Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: Two Heads are Better

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 2: Two Heads are Better

Post by JadedDM »

Hollidan nods and smiles. "Good. We leave in ten minutes. Do whatever you need to do before then."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo nods and runs off to study really quick before meeting up with the rest of the group.

OOC: New spell is Wall of Fog.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After Echo gathers her gear, studies her spell and preps her horse, she meets up with the others. Hollidan, Gimog and Nuvain are all mounted, as well. "Alright. May the gods go with us," Hollidan says. With that, he rides off, following the footprints of the two-headed giants. Gimog and Nuvain follow.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"How far away do you think it is?" Echo asks as she rides along side the rest of the group.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Hopefully not far. Time is against us," Hollidan says.

Nevertheless, after half an hour of riding, they come across a large cave. The footprints lead right toward it. The area is littered with bones and stained with blood. Skulls, ribcages, femurs and spines are scattered haphazardly about.

"Looks like we found what we're looking for," Hollidan says, dismounting.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"How far in do you think they are?" Echo asks as she looks over the area.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No idea," Hollidan says. "Alright, I suppose Nuvain should take point as scout. Gimog can watch our backs. It's too dangerous to bring in light, but I can't see in the dark. So you'll have to guide me, Echo," he says.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Right," Echo says. She wasn't much liking this right now, but they had to know what they were up against for any plan to be formed.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nuvain crouches down and stealthily moves into the cave. Gimog waits for the humans, hefting his hammer. Hollidan offers his hand to Echo, so she can guide him in next. "Thanks for doing this, by the way," he says. "Not sure if Renos would approve, but the rest of us sure do, and I'm sure the people we're rescuing will, too."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo takes Hollidan's hand, and begins leading him into the cave. She makes sure to stay back so that Nuvain can scout ahead a little. "While I might follow Renos, he doesn't really dictate everything I do," she says. Religion, while she knew a great deal about it, wasn't as important to her as it was to others. "I came along because I actually like all of you, and I know that you need the help," she admits. She didn't want to see Hollidan, Nuvain, and Gimog get hurt.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hollidan smiles in the darkness. "We all like you, too, for what it's worth," he says, and gives her hand a little squeeze.

Nuvain returns at that moment. "The path moves forward a bit, then branches to the right," he says. "It then splits into two paths--one continues forward and branches again to the right a bit later. The other one goes to the left and opens into a large cavern."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo glances over her shoulder to Hollidan, as if surprised that people actually like her. Sure, she was pretty much getting along with people so far, but that didn't always mean that people liked her. Plus, the hand squeeze took her by surprise as well. ~Don't think about it now,~ she thought to herself as she turned her attention to Nuvain. "Did you see anything in the large cavern?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nuvain shakes his head. "I thought I might have seen movement, but I'm not sure. I can go in for another look, though."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It is possible those things are in the larger cavern, and they are holding the pilgrims somewhere else," Echo says. "So go check it out, but be careful. We have the element of surprise right now, so we don't want to lose that."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I agree," Hollidan says. "Try not to be seen, though."

Nuvain nods, a gesture lost on Hollidan, and turns back, sneaking forward again.

"Think you've got the hang of that wand the Pharise gave you?" Hollidan asks Echo while they wait.