Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Dried Oasis.

Set in our own world, Earth, the planet we've lived on and have learned to love, cherish and grow from. However things are different. The world is barren, on fire, flooded or torn apart by mountains. Earth's elements have taken arms against humanity, striking right after the industrial era began. Because of this, humanity was never able to step forward with research. The raging elements have torn apart buildings, towns, event whole kingdoms have fallen. Only a few places hold man kind. The question is, will the elements ever stop their onslaught?

Moderator: Korgen

Forum rules
Rules will be simple and easy. No magic users, and you must be a human. Keeps the game on the edge of reality a little bit. However, in order to get the effect I want, magic IS in the world, just not accessible by humans.

Locked till and if the DM returns.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Dried Oasis.

Post by Jenara »

(Shifting threads)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The wind begins to pick up slightly on the outside. dust kicks into the air, forcing people back inside. The guard captian and two others retreat to the tavern, muttering about heavy sand as they do. There is lots of talk about where people are, and why they are not here.
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Hrothgar coughs and lifts his cloak up over his face moving into the tavern. The town didn't have a proper weapon for him so the least he can do is try to get a drink.
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

People fill up the bar quickly as the storm gets stronger. The three kids jump in aswell, heading upstairs and bumping into Hzel and Mary on the staircase. Three guards and the captain walk in aswell, shaking the sand from his hair. "Alright everyone! Settle down, this storm looks like it's going to last awhile." With that, he orders a beer.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Toru follows the children, and thus eventually winds up at the tavern, as well--still unaware that this was all unnecessary and that Mary had been at the tavern all along.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"See." Hazel says softly, keeping her blade hidden as best she can, letting Mary do the talking.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

Mary hugs the three children, warning them to stay inside. She hides from sight of the guards.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Stay with me." She says softly, taking Mary's hand, "You are with me, Gelpas will see no harm comes to you." Turning to the Children she says: "Find a quiet corner, we will join you in a moment."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The children are quick to give the finger and run away, Just as gelpas notices the group. he walks over. " It's alittle early, but any reports? I would like ot know how to react as quickly as possible."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You guys are hard work." Hazel says with a sigh, finding a table of her own she sits down in a chair. "Not really, I plan to head out in the morning, Thank you for Toru, although he doesn't seem to like me."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Hrothgar orders himself a beer and flops into a chair at the table with Hazel. "So what have you been up to? Personally, I can't seem to find a decently sized weapon in this town, which is disappointing."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then you will have to stick with what you have." Hazel responds bluntly. "I have found... Well been given someone to aid us." She comments motioning to Gelpas, "Toru, he's over there. Perhaps you should talk to him? He doesn't like me much."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Toru, meanwhile, is more busy watching the children. He sees them hug Mary, and realizes she fits the description of the one Hazel told him about. He had found his quarry--had she been here the whole time? It occurs to the monk that Hazel may have outright tricked him, that she had known all along where she was and simply led him on a goose chase. Despite Gelpas vouching for her, he realizes she cannot be considered fully trustworthy either.

He decides to keep a close eye on her. But for now, he has more pressing concerns. He approaches Mary. "You are that calls herself Mary," he says. It is not a question. "What is your relationship to the bandits that plague this town?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ahhh Toru, you found us, I put my hands up and say you slipped my mind." She offers him a wink, "Yes this is Mary, my friend." She adds, "Let us find a table and sit down, would anyone like a drink?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Hrothgar eyes his mug of ale and decides he could use another. "I would relish another drink."