Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: This Place Sucks

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: This Place Sucks

Post by JadedDM »

Orelel giggles, but the laughter dies immediately when she realizes Echo is being serious. "Really? You're working for priests of Gonto? You?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What is that suppose to mean?" Echo asks as she crosses her arms over her chest. "It isn't as if I'm going to have to recite the teachings of Gonto everyday, thankfully. Besides, more knowledge isn't a bad thing. Even I can get behind that."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Orelel shrugs. "Well, if that makes you happy. At least scribe working shouldn't be too dangerous. They'll keep you off the front lines then. Hmm, it will be awfully lonely here with you gone for a whole month. I hope you know what you're doing."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"The people here like you better than me," Echo points out. "You won't be alone for too long, if I know you," she says. "Until then, do you need any help with anything today?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Orelel shakes her head. "No, I was just going to wait around here for any possible customers."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Then, I'm going to go check on Renegade, and then start preparing for my trip." Echo turns and walks back out to head to the stables where here horse is being held.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Echo makes her preparations and then whittles away the rest of the day in anticipation. Finally, she could leave this dump. Even if it she had to join a bunch of crazy monks to do it.

The next day begins exactly like the previous one, although this day things will be different. Very different.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo woke up to the familiar pain in her neck and back, but she ignored it as she got of bed. She quickly made herself decent looking, then grabbed her backpack, and nearly ran downstairs to meet up with her mother. "Okay, so wish me luck I guess," she says to the woman.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Echo finds her mother waiting for her downstairs. "Oh, I guess this is it, isn't it?" she asks, standing up. She bites her lip and starts to get teary-eyed.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, don't do that," Echo says. She walks up to the elven woman and gives her a hug. "I'll be all right. You'll be all right too."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Orelel pulls Echo close and hugs her tightly. "I know...I know. And I knew this day would come sooner or later. I guess I was just never fully prepared. But every bird must leave the nest sooner or later. After all, I did, and it turned out to be the best decision I ever made." She wipes away a tear and smiles.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo feels a few tears of her own coming to her eyes, but she quickly wipes them away. Even around her mother, she has to be strong. "I'll come back," she says. "I might not stay long, but I will come back. I just...you know how much I hate it here."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh, if only I had better mastered Divination, I would scry on you everyday to make sure you're safe," Orelel laments. "Just promise me you'll be careful." She gives Echo one more hug before letting her go.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I will," Echo says. "Bye," she adds as she turns away from her mother and walks out the door. Taking a deep breath, she heads to the temple where she was suppose to meet up with everyone.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

When Echo arrives at the temple, she finds at least two score of people gathered in front of it, all preparing for the journey. There are equal number men and women, and even a handful of children among them. Most are human, although there are a few other races mixed in there. They are all on foot save the paladins and clerics, who have their own horses. There are also a couple of pack horses for supplies, but most of the pilgrims are carrying their own stuff in packs.