Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Dried Oasis.

Set in our own world, Earth, the planet we've lived on and have learned to love, cherish and grow from. However things are different. The world is barren, on fire, flooded or torn apart by mountains. Earth's elements have taken arms against humanity, striking right after the industrial era began. Because of this, humanity was never able to step forward with research. The raging elements have torn apart buildings, towns, event whole kingdoms have fallen. Only a few places hold man kind. The question is, will the elements ever stop their onslaught?

Moderator: Korgen

Forum rules
Rules will be simple and easy. No magic users, and you must be a human. Keeps the game on the edge of reality a little bit. However, in order to get the effect I want, magic IS in the world, just not accessible by humans.

Locked till and if the DM returns.
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Dried Oasis.

Post by Korgen »

Only muddy puddles remain in this old dried up lake. Dead grass and rotten sticks litter the ground. The only form of shade is a lonely dead tree sitting on a hill.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: The Dried Oasis.

Post by Jenara »

Riding up astride a dark brown horse, the woman flicks back her long black hair in the afternoon Sun, her black cloak flows behind her as she surveys the scene with her Brown eyes.

"A lovely place really.." She says out loud in a northern accent.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
lost
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lost »

Misha walks towards one of the muddy puddles leading his mule, Ralph. He lets the mule take a few drinks and then gently but insistently pulls Ralph away before he can make himself sick.

Misha nods to the lady mounted, but remains quiet. He begins checking the ropes holding his pack to the mule, studying the lady over the top of Ralph in a (hopefully) non threatening way, curious as to what kind of women would be about this area alone.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Watching the man cautiously Hazel jumps off Night and kneels at the water. Looking to see if there is anything worth salvaging from the Oasis.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Hrothgar leans around the tree hearing noise and decides to move to the other side of the tree, resuming a seated position at the foot of the tree, taking a rest and waves at the other travelers. "Hail and well met, fellow travelers!"
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The sun is high in the sky as a gentle breeze rolls across the dried oasis. A small bone lies within the water mostly covered in mud.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Flipping her cloak aside so the two men can see she is not to be messed with Hazel shakes her head, thinking for a moment to disturb the bone she changes her mind. That sort of thing got you killed.

"Well met?" She asks, flipping back her black hair.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Hrothgar stands, dusting himself off, revealing a large man with broad shoulders, and heavy arms before striding down the hill who's hair hangs over his eyes somewhat hiding a friendly face framed by a thick black beard. "Aye, it is a fine day for traveling isn't it? Though you two are the first I have seen in a number of days. Its good to see some other faces out here!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Tell that to the traveller I found in a bloody heap this morning." Hazel suggests, the hilt of her blade visible and she bends over, moving with grace she eyes the two men cautiously, she had heard what happened to women alone...

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

"Not everyone is meant to travel alone, I fear. Its a shame they don't realize it before they set out. They leave unprepared and the wilderness takes its toll. I have a feeling you two though are quite capable on your own."
lost
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lost »

Misha finishes adjusting the ties on Ralph, "Sometimes it is better to be alone. Then you don't have to watch your friends and family die before your eyes.." He looks at his feet for a second and shakes his head, "Sorry, thats a bit grim I guess. It IS nice to see people that aren't trying to steal what I have or kill me."

He looks at the girl and guy, "Atleast you haven't tried either right away that is." His hand resting lightly on the hilt of his shortsword.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes." The woman comments, perhaps closed answers would make them go away. "There are Bandits on these roads.." she adds, telling them now would mean she didn't have to save them later.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
lost
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lost »

Misha looks at the lady, "Do you know whereabouts these bandits are? How many there are? I cannot let people die if I could have stopped it.."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"If I knew, I would have stopped them myself." She answers with a hint of Anger. "You are a cocky one." She says shaking her head, "North East."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

"Excellent! It sounds like there are victims to be avenged and bandits to be killed! Ha ha, I told you it was going to be a good day."

Hrothgar sets off for the northeast whistling a jaunty tune, breezily moving past Hazel and Misha.

"Come! Let us take what is rightfully our's. Bandits are cowards and weaklings besides and don't deserve what they have."