Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Tree Lords I

Post by Jenara »

"But its just a tree!" Locky says pouting, "But if Aleaha says we must." She reluctantly follows the woodsman.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Fighting against her nature, Locky stays away from the talking tree and the rest of the watch passes without incident.

Once the sun rises, Aleaha is the first to rouse and quickly sets to getting everyone ready. After a brief breakfast, they are all traveling again within an hour.

"We must make haste," she explains. "We didn't even cover two miles yesterday."

"Less than two miles in one day? Ah, gee, I'm going to be an old man by the time I get out of this forest, aren't I?" Ulster complains.

"Your race ages so quickly; I wouldn't count it out of the realm of possibility," Aleaha replies with a smirk.

"She's kidding, right?" Ulster asks aloud.

After another hour of travel, Aleaha calls a halt. "Hold." She kneels to the ground and seems to be carefully examining it. "Lareth has definitely come this way."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Lareth?" Imani asks. "Who is that?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Lareth Thlorendil, Wizard of Solinari and a well respected kirath in his own right," Aleaha responds. "Perhaps someone nearby saw him recently." She looks around, then spots a squirrel in a tree nearby, watching them.

Aleaha prays softly in elven, and her eyes glow for just a moment as the spell takes affect. Then she begins speaking to the squirrel and appears to understand what it is telling her.

"Good morning, friend. Have you seen an elf, white as the snow? I see. How long ago? I understand. Thank you, friend squirrel; you have been most helpful."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The Mage you spoke of?" Jerrard asks, glancing around.

"Fun!" Locky exclaims, obviously excited.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka's already large blue eyes grow all round when Aleaha prays and then talks to the squirrel. "You can talk to animals?" she asks her. "My mentor said that in the days of yore, there were people who could do that, but he hadn't met any."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"That is right," Aleaha says to Jerrard.

She smiles to Babushka. "It is through the power of my faith in Habbakuk, the Blue Phoenix, that I can speak to animals--among other feats. Perhaps some day, you too, will know this power."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"How should we act, I need his help, I hope he will do so..." Jerrard looks at her hopefully, "And that is an impressive skill."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Aleaha turns to Jerrard. "Lareth is...very difficult to deal with, actually. He has a strong dislike for other people, especially other races, but even other Silvanesti. I suspect he became a kirath just to keep to himself. It's very important to be polite and respectful toward him. Actually, a little flattery probably wouldn't hurt, either. I'll do my best to keep him civil, but don't expect him to be particularly respectful in return."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Flattery, I can do." He smiles, "He is a high ranking Wizard of my Order. It is my duty to look up to him." He smiles.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Wow you can speak to Squirrels? That might be fun, what did he say? Is he addicted to Nuts? I guess they would be, see you always see them chasing nuts..." Locky rambles.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Maybe you should let me speak to him," Imani offers. After all, she was technically a princess, and she had learned how to flatter others properly a long time ago. It got her out of trouble many times with the Khan.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Of course, what a good idea." Jerrard says with a nod, "If one of is were an elf, it would Make it easier.. But I believe you will be perfect." Turning to Aleaha he smiles, "He is powerful you say?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Aleaha nods. "He is not as powerful as he might be, were wizardry his only study. But he is a kirath, as well and so his focus is divided between magic and the forest. I suspect he is powerful enough to be of use to you, though."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Then he is similar to you, Jerrard" Babushka observes. "But you are right, Imani should talk to him first. I will keep in the background."
There's more to me than meets the eye...