Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Silvanesti Reunion

Post by Jenara »

"That is a little... Steep." Jerrard says after a moments thought. "If I were to give you say 500 for the rations and the fodder?" He asks with a wink. "No dress could possibly match her beauty, I will pay the price, if you find something acceptable."

--------

"Are there any dragons still? Nice ones, I heard there was a big Green one, but I'd like to see a nice one." Locky adds herself as she jumps on the Gnome, sharing her seat.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thuskar's and Ulster's Room
"I don't think Malika gives bad advice," Thuskar says, standing up. "I think she's just looking for something very different than you. As far as Ulster goes, well...it's not really my place to tell you about his past. Let's just say the last time he loved someone, it ended very badly. And I think he still blames himself for it."

Common Area of Inn
Aleaha turns to Babushka. "It started during the last war. The dragonarmies made a deal with our people. They claimed they were only interested in conquering human lands, and as long as we stayed out of it, they would leave us alone. Of course, my people had no interest in protecting human lands anyway, so we accepted. Once the human lands were conquered, however, the dragonarmies turned their eyes toward us. Our king, Lorac, realized we could not hope to defeat them and so resorted to desperate measures. He used a Dragon Orb, an item of great power. He had hoped to use his magic to control it, but it was the Dragon Orb that controlled him.

"King Lorac fell into a deep slumber, one of eternal nightmares. And his nightmares became real, powered by the Dragon Orb, turning all of Silvanesti into a nightmare, too. During the war, the princess Alhanna recruited a group of non-elves and with their help, allowed the king to finally find peace. The Orb was lost after that, stolen away by their strange mage.

"After all of this time, we have managed to contain the nightmare to the very center of the forest. As long as you avoid the center, you should not worry about the nightmare. But there are still other evil things in the forest. There are draconians, green dragons, and other monstrous creatures that we have yet to completely drive away."

General Store
"The bigger our group gets, the more it costs to supply us," Ulster notes. "But can I make some suggestions?" he asks Jerrard. "The donkeys are sturdy beasts; they can survive on grass alone if they must, and I'm sure there's plenty of that in a forest. The ponies can probably manage with grazing, too," he points out. "So really, we only need fodder for the riding horses."

He continues, "Plus, I can't speak for anyone else, but I have enough rations for over a week, so I don't need any more. The next town surely isn't more than a week away, right? Anyone who has enough food to last that long probably has enough."

==============

(OOC: According to the DMG, mules, donkeys and ponies can survive on grazing alone, so long as there is grass to be eaten.

Also, it might be worthwhile to look at the party's inventory in the Character Stats thread and figure out how much food they already possess. Remember, a man-sized creature needs 2 meals a day, while a small-sized creature needs 1 meal a day. Horses need 4 meals a day.

Locky has enough food to last 11 days.
Babushka has enough food to last 4 days.
Ulster has enough food to last 10 days.
Jerrard has enough food to last 5 days.
Thuskar has enough food to last 4 days.
Imani has enough food to last 14 days.
Malika has no food.
Jeremy has enough food to last 7 days.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Maybe it is because of my race" Babushka observes, "but I still seem to be unable to understand what this »nightmare« is. Does it mean that anyone who enters that part of the forest will find herself or himself in the worst of their nightmares become real?" What happens to someone who enters that area?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The Great Tasslehoff." Locky says with a smile, "Green dragons? They are bad arent they?" She gives a look at the elf, "I've never had a nightmare, what are they like?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"We still need four weeks worth of food. And food for the two horses." Jerrard suggests, "So around two hundred and twenty steel?" He asks, knowing it was 240... "Thanks Ulster."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani gives a small nod of understanding to Thuskar. "Do you think he will ever stop avoiding me?" she asks curiously.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Common Area of Inn
Aleaha nods to Babushka. "Your nightmare, my nightmare, and the nightmare of anyone who had ever stepped into the cursed area. Even the lingering nightmares of King Lorac. The curse gives life to any and all nightmares, making them real. It also warps everything in the area. The trees are black and twisted, and ooze blood. The animals have become vicious demons with razor sharp claws and teeth." She shakes her head. "But as long as you steer clear of that area, you needn't worry about such things."

