Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat II

Post by Breila »

Baushka will follow the others and look for opportunities, but her focus is on not getting discovered. After all, she knows they have Malika and Dekker, too, so it would need to be a VERY good opprtunity to free her friends because it means to worsen the odds for getting back Dekker..
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Are they taking Lockys armor off?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

No, they'll leave the armor and clothes, but will confiscate anything else.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Good, was a little worried about that! as you've noted she hasn't put anything underneath.

We''ll try to post later, with parents right now.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky will generally ramble and chat, it's another adventure. Can she hide the symbol in her armor?

Jerrard is stunned, he can't hear let alone act

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Her hands are tied, so I'm not sure how she could.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Good point! I doubt they could touch it anyway!

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nice plot twist, I hope?

So, I had originally said that Tree Lords IV would be the last chapter of this module, but when the party was captured, I realized there was no way to pull that off, finish the chapter, and have a meaningful epilogue without the thread running long. So I've decided to end things a bit early, and finish up the module in Tree Lords V.

I'll put up XP, updates and my notes for this chapter, and then the new chapter itself later; hopefully before the weekend ends.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

First, allow me to apologize for this taking so long. My depression always amplifies during the holiday season, making it difficult for me to get anything done. Plus, work is kicking my ass, so even when I have the will, I often wouldn't have the energy.

Anyway, here are my notes on the session.

This is the only chapter of Tree Lords in which the party did not have, at any time, a kirath to help them out.

I liked the scene in Alinost, where the party chatted with each other and then got drunk together. There was some character development in there. It was nice to see that nearly everyone in the party had some thing to worry about after the last chapter, even if it was just a loss of a beard. :p

The wyndlass encounter was planned, from the module. If I had realized there was a planned done, I might not have used another as a random encounter before. But it worked out well. Babushka got a bit of revenge here, even though it was a totally different wyndlass than the one that attacked her.

The main point of the encounter was the treasure--it significantly boosted the party's power level, because frankly, they are going to need it against the final boss of this module.

The bozak encounter was also planned. The only way to realize it was an ambush was for someone to check for tracks first, which Babushka did.

I thought it was interesting that Babushka was the only one who didn't want to fight the bozaks. She had been brought back to life for the sole purpose of helping Habbakuk protect the forest. But when she saw draconians praying to Takhisis, performing some kind of ritual, she advocated leaving them alone. Of course, it turned out there was no ritual, it was only a ruse; but she hadn't known that at the time.

Had the party listened to her, though, and just walked away, I would have ended the chapter and the module there. We would have elapsed time, the party would have made it out of the forest--but of course, they never would have heard from Malika or the animals ever again.

That had been my plan all along, actually, once Malika and the animals vanished. I decided they had been taken by draconians. Of course, had the party not fought the bozaks (or if they had fought them, but neglected to take any prisoner), they wouldn't have ever learned this. I hadn't anticipated on the party losing to them, and neither had the module. So I'll have to rearrange a few things for this to work.

Fikod leveled up as a thief. When NoTrammeling returns, he'll need to distribute his thief skill points and roll a 1d6 for HP.

Anyway, I'll get the next chapter up tomorrow, hopefully. Any feedback, questions, etc., just let me know.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

I'm still at times hampered by my lack of knowledge of the Dragonlance world, I don't really know what the draconians have done, and what damage they did to the forest, and i do not recognise Thakisis. So it seemed good for me to let Babushka argue in favor of a "live and let live", as long as there is room in the forest for everybody and no one tries to impose their way upon others.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Right now I can't see how we are to fight the "boss"...

The chapter was interesting, I liked the interaction, just a shame it ended how it did.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Well, we could have a discussion on what went wrong, and how it could have gone better, for future reference.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Once again, we screwed up, why discuss it?

I'm a little, well stuck. Jerrard is deaf for the foreseeable correct? A cleric or a dispel magic would fix it?

I had an idea of using a Cantrip to create a cloud that visualizes others words?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard wrote:Once again, we screwed up, why discuss it?
To learn, grow, and possibly to avoid it happening again in the future? :|
Jerrard wrote:I'm a little, well stuck. Jerrard is deaf for the foreseeable correct? A cleric or a dispel magic would fix it?
That's right, both Jerrard's deafness and Thuskar's blindness are permanent. Both could be cured by either a Dispel Magic or a Cure Blindness and Deafness spell. Luckily, Locky still has her medallion of faith and neither spell requires material components. So it's an easy enough fix, if she can remember to memorize one or the other the following day.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Will have to be dispel magic. She will heal the party first and then pray for the spell.

Plus detect evil... needed.. lol

Borderlands 3 - Navi