Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

Post by JadedDM »

It has been three days since the sahuagin attack, but time flies when one is busy. And everyone kept busy this time around.

Val, Ouragana, Jocelyn and Areilon helped Andar and the remaining crewmen in sailing the ship. As all of the men died in the attack save Andar, he is now the only male crewman left (not counting officers). It's clear he's still pretty uncomfortable being around women after what happened to him, but he does his best nonetheless.

Val has little in the way of sailing experience; she was more accustomed to whale riding than anything else. But she is strong, so she is mostly given manual labor.

Ouragana mostly assists the first mate with navigation, while Areilon largely deals with the rigging and often takes a shift in the crow's nest, especially at night when her keen elven vision is most useful. Jocelyn is surprised by how rusty she is; it's been years since she's sailed a ship, but it mostly comes back to her over time.

On the third day after the attack, it is Seaday--a week since the party last left Narin. Jocelyn and Noah spend the day in prayer, as it is a holy day to Octhanus. The ship does not arrive in Narin until that night. In the starlight, the town seems almost abandoned, it is so quiet.

Once the vessel is docked and everyone disembarks, Dalaim says, "I suppose this is it then. I must return to my temple and begin preparations for the new expedition. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. May Gonto watch over you." He then departs.

"Well, then," Boffi says. "Thanks be to ye all for helping against the sahuagin and keeping the ship afloat until we got here. Now it's just a matter of hiring a new crew. That'll wait until the morrow, though. Ye best head to the inn and get rooms for the night; it's pretty late. Farewell."

He and his crew remain on the ship. "Shall we head to the Paragon?" asks Grey, now since healed up from his near-death experience.

=============

It is now Agate 26, Seaday at 10:00 PM.

(OOC: Casters can pick new spells.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: CH. 5: The Sending is Coming from Inside the House

Post by Jenara »

"That would be best." Shouldering her pack and weapons, offering the captain a small wave. "I hope you find some new crew, if you get stuck..." She bows, "Andar, would you like to join us, for one day? Please?" She asks, standing on the boarding plank.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Yes, let us go, me thirsty." As they disembark, she listens to Areilon speak with Andar, she wait for a reply as a though crosses her mind.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I cannot make any promises right now," Andar says, flushing. "But seek me out in a year's time, and we will see. For now, I just want to return to my family and rest."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Just got the title :p)

Arei nods solemnly, "Of course, I will come looking for you.
Do not stray too far... For now, be safe, look after yourself." She gives him a soft hug and a light kiss on the cheek, standing on tiptoes.

With that she heads to the inn.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Andar, you need some gold? I can give."

She reaches into her purse, waiting.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana departs the ship quietly and follows the others. She desperately wants a room of her own and a bath.

(Her spell will be Detect Magic, she wants to know if one of the pearls of her necklace is magical, to explain her levitation. Would the magic have left a trace if it had been a "use only once" item?)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Andar seems quite surprised by the half-orc's offer. "Err, thank you for the offer. Areilon already gave me 20 gold pieces, however. I wouldn't want to be greedy by asking for more."

==========

(OOC: Hmm, good question. Normally when a magical item runs out of power completely, it is consumed, such as with one-shot items. I think there probably would be some minor magical residue remaining if the item was not consumed, however.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Come Val, let us leave Andar to arrange his journey home." She pats the Half Orc on the shoulder and walks to the inn.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn shakes her head behind Areilon's back before she turns to Andar. "I don't even know why I'm doing this, but I'm sorry about her," she says softly. "If I was in your position, and a man was coming on to me after going through what you went through, I'm pretty sure I would have snapped," she explains sympathetically. She holds out her hand to the man with a small smile. "I wish you well, Andar. While you might not worship Octhanus, I hope she brings you peace and helps you through your recovery."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Andar shakes her hand. "Thank you. And maybe Octhanus might be worth looking into. I think there's a temple to her where I'm heading."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It is worth looking into at any rate," Jocelyn says with a smile. "Good luck," she adds before she turns and joins the others to head to the inn.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(OOC: Arei is Arei... She has made her intent clear, not appropriate but she has been around humans too long to take her time, she has all the time in the world. Humans don't.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Does anyone else long for a bath as much as I do?" Ouragana asks the group. She wasn't in the mood really for conversation, but she couldn't stay in her shell forever...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Having said their good-byes, the party heads for the Paragon Inn. However, when they try the door, they find it locked. "It's not that late, is it?" asks Grey. Shrugging, Oren knocks.

A few moments later, the audible sound of latches being unlocked are heard, and the door opens. Peeking out, and holding a candle, is not Brock but rather the dark-skinned human waiter. He looks to each one of them suspiciously, but then his eyes rest on Areilon. "Ah, I remember you. You were here before; a week ago, yes? Then you must be safe. Come in then." He opens the door further.

The place is quite dark, the man's candle the only illumination in the whole common room. "You are looking for a room, yes? Forgive me, I am accustomed to only waiting tables, not running the whole inn itself." He heads to the front desk, beckoning them to follow.