Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 4: Heart of Darkness

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 4: Heart of Darkness

Post by HorizonsDream »

"These people are attacking us," Jocelyn points out. "We are defending ourselves. I have a feeling that if it was just Ouragana and me, we probably wouldn't have too much of a problem because we are human," she explains. "These people have a deep hatred of the rest of you."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Interesting theory, would you like to test it?" Arei asks with a wicked smile, shaking her head she adds "I would not risk people like that."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I spent much of my childhood hiding within the shadows," Jocelyn says. "I can easily do it again."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val listens to the conversation quite a while before adding a bit. "It is bad that they only understand cold steel." As she walks to Maua she adds, "We here for a while, and going to defend ourselves."

Turning to Maua she tries a bit of translation. Pointing to herself she says 'Val" then at Maua saying "Maua"

Holding up her battle axe she says "Axe" following it with a flip of her right hand to Maua, waiting a response.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Maua looks at the weapon blankly.

"Hmm, these people seem pretty primitive. All of their weapons so far have been made of stone. I don't think they have axes here," Dalaim says. "Likely, they have no word for axe."

Meanwhile, Areilon searches the tribals. On the male, she finds a quarterstaff, a sling, and six sling stones. She also finds another waterskin containing a potion.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yout theory is interesting, Jocelyn. Alas, I see no way of testing it, because you and I would not be able to defend ourselves alone.
And, with all due respect"
she gives a slight bow to Dalaim, "I wouldn't call this culture primitive. True enough, they do not use metals, and they might not be able to make stone structures. But they have access to magic, and a complex language.

Maua does not cooperate well with us, she keeps using full and long sentences. Why should she cooperate, though? She can be quite sure that she will be freed by her people sooner or later. To thrive on this island, they must be several hundred. The few of us cannot hold against them for very long, even with the help of zombies.

We came here to study the ruins. We cannot do that while being constantly assaulted by the inhabitants. We should retreat, taking Maua with us. On her own in our lands, she is more likely to cooperate in helping us learn her language, or learn ours, from simple loneliness."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Grabbing the potion she raises it up, "Would someone like to work out what this is? I guess it's healing, but I would rather be sure." Pocketing the sling and the stones she rests the staff against the wall.

"What else do you want to know of these people?" She asks the Kohen, nervously watching the entrance.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You also cut into her arm," Oren points out. "Might be another reason she won't cooperate now."

The kohen snorts. "We already knew the savages were violent, that's why I hired you lot in the first place. You can't possibly be advocating leaving now, we just finally got here." He looks to Areilon. "I made rubbings of the script on the walls, but we haven't found any artifacts yet. We still haven't investigated this 'heart' the script spoke of. Further, we only can account for 11 of the 12 missing sailors. The twelfth one's fate is still unknown. I dare say we have barely scratched the surface here."

After collecting his third dagger, Grey approaches Areilon and agrees to look at the potion. He sniffs at it, even tastes a little drop and smacks his mouth a bit. "No idea. Maybe Ouragana would know."

==============

Grey makes a spellcraft check (1d20): 19, fail. He can't identify the potion.

Areilon picks up an unknown potion, a sling, and 6 sling stones.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana takes the potion from Grey and tests it the same way he had done.
1d20=15

"I'm sorry. I almost feel like I know what it is, but I can't quite put my finger on it." She hands the potion back to Areilon.

The failure to identify the potion only makes her unease grow, she paces the room nervously.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well then, we have to go deeper." She pauses, hands at her sides. "What can we do to make ourselves more... Scary I suppose?" Thinking she looks at Maua, and then her wound. "We should heal her, she will not help us, we need to at least get her comfortable with us again."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Untie her hands, she could probably heal herself," Oren comments. "Then again, she could probably also blast us with divine power instead. Not sure it's a smart risk."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, if we are here to search for artifacts and such, shouldn't we actually be searching for this stuff?" Jocelyn asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Indeed," Dalaim agrees. "I haven't finished my prayers for today just yet, though. I trust you all can keep watch for an hour or so?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"I will guard the doorway, take as much time as you need." Val sets up looking ot the door with her bow at the ready.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'll guard with you." Pausing she opens her pack, finding a clean piece of cloth she uses it to tie round Maua's arm if she lets her, then goes to stand with Val.

"You think he would know these people dislike non humans." She comments looking back to the Kohen.

Borderlands 3 - Navi