Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords I

Post by JadedDM »

Thuskar helps Ulster to his feet and helps support him as they walk to the camp. Ulster nods to Imani. "I've had worse."

After an hour, the camp is set, a fire is made, Locky finishes praying and presumably Babushka gets around to patching up Jeremy. Once things settle down, rations are broken out--and of course, there's plenty of water from the stream.

==============

Babushka makes a healing check on Jeremy (1d20): 17, fail. No damage is healed.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I can help, If I can rest a little while." Locky asks, resting against a tree, "I am drained from the Treants." She watches the new Elf, he was nothing like Aleaha, she liked her.

"So do they often attack travelers?" She asks, pointing to the Draconian. "I am starting to think this place is actually quite dangerous."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard sits near Malika, once again offering his bedroll to the woman, his face unreadable within his hood. He talks when talked to, but otherwise stays very quiet, barely eating, his face in his spellbook.

(He will restore armor on himself, and memorise 4 magic missiles)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The world is a dangerous place, kender," Lareth says simply. "You have not been traveling in it long if you have yet to figure that out."

Malika accepts Jerrard's bedroll wordlessly, and prepares to get ready for sleep right away.

"Now then," the kirath says, turning to Jerrard. "I understand you are seeking to purchase some new spells? I hope you have steel then."

=============

Jerrard casts Armor on himself. His AC raises by 2 points.

(OOC: Hopefully Jerrard doesn't eat too much of his face, he might need some of it for later.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(The comma is an amazing thing)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You know, you might be right." Locky responds, "I guess a great and powerful mage like you might be able to tell me what this armor is." She pulls off the chain gloves. "It's magical, Paladine showed me. But what I don't know."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I have steel." Jerrard says cautiously lifting his head from his spellbook. "My power has grown recently, beyond the spells my master taught me." He explains calmly, "Your help would be appreciated."

He keeps near Malika, saying nothing but trying to fix her gaze very occasionally
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We were given magical armor, but we don't quite know what the magic upon the armor is," Imani admits. "I have some plate mail that needs to be looked at, if you don't mind that is."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster lies down to rest, Thuskar watching over him.

Babushka sits down by Jeremy. "How are you feeling?" she asks. "I was thinking about what Aleaha said, about Habbakuk. What were your thoughts on that? Do you follow any of the gods?"

"Very well, if you have the funds, we can do business together," Lareth says. "Allow me to explain to you my pricing model."

===========

Lareth's pricing model:

To copy spells out of his spellbook:
1st level spells cost 100 stp - Identify, Color Spray, Feather Fall, Gaze Reflection, Wall of Fog, Read Magic, Detect Magic
2nd level spells cost 200 stp - Alter Self, Levitate, Rope Trick, Whispering Wind, Invisibility
3rd level spells cost 300 stp - Blink, Haste, Tongues, Wraithform, Hold Person, Dispel Magic

For Lareth to cast a spell for the party:
Lareth charges 1,000 stp (per item) to cast Identify, 500 stp to cast Invisibility, 100 stp for Detect Magic, 100 stp for Tongues, and 200 stp for Read Magic (these are the standard rates in the DMG, incidentally).
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"...Jerrard, couldn't you learn the spell to identify these items, and then do it for free for us?" Imani asks. She didn't have enough money to get the armor identified by Lareth.
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

Jeremy turns to Babushka "Not feeling so well, got pretty tore up back there. I don't really follow any gods, but what she said sounds interesting. I may want to hear more my self."
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Jerrard you can use some of mine." Locky says to Jerrard, he'd bought the food for the horses, and really coins were dull, she thinks as she produces a piece of red chalk, and swaps it with the pretty leaf she was playing with.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Thank you Locky." Jerrard responds stroking the kenders hair. "We shall see."

"Thank you Lareth, you are most gracious." He says with a bow. "I would like to Learn identify and blink, those seem like useful spells to have." He says walking over to Dekker and reaching into his pouch. Four hundred steel in his hand.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm sorry I couldn't do more for your injuries," Babushka says to Jeremy. "But once Locky finishes praying, she'll be able to help you, I'm sure." Turning back to the topic of the gods, she says, "I was born in a time without gods. When they returned during the war twenty-five years ago, I was in such an isolated area that it never really impacted me."

Paying Lareth, Jerrard then attempts to copy those two spells into his own book. He manages to successfully copy Identify, but only just barely. Blink proves far too difficult for him, however, and he fails.

"If you need to purchase pearls to cast Identify, I have some available," Lareth says.

=========

Jerrard attempts to learn Identify for 100 STP (1d100): 75, pass (just barely!)
Jerrard attempts to learn Blink for 300 STP (1d100): 94, fail.

(OOC: Jerrard will need to gain a level before he can attempt to learn Blink again. Also, keep in mind he still has 69 PP on Dekker, which translates to 375 STP.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes, I saw that when I transcribed the spell, pearls are not easy to come by." Jerrard says cursing himself for being unable to learn the spell. "Could I try Haste? If you could loan me the money locky?"

1d100=48 pass.