Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time to prepare

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time to prepare

Post by Breila »

When Martin walks to the shed in the garden, he has to fight stinging nettles to open the door. (But of course he is more than man enough to do that). However, that shed turns out to be the outhouse. It had not given its purpose off by smell, because it is outfitted so that the contents can be retrieved and used as fertiliser, and of course this had been done after the last occupant's death.

(waiting for Muffin Man, Robbo and Luna to go on)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter gives Brax a reassuring hug before leaving her by the door and walking over to check out the artifact.

"Whatever that is, it's not natural. I say we burn it out back. We could do the same to the house for all I care...there is something about this place that doesn't seem right to me. Perhaps the old woman who used to live here was involved in some sort of witchcraft?"

Gunter will do what he can to help out Martin and ventures out to the back shed with him. If no shovel can be found he suggests again that the group just burn it and be done with it.

d20 = 1 (i'm hoping that's good...)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax turns on her heels and heads back down stairs to let Reller in the house.

"Hello, you returned?" She says with a smile, "Drake has found something, quite horrible."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"It was an empty house, right? How bad could it be?" Reller asks and lifts the oil. "Lamps and oil, we thought you could use it."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Empty of people perhaps." She says with a sigh. "Rats, smells, a creepy crib..." She shudders, "No matter, lets get some lanterns going, thank you." Giving the Elf and embrace she smiles.

"Would you mind helping clearing the house?" She asks the pair.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"I will not speak for Kristina, but I can help with it." Reller enters and sets the oils and latern inside the house." He looks around and asks. "Rats?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Not just Rats. But a 'King Rat'." Brax suggests as she ushers him in. "It was nice to loan us the property, but..." She sweeps her arm in arc. "Things like a home are far beyond me "

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kristina looks around the rooms in the lower story after coming in. "Good Lord, the heirs were really thorough in their picking! They left next to nothing usable. Is it as bad upstairs?" she asks Brax.

"A king rat? Or do you mean a rat king? A bundle of rats tied at their tails?" Seeing in Brax's face that the answer is yes, Kristina goes upstairs quickly.

She is relieved when she sees that apparently no one touched the rat king. "What do you plan doing with it?" she asks the group.

(Luna is AFK until tomorrow evening, I have no means of contacting her. Since rats are the holy animals of her religion, I would like to wait for her)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Ah, 'tis the owl-whisperer. I was hoping to get your opinion on this wonder we have found. It is a rat re. Odd to find it here, in a house which does not seem to have a huge rat population. I am forced to wonder if it is naturally-occurring, or if someone perhaps had too much time on their hands and a penchant for knots. Please come see.

"I just ask that you do not touch the thing for, in consideration of Miss Vee's beliefs, I had thought we might give it a proper funeral."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Miss Vee's beliefs?" Kristina looks at Vee. "Could you please explain?" she asks politely, even though she looks a little incredulous.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Sacred animal, messenger of her god, Kord. I can appreciate her position, especially considering the amazing things that some people pray to. Why, I've heard tell of a temple where people revere the teachings of an ancient sage from another world, who brought billions of beings to this world before the trees taught the elves to speak, clustered them around volcanos and then destroyed them with massive eruptions, causing their spirits to roam the world and latch onto unsuspecting people."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller follows along and says "It is strange to leave behind in any case."
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee tries to remind the rituals her pristress did with rat kings... but she wasn't so religious. At least she gives up:"We can burn it as a funreal...just like humans. And let blow his ashes with the wind so the spirit is free again"

As Martin talks to Kristina Vee turns to them "wait- you think someone could let die these rats on purpose?"

1d20=8
I am NOT sweet!
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller tells Vee. "It could be something as simple as an accident. People forget the small details after a while. They can leave things behind."
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"One does not exactly forget a rat re, my friend. I mean, it's not like leaving your keys on the table, or failing to button your doublet. It's a bundle of live rats." Martin gestures expansively with his hands, wiggling them around in what he hopes is a fair imitation of a rat king, then turns to Vee.
"More likely, I would think, Miss Vee, is that it came to be here after the widow died, or (if she knew about it) that she died without telling anyone it was here. Tragic, really, but not intentional.
"Let us honor this passing with fire and libations, and set about putting this house in order."