Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Time to prepare

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Time to prepare

Post by Jenara »

"Interesting plan Reller." Brax giggles, "And there is nothing wrong with my eye Master Drake."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

"Uhh, I think I'm fine with the idea of getting a large discount on the listed price of an item."

Searos gives Brax a look like "really?"
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Glad to hear it, Radiance.
"Reller - Now you're thinking. And I'll see your loud hinges and raise you a bell tree. I know a tinsmith who can make us come really el-cheap-o bells - cowbells, sleighbells, whatever. Put them around the door and viola. We shall hear when the door is opened. Assuming we're present, of course."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Mattresses will be hard to come by at the moment" Kristina tells the group. "Late spring is an unfortunate time for that, especially this year as we needed the last stores of straw to fix the warehouse roof. But you could fix all the beds that do not yet have them with criscrossed straps, that will make them quite comfortable to use with a bedroll."

The group will find the neighbourhood helpful with things, many people will give, trade and barter freely, and what needs to be bought will be given at good prices. "You will help us to get rid of the smugglers, won't you?" is a phrase they hear often.

Please state exactly what you will do with the rat king and who will do it. Some information to help you decide:
The house is one in a row of eight. Every second wall between them is made of stone - that is where the hearth is - , the rest is timberframe. The gardens are separated by wickerwork fences that are high enough so you don't see from one garden to the other, but it is possible to look into the neighbour's garden from the windows of the upstairs rooms. The back fence is wickerwork too, with the back wall of the outhouse (made of boards) being part of it. In fact, from the alley behind the garden fences, it is possible to get at the outhouse pits to use their contents as fertiliser.

In "your" garden, there is a cherry tree on the left side. The outline of the beds for vegetables is still visible, but the flowers that were once only used as borders and the weeds have taken over. Around the outhouse, the weeds are mostly stinging nettles. In fact, there are even a few yellowish nettles growing out of the packed soil in the outhouse.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Resigned to the fact that the group is going to move in, Gunter sighs, "I think it's a very good idea to change the locks and get some mattresses...if we're going to be here for awhile we might as well be comfortable, right? I think as a group, our coin purses are a little light right now so any deals we could make would be very helpful," he turns to Brax and (perhaps a little too earnestly) adds, "You're taking the master bedroom them? If you need any help with anything let me know!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course, I would accept such help willingly." She snuggles close a second and then steps back. "Mattresses, barter what we can, we buy the rest."

"Very well." Placing her hands on her hips she continues. "Gunter, could you move the Rat, so we can do the Ceremony later? Reller, Drake, Searos come with me? We need to get a few things. Vee, could you set to work clearing the bedrooms, Gunter can join you when he is done.. Kim, can you clean please? Perhaps you have a spell to aid with the smell?" She looks to each of them in turn, waiting to see what they all think.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos motions for Brax to lead on. "Well, lets get all this over with. I'm sure not going to touch that rat thing."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed, Vee can see that it is treated properly."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Reller nods his head in agreement. "I can do the fire ritual, too." He moves to help.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Ooc: can I suggest an FF? We can tidy up, etc and move to the Ritual for the Rat thing? Just a thought.. we can rely on Martin's contacts to get things.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee would move the rat re into the garden carefully take it with her cape leave it there till sunset.
she will also build a simple fireplace (trample down the nettles etc)

After that she will clean the bedrooms in the house with Brax until the sun goes down- Its important that the fire is built in the moment the sun tuches the horizon

(ooc: I'm also for moving on- a detailed description of cleaning is something I really neither like to whrite nor to read. only cleaning in real live is more boring :roll: )
I am NOT sweet!
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC]No worries about burning the weeds down. Provided we can get our hands on a space, I am sure Gunter knows how to dig a Dakota Fire Hole.
The second hole acts like a chimney (in reverse) to feed air into the main pit. It makes a hot fire without much smoke and without burning the grass around it. And when we're done, HRM's ashes can be buried with the ash from the fire.[/OOC]
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: I hope Gunter agrees with that. In any case, I will post tomorrow evening to give you a task for the week and half I am away. And I'll resolve what I needed your d20s for :) )
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Do not get over-ambitious in your housecleaning efforts, friends. I am off to recruit some assistance for that very purpose. I shall be back shortly."
Martin heads off to the town square, looking for whatever local children he can find. Once there, he begins a bit of a show, doing his act while strolling slowly, gathering an audience as best he can.

Once he has gathered a bit of an audience, he will make his announcement, pitching his voice in the manner of a carnival barker: "Today is a very special day. It is the day of the first-ever-in-Cirque du Drake Saltmarsh Children's Extravaganza. Music, merriment, and fake magic galore. There is no charge for admission, but that does not mean it is free - for anything free is worth what you pay for it, but anything worth having is worth earning, capisce?
"Now what, you may ask, is the price of admission? Just one short hour of your time and effort, and perhaps much less than that, depending on how many of you choose to participate. In return you get to tell all your friends that you were on hand for some amazing entertainment.
"So, grab a broom and a dustpan, or a mop and bucket, or a brush and some rags. and don't forget the soap, and follow me to the Widow Weaver's house.

"And hurry! This offer is limited to the first dozen to respond."

[OOC] Martin's goal here is to enlist a crew of pint-sized housecleaners, and once he has them, to unleash them on the widow's cottage (he has no intention of limiting the number, that's just to generate competition). If all goes well here, I am picturing a 1980s movie montage of the house getting cleaned by a bunch of kids, at the end of which Martin will put on a performance of child-friendly songs and tricks.

Assuming it goes to plan, once he has set them to work, he'll dash off with Brax and Reller to see some merchants, leaving whoever is willing to direct the crew, returning about an hour later to begin his performance. [/OOC]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(OOC: That works for Brax)

Borderlands 3 - Navi