To Locky, she adds, "Yes, green dragons are quite bad. I've never encountered one myself, but I've heard the tales."

General Store
"Two-hundred and forty steel," the shopkeep corrects him. "And another hundred for the dress." Malika returns them, wearing a slinky, form-fitting green gown with a pretty generously sized cleavage window. "What do you think?" she asks, posing a bit. "I'd fit right in at a fancy Solamnic ball, don't you think?"

Thuskar's and Ulster's room
"He can't avoid you forever," Thuskar points out. "You're both in the same party. Just give him a little time and space. He'll lower his guard sooner or later."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, thanks for listening to me," Imani says. "It was helpful," she adds. Now that she had some of that off her chest, she was hoping to actually get some rest. She smiles to Thuskar before she turns and walks back to Malika's room to get some much needed rest after the whole underwater adventure.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Will you help us avoid them? I mean they sound interesting, and I'd like to talk to a dragon, well one that isn't under the sea..." Locky replies looking quite thoughtful, "Can you both help?"

"Will it take us long? We have mounts, and I don't mind walking but is it safe to stop and camp?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Ahhh." Jerrard tries to keep his eyes on her face, but they keep Falling lower. "Yes, ummm very nice. I think you would look quite at home in any party."

"340 Steel." Jerrard says as he hands over the coins, he would sort it out later. "Thank you. Do you wish to wear that ummm now?" His eyes fall down despite his best intentions. She had far less skin exposed, yet what was hidden was more enticing.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thuskar's and Ulster's room
Imani departs, heading for Malika's room for some much needed rest. Thuskar closed the door after her, now alone. After a moment's thought, he heads over to a mirror and removes his shirt again. He pokes at one of the green bruises; it was soft and spongy, like fungus. He wondered if that would ever clear up entirely.

Suddenly, he flashes back to the Pod Caverns, strapped to that strange wooden chair. The Sinister Shroom pours various liquids into the funnels, then presses a button, and half a dozen needles stab at Thuskar all at once, injecting him with foreign substances. The flashback ends, and he is back in his room, staring at the mirror, a drop of cold sweat on his brow. He wipes it away with irritation, then puts his shirt back on. He sits back down on his bed and decides maybe he could use some rest, as well.

Common Area of Inn
Aleaha nods. "The way is long and difficult. There are no trails or roads to follow, and the forest is dense. I can help guide you at least as far as the next town, maybe longer if my duties to not call me elsewhere."

She laughs melodically at Locky's last two questions. "It will take very long. The nearest town is probably a week away, assuming you keep a good pace. Reaching the other end of the forest may take nearly two months. You will often have no choice but to camp, and often. But with a true kirath and your two woodsmen, you should make it eventually."

General Store
"I might as well," Malika says. "Since I won't have a chance to wear it when we're traveling. Might as well get some use out of it before we get back to civilized lands. She saunters up to the mage. "Thank you, Jerry-poo," she says, running her finger down his chest.

Ulster just shakes his head.

===============

Jerrard pays 340 steel pieces for an elven evening gown, four weeks of rations, and two weeks of horse fodder. Jerrard is now in heavy encumbrance.

(OOC: Aleaha's estimations are based on the assumption that the party will be moving at a movement rate of 12. If they move slower, it will take longer; faster and it will be shorter.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard blushes crimson, "Uhh, umm." He stammers, "There will be time to wear it in Shrentak as well, I don't see why not." Not moving he lifts his head and smiles. "My pleasure. Come let us join the others."

Not wanting to look like he can't cope the mage carries the fodder and rations back to the inn. He keeps near Malika occasionally watching her move in the dress.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You will come!" Locky Embraces the Elf with a beaming smile, "I know we will be safe." She leans over and kisses Jeremy, "Thank you. I feel better now."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Smiling at Locky's exuberance, Babushka turns to Aleaha again. "What exactly is a kirath?" she asks.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

Jeremy s-s-s-stutters and s-stammers, "U-Um w-w-ell.....thanks! I think. Um, wow?"
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!