Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Hazel (Jenara) Private thread.

Set in our own world, Earth, the planet we've lived on and have learned to love, cherish and grow from. However things are different. The world is barren, on fire, flooded or torn apart by mountains. Earth's elements have taken arms against humanity, striking right after the industrial era began. Because of this, humanity was never able to step forward with research. The raging elements have torn apart buildings, towns, event whole kingdoms have fallen. Only a few places hold man kind. The question is, will the elements ever stop their onslaught?

Moderator: Korgen

Forum rules
Rules will be simple and easy. No magic users, and you must be a human. Keeps the game on the edge of reality a little bit. However, in order to get the effect I want, magic IS in the world, just not accessible by humans.

Locked till and if the DM returns.
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Hazel (Jenara) Private thread.

Post by Korgen »

A loud horn echos from the top of a nearby tower as the wind begins to pick up. The tables and chairs that served a peaceful crowd just a moment ago, fall into the paniced crowd. People run into houses, shops, towers and anywhere else that could possibly hide them from the wind. From a nearby tavern, a women calls out for any that need shelter. Her voice barely heard over the howling winds. Two familes in sperate homes also offer shelter nearby.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: Hazel (Jenara) Private thread.

Post by Jenara »

Pulling her hood around her head as the wind whistles past her ears, Hazel watches the people scatter, she'd seen worse, still she felt the chill on her bones.

Slipping gracefully off Night she leads the Brown Mare by the reins towards the Tavern, sighing she made sure her weapons were hidden. Taverns mean't people, still, perhaps, just perhaps someone knew someone where Hayei and Janeli were...
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The tavern had a wooden interior design, complete with a 2 enclosed fireplaces on either side of the room. The bar stood on the left corner of the room with a door clearly leading to the kitchen. A staircase led up to the second floor balcony, Clearly designed so patrons upstairs could keep an eye on the events down below. Barely visible doors were also evident on the second floor. Two female barmaids run from table to table making sure everyone was all right. The bar was busy, but not packed.

The bar was loud, some people spoke of "The Great Sandstorm of '87". Others spoke of family and friends. Some spoke about legends of long dead heroes trying to calm the crowd. One couple in the corner seemed worried about a store on the other end of town. Several spots were still open, from the bar to a table. The barmaids were far too distracted to preform any seating duties.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: I find writing in the present tense works best, you are there, at that time, you know?)

Ensuring Night was safe, she removes the saddle bag, and her bedroll and steps inside the Tavern.

Lowering her hood, she lets her hair flows softly around her shoulders and glances around nervously and selects a corner table somewhere out of the way, waiting for a server to come over to her she draws a dagger and places it on the table.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

Within a few minutes a barmaid comes running up the the table, completely out of breath. She regains herself before speaking. Eyeing the dagger while she spoke.

"Hi, i'm Tagli. What can I get you?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Water, a glass of water." She asks softly, "And some bread." She adds, watching the barmaids eyes.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The barmaid nods and runs off to another table, leaning over and whispering to a group of armored males. They all look towards Hazel with very judgemental eyes. The atmosphere in the air changes, getting much more serious. The warriors finally remove their gaze, only taking periodic looks towards Hazel every few minutes. The other patrons are beginning to notice the attention aswell. The barmaid is now in the kitchen.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Hazels eyes follow the barmaid as she walks away, she attempts to read her lips but fails. 1d20=2+1 = 3)

Pulling her cloak even tighter she tries to hide her body from the men, why were they looking at her? She was just a traveler.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The barmaid returns from the kitchen, heading towards Hazel. One of the men stood up, smiling as he did. A few words escape his lips as he grabs the cup of water and began to head over to Hazel. Placing the cup beside the dagger he takes a seat. The rest of his party are watching closely. He offers a quick and fake smile.

" We don't see much new folk around here. Care to explain why you're in town?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I am a traveler passing through. I assume this settlement still accepts travelers?" She asks shooting back a fake smile of her own and sips the water.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The warrior glares at Hazel for a short moment before leaning back in his chair. Sighing as he did so. He glanced around the tavern, almost every set of eyes were on the two of them. He turned back, speaking low so no one else could hear a word.

"We are a very paranoid town. More so when you put a dagger in plain view. It can be seen as a threat. Watch yourself around here."

"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It seems like every town is paranoid these days." She replies plainly, her voice also a whisper, "I do not want any trouble, and do not intend to make any." She adds.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

The guard nods faintly to the woman. " My name is Gelpas Galdi, I'm the captain of the miltary. Who might you be?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Hazel." She says simply, "Does the Captain of the Military greet every new visitor?" She bites her tongue and glances over towards the Kitchen and her bread, she hadn't eaten since this morning, food was scarce.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Korgen
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Korgen »

Gelpas follows Hazel's gaze until he notices the barmaid waiting with bread in hand. Realizing that she had been waiting, he motions her over and returns to Hazel. The bread looks somewhat fresh, proper bread. the soldier nods to Tagli as she takes her leave.

" Generally I don't have visitors to greet. But it is my duty, the people feel better when I check on people. Nothing personnal. I'm sure you're not a bandit anyway"