Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time to prepare

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time to prepare

Post by Kafen »

Reller gives the man a smile in reply as he sits with the group.

Listening to the small talk, he asks. "Indeed, what kind of creature are we talking about? I am familiar with most of the local species."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"I kow that you are good in letting disappear cold steel" Vee says renembering her 'fight' against him "but I wonder if you could let dissapear the many, sharp teeths of the Sea kittys we have been fighting with... althrough it would look funny"
she tries to imagine the face of the Sea Cats, then she thinks about her grandmother's mouth without teeths, and tries to put them together...
"I think Gunter thought about the Sea cats when he said abominations, and not the sea princess we saved, right?
These Monsters looked like a mix between a verry angry Kitty and a fish, I've never saw such things before"
I am NOT sweet!
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

"An evil Sea Hag and her pets. We fell victim to a trap that she set. By the looks of what was washed up on the shoreline, we were lucky to escape where it seems many others did not."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Breila wrote:When Brax arrives at the stables, she is greeted by a stable hand. "Hello Ma'am" he says shyly, visibly pulling himself together not to recoil from the half-drow. "The stabling has been paid for by the council, to thank for your contribution to the town's safety, but you really should take them out now that you're back. They are getting restless."

Indeed, the animals look well cared for, but are not in a good mood.
Nodding to the stable hand she passes him a Silver Piece and steps towards her own mount, Annas, the Tan Mare neighs and nuzzles Brax's outstretched hand.

"I will take Annas out for a ride, and tell the others on my return to care for their mounts." Leading her out of the stables she pulls herself onto the horses back and rides to the Mansion, moving at a slow trot.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Ach! What a tale I could have spun that into. You folk have a knack for getting into colorful trouble. Stick with me and it can become the stuff of legends, or not, as you prefer. But the tales would be good with or without your names attached to them."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

"Yes. We do. Because we keep walking into situations that are almost literally holding a sign that says "I AM A TRAP!" And we still walk into it! Basically, we're idiots. Idiots who refuse to learn. Idiots who keep saying "oh look at those poor helpless POOR stupid people! They need our help, with no promise of compensation. That sounds like a good idea!" Gods, we're idiots..."

Searos goes to get a round of drinks.
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"I'm guessing he's the plucky comic relief, then, eh?"
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Nezza follows Searos to the table because she doesn't trust him not to spill any of the drinks. She also has a question:

"Miss Soulstaff and Master Cousland were with you when you left, but have not returned with you. Did something happen? Or did they simply stay behind with the Couslands' friends in Dunreese?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter looks around the table at the others who were with him, "Last we heard, Amon said they were being called back on some important business and that's the last we saw of them."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Riding past the house, Brax pats Annas gently, "Good girl." She taps the mares side and heads towards the Church, where she ties the horse to a nearby stake or fence before heading inside.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Indeed, what brings you to this fine township?" Reller inquires of the group with a smile on his face.
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos puts down all his drinks and then looks at everyone else. "You know, I didn't get any of you anything..."

To Reller Searos says "We're in this "town" because, as I mentioned earlier, we're idiots. We don't learn from past mistakes and we're gluttons for punishment."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller raises his hands and gestures for a round of drinks. "Indeed, what manner of punishment are you inflicting upon youselves, then." He asks with humor.
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

"Let's say that there are one or two members of our group that can be a little overeager to help those in need, which has been used against us on a couple of occasions recently."
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

"Hint: one of those over-eager people is not me."