Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords I

Post by Jerrard »

(Jerrard would like to talk to Malika, If she agrees to take a watch with him.)
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

(Well, Since Jeremy IS just a tinsy bit on the low side hp wise, I think he would do what he can to improve that. Maybe clean and bandage his wounds as best he can?

"I suppose I could, but I won't be of much help should something happen, just an extra pair of eyes and ears." Jeremy replies, "But I will do what I can in any case."
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Yep, just didnt want to leave him out).

"Paladine will make you better in the morning." Locky grins, patting the woodsman's shoulder.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Everyone goes to sleep, except for Imani and Lareth who take the first watch. Neither has much to say to each other, and nothing bothers their camp. When their two hours are up, they wake up Jerrard and Malika for the second watch and hit the hay themselves.

Malika, however, is not all that happy about being woken up. "I need my beauty rest," she complains to Jerrard, rubbing her eyes. "Can't you just watch the camp yourself? It's not like I can do anything if we're attacked anyway."

========

It is now Darkwatch (12:00 AM).
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"You need no beauty rest, you are fine as you are." He says softly, "The idea is a second pair of eyes, you can help by waking the others." He says placing a hand on her shoulder. "You are angry with me, I spoke harshly." He lowers his head, "I get that this is not what you are used to, and you didn't expect this to happen, but you are free."

"I know of your past, and that is just that, the past. This is a chance to make a life for yourself, you are capable of more than you know." He smiles, "If I step out of line again, please understand...." He blushes, "It was easier when all I had to worry about was me, understand I do care for you, as crazy as that may seem."

"So come, wake, talk to me, tell me a little of you, not the story you told us, but the truth." He offers his cloak and goes back to a hot pot of water he was boiling at the campfire. "Tea?" He asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Grumbling a bit, Malika gets up and joins Jerrard by the fireplace. She waves off his offer for his cloak, as she has her own. She does nod to the offer to tea, however.

"What makes you think I am lying about my past?" she asks. "Surely you don't believe that traitorous rogue Imaran over me?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I don't know what to believe, sometimes I get you, and others you are too confusing." He admits as he pours her some tea, "Careful, it's hot."

"If we are to understand each other, we need to be honest. I have no experience with women, my life was spent fighting, or with my face in a book." He blushes as red as his robes once were, "Please be honest with me, I will not judge."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Very well," she says. "I've never told anyone this tale before..."

She begins, "I was born to a good family, but only until I was 6. My parents were killed in a bandit raid, and I was left as an orphan. But the man who led the bandits, a former general in the Green Dragonarmy, look me prisoner. It was a cruel and horrible existence, and more than once I thought about ending it all and freeing myself into the next life. I was beaten and worse...but perhaps the gods smiled on me yet, for I discovered I had a special power within me. A power that I could invoke in song and dance."

She looks off in the distance with forlorn. "It was with that power I was able to escape from my captors and become free. And yes," she adds, looking down, "I did become a thief. I did what I had to just to survive in such a harsh world. I never liked it, but the only alternative was to starve. Eventually, I was caught and enslaved; and once again, I had my freedom taken from me."

She looks away and wipes at her eyes. "It's not something I enjoy talking about, obviously."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Hmmmm." Jerrard says pursuing his lips together, "You did what you had to in order to survive." He says as he puts his arm around her, "The skills you have can be used for other uses. Draconians, the Baaz we ran into today can be... Enticed by soft words."

"Tomorrow, we practice with your blade..." He smiles at her and sips his tea.

"As for what happened to you, never again will you be locked away, restrained to another, you have my word on that." He scans the area for a moment, "I expect nothing from you, you are my friend, the any treasure we obtain is partly yours... But, you will need to join in, take part, help."

"Do you feel anger still? And perhaps that I plan to use you in the same way?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I always thought draconians were resistant to magic," Malika says. "That's why Wahid never let them into his tavern when I performed. He was worried they would be able to resist my powers, too." She glances silently to the arm he puts around her, but doesn't say anything about it.

"In any case, I am not a warrior, and don't have any interest in becoming one. I'll fight if I have to, but I'm not seeking battles out like you people do. And you said you'd protect me anyway, didn't you? So why do I need to fight, too?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That is all I can ask, protect yourself." He sees her glance. "Does my arm worry you? Do you think I expect something?"

"As for the draconians, some are more resistant than others, if you believe the stories Goldmoon calmed a whole group with a song."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Don't you?" she asks, cocking her head to him. "I'm not really familiar with Goldmoon. She's one of the western heroes from the last war, yes? It's not a very popular story in Khur."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Have I not stressed this before?" He says with a shake of his head. "I would never do anything you did not want too."

"I like you, quite a lot, I think perhaps even before I knew you. I saw you dance in your room and I was enthralled by your beauty." He blushes yet keeps his eyes fixed on her. "I believe there is goodness in you." Moving his hand to her hair he waits to see what she does as he continues.

"Is there any chance, for you and me? As a couple? I will understand if the answer is no. But remember, my views on that are different to Khur, it would be as equals."

"And yes, she was a plainswoman, much like your own people, hence I drew a parallel."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Malika allows Jerrard to touch her face, but when he asks if they could be a couple, she quickly dances away. "Aha!" she says, wagging her finger. "So there is something you want from me, after all, despite all of your protests. Nobody acts that nice without wanting something in return." She shakes her head and grins. "So what if I told you there was no chance? That I'd sooner be with a draconian than you? What would happen then, I wonder, if I said such things? I bet you'd stop being so nice, so concerned about me. I bet your behavior toward me would change a lot, in fact. Wouldn't it?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Honestly, I would be saddened, but I would accept your choice, it would not affect how I treat you. I hope you are my friend." His face does not change, "I am shocked you would think so little of me."

'I will not tell any of the others what you have told me tonight." Taking her hands he looks into her eyes. "I want you to trust me first, before anything else."