songs of the Elves?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, we just have to wait until tomorrow now," Jocelyn says as she stands from the table. "I'm going to talk to Noah about this," she adds as she walks over to his table and sits down. "So we have some clues to work on when it comes to these murders," she says to Noah. "Maybe you can help me work them out?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Brock nods to Areilon. "Aye, so long as you don't make a mess or make too much noise. Don't want to wake the folk who are trying to sleep upstairs."

Pearl laughs nervously. "Sorry, I never learned any elven songs. They're pretty secretive about most of them, and...also, I never learned Elvish."

Back at Noah's table, he listens to what Jocelyn says. "Me? Help how? I'm hardly an investigator."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thank you." She says bowing to Brock, "We have Ale, could we have a few snacks?"

"Then could you perhaps play your favourite song? I would like to hear you play, you have a nice voice." She says to Pearl.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

sorry for my mia.

Val eats tuna as well, with a second pitcher.

"The clockmaker seemed odd, almost nervous, but it might have just have been me."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yes, but you are quite possibly smarter than me," Jocelyn points out. "We talked to the victims families, went to the temple, and looked around the possible murder sites. Where would you look for clues?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Brock brings out a bowl of complementary salted nuts for the girls to go with their ale and fish. He also brings Val a second ale pitcher for 2 silver pieces. "I'll be heading to bed now, so don't stay up too late," he says with a smile, then departs for his room. A short while later, the waiter starts cleaning up the kitchen in preparation for turning in himself.

Pearl grins and starts playing a jaunty tune about a 'miracle romance' between a prince and princess who lived on one of the moons. They were killed in a horrible attack by demons, but were reborn on Amtar and later found each other again, continuing their immortal love.

Noah thinks a few moments between bites of tuna. "Well, do you have any suspects? I suppose you could question them, or at least follow them around and see what they do."

==========

Val pays 2 sp for a second ale pitcher.