Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: This Place Sucks

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: This Place Sucks

Post by JadedDM »

"Do what?" Cadegund asks, pulling the bloody sack off her horse's saddle.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Technically, you just lied to him," Echo says softly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No, I didn't. Paladins don't lie. I said I went hunting, which I did. I said I caught a couple of wolves, which was true. I said I was going to skin them and cook then, which I will. I said they weren't rabid, which they weren't," she explains. "I just left out some of the other details, that's all."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"So you omitted a few truths," Echo says with a smirk. "Very well. Thank you, again," she says politely. "I need some rest."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Cadegund doesn't respond, just heads to one of the campfires with the dead wolves in hand.

It's not raining tonight, but it is cold. The tears in her clothes let the cold air in. She can try and find someone's tent to share again, or just make do with her blanket near one of the campfires.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo seeks out Hollidan. She knows the question she wants to ask him is a long shot at best, but she figures it doesn't hurt to try.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hollidan is setting up a tent and tending to his horse. He hears Echo approaching and turns toward her, but his eyes widen in surprise at the sight of her torn clothing. "What happened to you?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Some wolves thought I would make a nice meal," Echo says with a shrug. "They have been taken care of though, as have I," she adds, knowing that he would probably get all worried otherwise. "Though, in light of dealing with that situation, I need a quiet place to study and sleep for the night. I was hoping you would make room for me in your tent," she said. She was trying not to show how tired she was, but she was exhausted from casting her spell. Being hurt earlier didn't help her exhaustion much either.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Wolves? Kind of ironic for a follower of Renos to be attacked by wolves, isn't it?" he asks flippantly. Shrugging, he says, "Yeah, go ahead. I've got watch duty anyway, so no sense letting it go to waste." He pauses and gives her a long, hard look. "You sure you're alright?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm fine, just a little tired is all," Echo says.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hollidan's tent is about the same as Nuvain's. There's no tarp present, though, as it's not raining, but it's thick enough to keep out the cold wind, at least. Inside is a couple of thick blankets and a bedroll.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo makes herself at home within Hollidan's tent. Once she is more settled, and warm under some blankets, she takes out her spellbook and starts studying the spell Burning Hands for tomorrow. Sleep is pretty much all that is on her mind after she is finished studying.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Echo doesn't get very far in her studies before the warmth of her blankets and the exhaustion of the wolf encounter proves too much for her, and she starts to doze off, even though it's still pretty early.

Echo is awoken by a soft and cooing hoooo sound. Opening her eyes, she spots a small owl has somehow let itself into the tent and is watching her. Hooooo, it repeats. It's a squat, little thing with feathers of chestnut brown and white, and a flat face. Echo recognizes its breed from books; it's a tawny owl. They're native to the forests in this area, although she has never seen one in person before.

=========

It is now 7:30 PM.
Attachments
Tawny Owl.jpg
Tawny Owl.jpg (69.66 KiB) Viewed 8541 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo looks up at the owl in confusion at first. "What are you doing here?" she asks it, even though she is pretty sure that the owl can't talk.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Kewick!" the owl responds. "I could ask the same thing of you."