Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Dried Oasis.

Set in our own world, Earth, the planet we've lived on and have learned to love, cherish and grow from. However things are different. The world is barren, on fire, flooded or torn apart by mountains. Earth's elements have taken arms against humanity, striking right after the industrial era began. Because of this, humanity was never able to step forward with research. The raging elements have torn apart buildings, towns, event whole kingdoms have fallen. Only a few places hold man kind. The question is, will the elements ever stop their onslaught?

Moderator: Korgen

Forum rules
Rules will be simple and easy. No magic users, and you must be a human. Keeps the game on the edge of reality a little bit. However, in order to get the effect I want, magic IS in the world, just not accessible by humans.

Locked till and if the DM returns.
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Dried Oasis.

Post by Korgen »

The man ponders for a moment. " No idea, the girl was wearing a heavy cloak. Couldn't see her body. But she did have brown hair. The kids dragged her out of the store pretty quick. She bought nothing.

As Toru heads north, the sound of children playing could be heard behind a fence to his left. Ahead of him was a simple left in the road.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Toru decides to investigate the sound of children, just to be thorough in his search.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Have you ever seen the children before? I assume they would live in the housing district, but do you have any idea where?" Selecting a tight fitting tunic, trousers and a belt she places them infront of the shopkeeper. "How much? Bear in mind i'm here to help Captain Gelpas." She winks.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

3 children run and play, scream and shout while playing in the rather boring sandbox of a park. A guard not to far off is watching the children aswell.

" Yes, they are the infamous orphan children. Those three are devils. Always causing trouble. Gelpas is far too kind to kick them out. They sometimes come here to look at stuff, stealing other times.As for the clothing, just give me your name so I can tell Gelpas. If you're lying, he'll arrest you, I'm sure." The older man nods lightly, without much concern on his face.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Where would I find them? And tell him Hazel." She smiles, "Local Orphans, I don't suppose there was four once upon a time?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

"There are lots of orphan children in this town. Those 3 are just the most troublesome. Bandits like to take stuff away, including parents. They do enjoy a rather large sandbox in the housing area from what I've heard...But you'll want to speak with Gelric. He's the guardian of the orphans in this town. He dresses as an everyday guard, but he has more skill then most anyone i've seen. It's thanks to him that children have stopped being taken recently. Bandits are too scared. But be careful, if he misunderstands your intentions, you may be in for the fight of your life.." With that another customer walks in, a short man. The sotre owner quickly jumps to help the man.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Very well." With that Hazel walks towards the Housing district, folded clothes in one arm as she steps lightly.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Toru approaches the group. People often ignored children, but he recognized that they tended to see and hear a lot because of that. "Excuse me," he says politely, his hands behind his back. "I am searching for a young woman." He describes her. "Have any of you seen her?"
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

It takes only ten minutes for Hazel to reach the housing district, close to the park, but not yet there. Toru resides at the park currently, talking to children. The kids seem more eager to play then respond, but once the describition reaches there ears they become passively hostile towards Toru. Forcing the idea that they've never heard of such a lady before.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Hazel looks around, scanning the area.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Toru studies the children as they speak, attempting to discern how honest they are being with him.

===============

Toru makes a Sense Motive check (1d20+4): 22
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

Hazel is quick to find Toru's location, she appoarches from behind the guardsmen.

The children are clearly lying. They also seem angered by being questioned..
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Just the people I was looking for." Hazel says with a wide smile, "I was looking for three really useful young people, and I have found them."

"Toru, I see you have met Mary's friends, you are going to tell me where she is, aren't you? See she is my friend too, I saved her.. and I want to help her again."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Toru bristles at the sound of Hazel's voice and he glares at her for ruining his plan to spy on the children and hope they would lead him back to his quarry.
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The children stare at the woman for a moment.. Then one by one erupt into loud crying. The guardsmen rushes in, taking guard infront of the children with his weapon already drawn. A single, serious word escapes his lips. " Leave."