Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Silvanesti Reunion

Post by JadedDM »

Malika loops arms with both Jerrard and Ulster. "Look at me, my own personal men-at-arms," she giggles.

"Yeah," Ulster says in a monotone. "Super."

The elven palace where the lord dwells is massive and beautifully carved from some kind of strange, purple and blue crystal. The courtyard is meticulously cared for, despite the fact that surely most of the palace is unused due to the very small population.

Two guards in elven chain mail and carrying spears and shield stop Jerrard from entering the palace proper. "Hold there," says one in Common. "What business do you have here, human?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard smiles and keeps his hands low. "We are visitors to your town, and we have heard of you Governor Oliethian Eowerillion, and his skill at Magic. Would you deny a beautiful Lady?" He motions to Malika.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You did not answer my question," the guard says, ignoring Malika entirely. "What business do you have with the governor? He is very busy, and cannot be bothered by curious tourists."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Tourists?" Jerrard asks with a curious tone, "I am a Wizard of the White Robes and I was hoping to meet with one of my Order. Your Governor is a Wizard of Solinari is he not?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The guards exchange looks. "I don't know where you get your information from, but the governor is no wizard. He dabbles in magic from time to time, but he has never taken the Test and thus is no member of the High Orders of Sorcery."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Then as an apprentice he should aid those who have passed the test." Jerrard says his face serious and controlled. "It will fare him well, could you please tell him that Jerrard Foss of the White Robes wishes to talk with him?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The two elves exchange looks again. It's clear they aren't certain whether to call Jerrard's bluff or not, not knowing how the Orders work. Of course, there's a difference between an apprentice (one in training) and a dabbler (one who isn't interested in pursuing magic beyond the rudimentary), and while all Wizards of High Sorcery call each other 'brother' and 'sister' within the Tower of High Sorcery, outside the tower's walls, all bets are off. (Not that the governor is a Wizard of High Sorcery in the first place!)

But the guards don't seem to know that, so one of them is sent to speak to the governor. After about three minutes, he returns with a haughty impression. "The governor claims to have never heard of you, Jerrard Foss of the White Robes. Unless you have importance business with the governor regarding this town, he has no interest in speaking to you."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani spends some time trying to rest, but rest seems elusive to her. With a sigh, she walks out of Malika's room, and knocks on Thuskar's door.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka follows Locky, and together they head to the stables to buy the two ponies and the riding horse, the bits and bridles, riding saddles and saddle bags.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course he does not." Jerrard says calmly, "I was looking for his aid, one Wizard to another." He waits relaxed, holding Malika close.

------

Locky skips along happy holding Babuskha's hand.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

OOC sorry for the absence, Been busy with the weather.

IC
Jeremy saunters down to the inn and sits at an empty table near the door, addressing the barkeep, "If I may, could I have a glass of juice please?"
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thuskar opens the door, half-dressed. He's removed his robes and put on his pants, although is still shirtless. He's remarkably well-toned with chiseled abs, although what really stands out are a few strange, green splotches on his skin here and there. They almost resemble bruises, but green isntead of red. He has more than a few old scars, as well. "What's up?" he asks. "If you're looking for Ulster, he went with Jerrard."

Babushka and Locky head to the stables and make the purchases.

Malika appears uncertain, looking from Jerrard to the guards with some confusion. One of the guards simply states, "The Governor is too busy with his duties to listen to recruiters from the Orders of Sorcery, and he has no interest in joining."

Finally, the bartender brings Jeremy a glass of fruit juice, and he pays a silver piece for it.

==============

Jerrard pays 173 steel pieces for the riding horse, bit and bridle and riding saddle.
Jerrard, Locky, Imani and Babushka each pay 36.5 steel pieces for the two ponies, two bits and bridles, and two pack saddles.
Jeremy pays 1 silver for a juice.
agamotto
Freeman
Freeman

Post by agamotto »

Jeremy sips the juice, "Thank you."
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Then tell your Commander he has missed out on an opportunity." Shrugging, a little crestfallen as he turns away. "Shopping it is then." Taking Malika by the arm he walks away, it appears that they had hit a few stone walls here, did he really blame them?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Taking the weaker Pony Locky strokes its back softly, "We should ask their names." She says quickly, turning around she runs back to the stables.

"Excuse me, do those mounts have a name?" She asks.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi