Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

Post by Breila »

With a cantrip, Ouragana tries to move the bedclothes so they entangle the legs of the first spider.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val wakes with a start, grabbing her trident and noting the gleam of the moon. Her night-sight is almost useless as she prepares to defend herself.

Stabbing quickly, she attempts to draw the ire of the beast.

please roll for me, running late, got to go.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Acting quickly, Areilon grabs Ouragana and yanks her off the bed, then quickly grabs her sabre. The second spider climbs in through the window and leaps right at the elf, but she manages to duck just in time. It sails overhead and crashes into the wall behind her, collapsing onto the floor in a heap, momentarily stunned.

Using a small telekinesis cantrip, Ouragana manages to entangle the first spider a bit in the bedsheets. It manages to cut its way out with its sword-like appendages, but it does slow the creature down long enough for Val to grab her coral trident and attack it. However, the prongs simply bounce off the creature's iron skin, not even leaving much of a scratch.

The creature counters and tries to attack Val, who hasn't had time to put her armor on. Luckily, the half-orc has sobered up enough to not be too clumsy, and she evades the attack anyway.

Meanwhile, Jocelyn gets her stuff, jumps out of bed without a word, and runs past the still sleeping Noah. She runs next door and finds the door locked, so starts banging on it--again, without saying a word.

==============

Initiative
Areilon (1d10+3): 4
Jocelyn (1d10+3): 6
Ouragana (1d10+2): 5
Val (1d10+7): 14
Spider 01 (1d10+5): 9
Spider 02 (1d10+3): 5

Round 1!

Areilon grabs Ouragana and moves off the bed, then picks up her sabre.
Ouragana uses a cantrip to entangle Spider 01 in the bedsheets (1d20): 14, pass. Spider 01 adds +2 to its initiative.
Spider 02 climbs into the window and attacks Areilon (1d20): 1, critical fumble! The spider falls prone.
Jocelyn grabs her weapon and shield, then heads to the door of the suite. It is locked.
Spider 01 attacks Val (1d20): 8, bare miss.
Val attacks spider 01 with her fine trident (+2) (1d20+2): 12, miss.

(OOC: As far as darkness penalties go, I figure that since one moon is new and the other is waning, there's not much light. Those with infravision aren't affected, but those without suffer a -3 to melee, -5 to projectiles. There's an unlit candle in the upper left corner of the room that could illuminate the whole room.

Actions and Initiative for Round 2?)
Attachments
Paragon Inn 2F 02.JPG
Paragon Inn 2F 02.JPG (94.14 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana heads over to the door. "Who is it?" she asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Who cares? Open it, and help me kill these things!" Arei shouts, lunging for the prone spider, aiming for the gem if she can.

(I shall leave you to roll)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val continues to press the attack, drawing as much aggro as she can.

I get a 503 error on invisablecastle.....sorry
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Open the damn door!" Jocelyn yells. "You know, unless you all want to die, then please keep the door closed, and I'll go back to bed."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana unbolts and opens the door quickly, then focuses on the spiders. Surely their joints must be greased? Using another cantrip, she attempts to make the grease thick and sticky on the foreleg joints of spider #1.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

While Val fights off her opponent, Areilon moves in on her own while it is still stunned. She strikes with her sabre, hitting its crystal eye. The eye cracks, but remains intact. The creature gets back on its feet and turns to attack Areilon, but she manages to jump back just in time.

After a brief conversation, Ouragana unlocks the door then attempts another cantrip. But she finds it difficult to concentrate and it fizzles out. Jocelyn steps inside just in time to witness Val slam her trident's central prong into her opponent's crystal eye, shattering it like glass. The creature twitches and convulses, then drops to the bed unmoving, pouring a black oil all over the bedspread.

=============

Initiative
Areilon (1d10+4): 7
Val (1d10+7): 12
Ouragana (1d10+2): 9
Jocelyn (1d10+3): 11
Spider 01 (1d10+3): 6
Spider 02 (1d10+3): 8

Round 2!

