Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time to prepare

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Time to prepare

Post by Breila »

After their arrival and their help with the unloading, Brax, Gunter, Kim, Searos and Veelayana stand on the pier at Saltmarsh harbour. The spell of dry weather has ended, it is drizzling. All the same, people are busy at a warehouse, and the fishermen sort their catch, some stalls are already open. At the far end of the fairground, children are gathered round an old man who sits on an upturned barrel. An infernal noise comes from them, because they all have slide whistles and are trying to get a tune out of them.

(Reller and Martin can choose where they are this morning)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Time to prepare

Post by Stik »

[OOC] Can I choose Rome? :) [/OOC]

Martin strolls the market, juggling two plush hedgehogs and an apple, and eating the apple in the process - not an easy task, but one must stay in practice. He grins to hear the slidewhistle orchestra warming up, but truth be told he's the tiniest bit disappointed that someone is teaching them to actually play, for the worse they sound, the happier he would be.

Spotting the others on the dockside, he stops walking, hastily finishes his apple, and strolls over.

Unbidden, a scrap of lyrics from an old song comes to mind, a bouncy little ditty penned in a city known for its carriage works. He is still singing it under his voice as he reaches the dockside: "...I'd take a permanent vacation. Hey la, hey la...
"Well, hello! Welcome back. Town's still here. Haven't burnt it down or anything while you've been gone.

He addresses the group warmly, bowing or shaking hands as appropriate: "Radiance...Big Guy... Oh, hi....Dude...Lesson Seven - hey! Where's Frosty and Junior? They're alright, aren't they? Nothing unfortunate happened to them?"
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"My name is Kim, in case you have forgotten, though I doubt it, Mister-of-many-names. And Echo and Amon have parted with us halfway through our mission, they were called back urgently by their master through that magic ring. I'm surprised they aren't here yet, actually. But maybe they travelled to their assignment directly from Dunreese." Kim's voice is strictly matter-of-fact.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax bows low to the Jester, her tabard flowing open, the sun symbol clearly evident.

"Master Drake." She say with a smirk, "As Kim says, Amon and Echo were called on an urgent mission." She raises her head, "And what have you been up to?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Kim. Of course it is. Forgive me - I had so intended to employ a clever moniker for each of you, and suddenly found myself at a loss, for I feel I barely know you, unlike some of your companions.

"You have all missed an interesting few days in Saltmarsh, but perhaps you would like get settled in before we bring you up to date. Alas, the two magelings have not arrived in town, or their arrival has escaped my notice. I do hope they are alright."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Interesting?" Brax inquires striding towards him "We have had an interesting time too. Perhaps one best told over a glass of wine?" She suggests, moving off towards the inn.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Moving to meet with Martin, Reller makes his way to the area and spots the small group. He pauses long enough to inspect the group and continues to stand by Martin with a casual smile.

Wearing a cloak and casual wear, he has his pack with him as he is getting some food for the day's meals. With his brown hair in a pony tail, the pointy ears of his elven heritage are obvious.

"Clients?" Reller asks cheerfully and introduces himself to the group. "I am Reller, a local magician of sorts."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Reller's introduction, Kim looks over, interested. "Then we are fellows." A hand is extended. Kim's jet-black sleek hair is shoulder-length. The other hand pushes the hair behind one ear, to reveal a point that is less marked than Reller's, but unmistakable. The voice his hoarse, little more than a whisper. Neither this nor any physical feature, mostly hidden by loose black leather clothing, reveal if Kim is male or female. "Are you associated with Daos Soulstaff in any way? I need to see him about a spellbook we recovered in the old mansion, I hope his protege has left it with him. There were a few spells in there that I started to study, but couldn't quite grasp. I would like to give it another try." This is said with a sideways glance to Martin, like telling him "well prick your ears if you want to know me".
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Brax, Celandra Brax, Devoted Disciple of Pelor." Brax says softly, her face hidden in the hood she wears, offering him a gloved hand she continues. "Searos, Vee and Gunter." She adds motioning to each of the group.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos listens to the babble for a few moments and the various introductions. He snorts at the prospect of something interesting happening in Saltmarsh. "I don't think anything interesting has happened in this town in a hundred years. But that drink sounds fantastic." With that, Searos heads off for the inn without another word though he does mutter to himself continually, "great... more sorcerors and more halfies. Doesn't anybody sleep with their own kind any more?" and so on and so forth.
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Interesting things happen all the time, my friend, it's just a matter of noticing them," Martin says as they stroll through the square. He pauses briefly as they pass the Saltmarsh Slidewhistle Ensemble to wave his marotte like a conductor's baton, then says: "Music to my ears," although the cacophany might best be compared to a bag of racoons in a well. Then he takes five or six quick strides to catch up.

"A drink and tales all around sounds wonderful. And to tell you the truth, Kim, a peek at this spellbook you mentioned would be welcome, too. I have been known to dabble in such things a bit myself. Just a bit, though. Nothing too big."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"I have been around this area my entire life. I know most locals." Reller admits with a brief grin as he shakes Celandra's hand in a firm grip. "It is a pleasure to meet you. It is always interesting to meet an elf." Walking with the group, he asks. "What brings your group to the area if I may ask?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We were passing through." Brax responds, "Is my lineage that obvious?" She asks her voice soft and calm, "I think you would be surprised." Letting out a little giggle she let's her hood fall, revealing her silver skin, her red eyes glaring deeply at him.

"A drink would be good, come." Grabbing Gunters arm she heads towards the inn.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"A second elf, I meant..." Reller gives Kim a glance. He pauses and watches Brax for a second. Then, he keeps pace with Martin and remarks. "It would appear that there are several types of elves to be found in your group."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed." Brax says with a slight grin, grasping Gunter tightly with her hand.

Borderlands 3 - Navi