Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 4: Heart of Darkness

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 4: Heart of Darkness

Post by JadedDM »

The party wakes up, save Oren and Grey who took the last watch together and are thus already awake. Rays of sunlight stream through any cracks or windows in the temple, illuminating the area. It's about room temperature for now, but when the sun reaches its apex, it's sure to get hotter. Val, however, wakes up pretty thirsty as she had drained the rest of her waterskin the night before. Everyone else got enough water, even Grey, as Areilon shared with him.

Maua, still tied up, does her best to sit up straight and closes her eyes, relaxing. Dalaim's two zombies remained close to the entrance, in case of an attack--but also because they are starting to stink a bit and the smell was making it difficult for those off-watch to rest. Dalaim himself wakes up and immediately starts to pray, clasping his hands together so that his arms form a rough circle.

===========

It is now Agate 21, Flameday at 6:00 AM. The weather is clear and the temperature is 70 F (21 C) but it will get considerably hotter as the sun rises.

The party may now pray/meditate/study to fill empty spell slots.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Re: CH 4: Heart of Darkness

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn wakes up, and much like the Kohen, she begins to pray before she does anything else.

OOC: Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Light, Detect Evil
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei wakes, checks her weapons and takes a light breakfast, staying as far away from them zombies as possible.

"Are we going deeper?" She asks the Kohen.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When Ouragana wakes up, she sees the two clerics in prayer. Because she wants to discuss with Dalaim what they might encounter to choose her spell, she eats a light breakfast with Areilon and packs her things. When the two clerics are done with their prayers, she asks the group: "Will we go on exploring the temple today? Do you have any idea what we are to expect?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Dalaim ignores Areilon's question, as he is busy trying to pray. Once she realizes she's not getting an answer from the old dwarf any time soon, she sits down with Ouragana for breakfast. Oren joins them, although Grey remains on watch.

They have plenty of time to eat and drink, as it's at least half an hour before Jocelyn finishes her prayers. Dalaim, however, is interrupted not only by Ouragana's question, but also when Grey hurries into the room from the entrance. "We've got company," he says. "A pair of 'em, heading this way, right now."

==========

It is now 6:30 AM. The temperature is 79 F (26 C).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then we had better do something about it." She answers Grey, moving towards the entrance sword drawn. "Oren, we need your bow, let's stop them fast."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana runs over to where Maua sits. She draws her dagger. "Shhhhsh" she tells the druid, dagger pointing to her throat.

"Do we use our hostage to stop them from attacking us?" she asks the others, her eyes not looking away from Maua.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"How? We can't understand what she says, and she doesn't understand us," Jocelyn says to Ouragana.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Surely just having her is enough. We show we have her, if they realise that great, if not we shoot them. Get her quick." Arei orders, "Let's not waste time arguing, let's do it."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana pulls Maua up and advances towards the entrance, keeping Maua like a shield before her, taking care she is flanked by the archers.

A thought shoots through her brain: "Tomorrow, I will study my spell before breakfast".
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Oren moves behind one of the pillars in the back and readies his crossbow, placing a bolt in and locking it into place. Ouragana meanwhile, gets Maua to her feet and holds a dagger to her throat, using her as a human shield.

Grey slips near one of the columns near the entrance, trying to stick to the shadows. Areilon, however, moves toward the entrance.

After a few moments, the two tribals step inside and both stop short, surprised by what they see. One male, one female, both are wearing animal skins and have face and body paint on. Both are also carrying quarterstaves and wearing some kind of necklaces made of bone.

There's a long, awkward silence as the two groups stare each other down. The tribals note the tied up Maua and the non-humans in the group, but for the moment, seem unsure how to respond.
Attachments
Key:<br />J - Jocelyn<br />O - Ouragana<br />A - Areilon<br />V - Val<br />g - Grey/Dahn<br />o - Oren<br />D - Dalaim<br />M - Maua<br />1 - Male Tribal<br />2 - Female Tribal<br />Each square is five feet in size.  The grey circles are columns, the grey rectangle is the altar.
Key:
J - Jocelyn
O - Ouragana
A - Areilon
V - Val
g - Grey/Dahn
o - Oren
D - Dalaim
M - Maua
1 - Male Tribal
2 - Female Tribal
Each square is five feet in size. The grey circles are columns, the grey rectangle is the altar.
Temple of Kulak 01.jpg (61.71 KiB) Viewed 13654 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"No Kill." Arei says in simple common, lowering her blade, but not sheaving it, stepping back a few paces, she is prepared to fight if she needs to.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"We should let them flee and tell the tribe. Maybe someone will come who speaks some Common" Ouragana suggests. She keeps up the latent threat to Maua's life, but makes no aggressive move.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I don't think anyone on this island speaks Common," Jocelyn says. "And I'm not sure holding this woman hostage is going to work too well for much longer either because of what they worship."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The two tribals seem uncertain how to respond to the trespassers in their temple. Finally, one of them gestures to the party and says, "Kujisalimisha."

"I think...I think he just asked us to surrender," Dalaim says.