Spider 01 attacks Val (1d20): 6, miss.
Areilon attacks Spider 02 with her sabre (+2) while it is prone (+4) (1d20+6): 15, bare hit for (1d6+1): 2 damage.
Spider 02 gets back up and attacks Areilon (1d20): 7, miss.
Ouragana unlocks the door and uses a cantrip on Spider 01 (1d20): 17, fail. The cantrip fizzles.
Jocelyn enters the room.
Val attacks Spider 01 with her trident (+2) (1d20+2): 5, miss.
Val attacks Spider 01 with her trident (+2) (1d20+2): 18, hit for (1d6+3): 9 damage. Spider 01 is destroyed.

(OOC: I just realized that last round, I didn't give the spider a saving throw against Ouragana's cantrip. Ah, well.

In any case, just a heads up. My internet has been incredibly spotty lately. Sometimes it shuts off for hours at a time. So my posting rate may decrease for awhile.

Actions and Initiative for Round 3?)
Attachments
Paragon Inn 2F 03.JPG
Paragon Inn 2F 03.JPG (93.44 KiB) Viewed 7957 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What is that?!" Jocelyn says as she takes in the scene. Of course, she assumed it really didn't matter what kind of spider that was. She clutched her warhammer and approached the other spider from the side to hopefully smash the the thing in.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"I'll get it." Val says as she moves to the second spider, stabbing at the eye again.

roller is still down when I just checked.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Moving to one side, Arei drives her blade at the gem once more, trying to strike. "I guess we have an answer, who else could make clockwork spiders?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hissing, the spider strikes at Areilon, biting her left arm with its iron mandibles. It's luckily only a scratch, though, as she's able to pull back her arm in time.

Jocelyn stumbles in the dark, trying to make out the creature in the moonlight. She swings her hammer at it, but instead only hits the wall, leaving a dent in it.

Ouragana hurries over to the nightstand and quickly uses the nearby flint and steel to light the candle on it, illuminating the room so everyone can see easily.

Areilon strikes at the construct's eye again, but the spider moves too fast. It grabs the blade of her sabre with its mandibles and yanks it away from her. Telsa clatters to the ground, leaving the elf unarmed for the moment.

Val moves in to finish it off with her coral trident, but misses its eye, instead just scratching its iron skin.

===========

Initiative
Jocelyn (1d10+4): 9
Val (1d10+7): 16
Areilon (1d10+4): 14
Ouragana (1d10+3): 12
Clockwork Spider 02 (1d10+3): 9

Round 3!

Clockwork Spider 02 attacks Areilon (1d20): 19, hit for (1d4): 1 damage.
Jocelyn moves 15 feet west and attacks the Clockwork Spider 02 with her warhammer in the dark (-3) (1d20-3): 4, miss.
Ouragana moves 10 feet to the east and lights the candle on the nightstand, illuminating the room (darkness penalties no longer apply).
Areilon attacks the Clockwork Spider 02 with her sabre (+2) (1d20+2): 3, critical fumble! She drops the sabre.
Val moves 5 feet southwest and attacks the Clockwork Spider 02 with her fine trident (+2) (1d20+2): 4, miss.

(OOC: Sorry, Breila; I have to invoke the three-day rule here and NPC your character this round to keep things moving.

Actions and Initiative for Round 4?)
Attachments
Paragon Inn 2F 04.JPG
Paragon Inn 2F 04.JPG (93.18 KiB) Viewed 7918 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Using the dagger Arei gained from under the pillow she drives it into the eye of the creature if she can, stinging in pain.

1d10, 1d20, 1d3=[1], [15], [1]
Init 1, hit AC 4, for 1 damage.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Why would anyone make something like this? As if real spiders were bad enough!" Jocelyn says as she takes another whack at the spider.

Init Roll, Hit Roll (9, 16)
DMG Roll (4)