Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Hazel (Jenara) Private thread.

Set in our own world, Earth, the planet we've lived on and have learned to love, cherish and grow from. However things are different. The world is barren, on fire, flooded or torn apart by mountains. Earth's elements have taken arms against humanity, striking right after the industrial era began. Because of this, humanity was never able to step forward with research. The raging elements have torn apart buildings, towns, event whole kingdoms have fallen. Only a few places hold man kind. The question is, will the elements ever stop their onslaught?

Moderator: Korgen

Forum rules
Rules will be simple and easy. No magic users, and you must be a human. Keeps the game on the edge of reality a little bit. However, in order to get the effect I want, magic IS in the world, just not accessible by humans.

Locked till and if the DM returns.
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Hazel (Jenara) Private thread.

Post by Korgen »

Three barely audioable knocks hit the door. The sound of song and dance travelled under the door. It seems the party has started.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Tip toeing to the door in her bare feet Hazel opens it wide, her black hair flowing around her shoulders. "Yes." She says quietly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

A pale woman stands in the door way nodding slightly to Hazel, she lowered her shaking hand. She began to speak but no sound escapes her lips. She makes another attempt, a faint whisper comes from the frail creature. " Is everything to your preference?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Everything is fine." Hazel answers quietly in return, they obviously couldn't feed themselves well enough, survival was paramount, the weak did not last very long.

"Your husband did not tell me the charge, he was busy." She waits for the quiet reply.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The obviously weak woman nodding quickly. SPeaking again in a quiet tone. " A single gold per night. Did you want me to bring breakfast to you in the morning?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"That would be acceptable." She answers with a nod, "But for now I would like to be alone." Moving her hand to the door handle she waits for the woman to leave.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The woman nods slowly and quickly left. Heading back downstairs.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Closing the door behind her, Hazel checks it can be locked, then wraps herself up in her blanket, closes her eyes and keeps her hand on the dagger under the pillow.

(OOC: And now its 3am, I have to do the same!)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

As Hazel sleeps, the sandstorm dies down greatly over night. Not much damage is done to the town, this time. People finally leave the tavern and head home for the night. Then all is quiet.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Just like every night since she can remember, Hazel's sleep is disturbed, visions of evil faces leering over her, her mother's body lying prostrate on the ground... Clutching the hilt of the dagger tightly she fights off the nightmare once again.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The morning sun breaks through the window, crawling across the bed slowly, until finally Hazel's body was smothered in morning sunlight.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Rising from the bed Hazel rubs her face, and looks to the window watching the people walking by. "Another day, perhaps today is time to discuss these Bandits." She says to herself moving back to the bed taking her blade from its scabbard she sits with the blade in her lap.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

Three rather solid knocks hit the door, and a new male voice travels into the room. " Here's your food. i'll leave it infront of your door on the table. Put the plate back where you got it from once you're done. "

Footsteps can be heard heading down the stairs.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Hazel drops the sword on the bed and slides a dagger in her waist band, before opening the door a touch. She scans the area from the safety of the door before opening it wide enough to get the plate and bring it inside.

Ignoring the cutlery if any is present, shes eats heartily, reminding herself this might be the last time she eats a home cooked meal for a while.

(Spot: 1d20=13+1 = 14)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

No one of note is present on the top floor. however you can barely see some armed guards by the entrance to the tavern. Then seem to be passive and are only talking to nearby customers.