Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Silvanesti Reunion

Post by Jenara »

Leaving the horses at the stables (just ignore the last few posts) Locky skips back to the inn, "So we have horses, I wonder how Jerrard got on..?" She asks walking on towards the inn.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"We need trail rations, animal traps, and fodder for horses." Jerrard answers, "Anything else?" He asks Ulster before taking Malika's hand. "And a fine dress for this fine lady, something nice but suitable for travel."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani steps inside Thuskar's room. "I didn't mean to stare," she says. "And I know better than to ask," she adds. "Part of me is conflicted with what happened in the ocean," she finally says. "I feel like I was sort of forced into it, but I didn't put up much of a fight either."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"We don't have any animal traps," the shopkeep says. "But as for fodder and rations, how much do you need? And dresses aren't really suitable for travel, whether they are nice or not," she points out. "But I can probably find something that will fit her."

Back at the inn, Thuskar nods and takes a seat on the bed. "Okay. What happened in the ocean, exactly? All I heard was you killed a dragon."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Enough for two horses and four smaller mounts..." He rubs his chin again. "About a week's worth. And rations for six for a week also." He nods about the dress, "Yes of course, I am unused to buying such things."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, we were taken down to their city at first," Imani says. "I couldn't see any of it because it was terribly dark down there. I can't swim either, so I felt completely useless," she explained. "They took us to a room, and then Locky went to go scout out the Dragon cave while invisible. When she came back, we came up with the idea that it would be best to try to save the children while the dragon wasn't there, so we waited. The sea elves gave us some magical items to help us out, so I was given a ring that would allow me to move underwater just as well as I move on land. The idea was that Locky was going to use some spell, dispell magic I believe it was, on the bars that were holding the children. The thing is, when we got there, it didn't work. We also didn't have another plan on how to save the children. The whole time I was down there, I felt completely powerless and frustrated. The basic plan was just to see what happened, and I didn't think that was a good way to face a dragon of all things," Imani explained with a sigh. "So when the dragon showed up, we didn't have much choice but to fight it. There were other sea elves there to help us, but me and that other elf that joined us briefly were really the only ones attacking it head on. Jerrard and Locky didn't even come near it, and honestly I don't know if they did anything to try to help."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The shopkeep does some quick calculations. "The rations will cost 120 steel pieces, while the fodder will cost 480 steel pieces," she states. "Come along with me, and we'll see if we have a dress that fits you," she says to Malika. "I have one here that might be your size for 100 steel pieces."

Meanwhile, back in Thuskar's room, he nods and listens. "Sounds rough. But...not to be rude or anything, but I have no idea why you're telling me any of this," he admits.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Who else am I going to tell about it?" Imani asks. "I'm not wanting to cause trouble or anything, so I keep quiet around the rest of them."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Uh...alright," Thuskar says. "I don't think I've ever been a confidant before, but I suppose I can do that. Was there anything else?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, Jerrard made me a little uncomfortable," Imani admitted. "He kept on treating me like he does Malika."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thuskar waves dismissively. "I've been working with Jerrard for a few months now, and I can tell you; he's harmless. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's never even kissed a woman before. He kind of reminds me of me, back when I was 11 and had never seen a naked woman before."

He shrugs. "I wouldn't worry about him. He won't do anything to you. He has that weird code of honor, like Ulster; but also, I don't think he'd know what to do anyway. Trust me, you have nothing to fear from him. If he starts to bother you, just honestly tell him. I'd bet he'd jump away from you like you were on fire, and then swear up and down that he never meant anything by it. That's the thing about 'men of honor.' They'll do anything to make sure everyone thinks of them as such, even if it makes them totally miserable all of the time."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"So then, is that why Ulster is avoiding me?" Imani asks curiously.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yes," Thuskar says immediately. Then, after a thought, he says, "No." After another thought, he continues on with, "It's complicated. Ulster has been through a lot...we both have."

Meanwhile, Locky and Babushka are still entering the inn, Jeremy is still talking with Aleaha, and Jerrard is still in the shop with Ulster and Malika.

===========

(OOC: Everyone but Horizon just stopped posting. Should I just move things ahead then?)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It has to do with those green splotches I saw?" Imani asks, but she hesitates in doing so. "You don't have to answer that," she adds. "My intention wasn't to make things more...awkward, but I did. It teaches me to follow the advice of Malika," she says thoughtfully.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: I didn't want to interrupt Imani and Thuskar. It's awkward to have parallel threads running interlaced. Also, there isn't really much to do for the rest of the day.)

After reassuring herself that animals fighting over dominance wouldn't be a problem during their treck, Babushka goes back into the common room of the inn and rejoins Jeremy and Aleaha. "So you two are people who know this forest, aren't you? All I know about it is that it is cursed, what does that mean? Specifically, what unusual dangers does that bring to travellers? What must we avoid doing?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...