Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: Two Heads are Better

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 2: Two Heads are Better

Post by JadedDM »

"Ummmm...me not understand most of what bird say," Keet admits. "Bird use very big words; hard to follow. Plus, he talk and talk, not shut up. Me can't get word in edgewise."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, can you give me an idea of what he was talking about?" Echo asks. "Was it something about the temple we are going to?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ummmm, talking bird say something about fate and destiny, me thinks. Me wasn't paying much attention at time. Also something about magic and shield. Oh! And also he come back later to talk to you more," the kobold says.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'll make sure to ask him the next time he comes by," Echo says as she puts her nose back to her spellbook.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

By the time Echo has finished studying her spell, the pilgrims have already begun packing up the campsite, preparing to continue forward to the mountains.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo packs up her stuff quickly. "All right, everyone is getting ready to leave, so they will probably be too busy to notice you. Either way, try to get keep out of sight all right?" she says to Keet as she steps out of the tent to look for Hollidan.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Okay, me be good," Keet says. He pulls up the hood of his ragged cloak, but this does little to hide his appearance, not to mention his tail which pokes out from under the cloak.

Echo spots Hollidan easily enough, as she did sleep in his tent. Consequently, he is heading her way to pack it up.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"And here I was coming to find you," Echo says. "Do you have a minute to come with me to speak to the Pharise?" she asked. "It shouldn't take long."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hollidan sighs. "Right, the kobold. I almost thought that was just a bad dream last night. Alright, guess we better go see him now."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo turns and walks to where the Pharise's is with Hollidan and Keet in tow. "Pharise, may I have a moment of your time?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The Pharise is speaking with his clerics, and turns toward Echo in irritation at being interrupted. "We are preparing to move out. Can this not wait?" He stops when he sees Keet, who quickly darts behind Echo. "Is that a kobold? What is the meaning of this?" the aasimar demands.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I caught him trying to steal from me," Echo explains. "Apparently, I scared him enough that he returned my stuff. I was just going to let him go, but he ended up staying because of your paladins. After having a nice long chat with Keet here, I learned that he could be useful to us in that temple. He is a thief, which means he can detect things paladins and mages cannot," she explains. "If the temple is as dangerous as we think, then we need all the help we can get, no matter what form that help might take."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm not sure that is a good idea," the Pharise says, looking down at the kobold. "But I do not detect any malice from him...at the moment. If you want to bring him along, he will be your responsibility."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Of course. I expected as much," Echo says. "Thank you. I'll get out of your way so that we can leave."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hollidan shakes his head, looking relieved he didn't have to do anything. "Huh...didn't expect him to give in so easily. I think he's starting to like you."