Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: This Place Sucks

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: This Place Sucks

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo glances at the wound on her leg then down at the wolves that were trying to get at her. She closes her eyes for a moment to calm herself before she begins chanting the words of the only spell she has memorized. The words and the movements of her hands come automatically as she falls into the trance. She sprinkles sand down from her spot in the tree over the wolves as she chants in hopes that she can put them to sleep.

Init Roll, Sleep Roll [10, 4)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The sand falls down over the wolves, glimmering despite there being no real light around. The wolves appear to get drowsy, but only one falls asleep. The remaining five shake it off and continue barking and attempting futilely to climb the tree.

===========

Round 2!

Echo casts Sleep on the wolves. Wolf 6 falls asleep.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Wonderful," Echo says in annoyance as her spell works on only one wolf. She has two options left to her, so she uses a cantrip to cause what sounds like a very loud explosion not too far from the wolves in hopes of scaring them off.

Initi Roll
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Concentrating, Echo makes a small popping noise by one of the wolves to frighten it. Sure enough, it yelps and runs about twenty feet away, but no further than that. The other awake wolves, however, remain where they are.

It's then Echo hears something else approaching--the heavy hoofbeats of a horse riding at full speed. Cadegund rides in hard and fast, then skids to a halt about thirty feet from the tree. She then points her musket, fires, and kills one of the smaller wolves with a loud bang.

Frightened, the remaining wolves flee (save the sleeping one, which peacefully sleeps through the whole thing). Blowing smoke from her musket, Cadegund dismounts.

=============

Echo uses a cantrip to scare a wolf. Wolf 05 makes a saving throw vs. spell (1d20): 13, fail. Wolf 05 yelps and runs twenty feet away.
Cadegund charges in on her war-steed and fires her musket at Wolf 01 (1d20): 16, hit for (1d10): 5 damage. Wolf 05 dies.
The remaining wolves flee.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo looks down at the female paladin, wondering what exactly she is doing here. ~She probably heard the noise,~ Echo thinks to herself as she very carefully starts to climb down from the tree now that the wolves are gone.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Three questions for you," Cadegund says. "One, are you hurt? Two...were they foaming at the mouth? And three, aren't mages supposed to be smart? What were you thinking, wandering off on your own? You're lucky I saw you and decided to follow," she says, putting her musket away.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"That is four questions," Echo says. "Yes, I'm hurt." Though, she didn't seem like she was going to ask Cadegund for help in the matter. "My intention wasn't to roam off too terribly far," she admits. "So that is my fault. I was too absorbed in what I was doing, so thank you for scaring off the those wolves." That was about all the woman was getting from her as she turned and started to limp her way back to camp.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Echo attempts to limp past the paladin, but Cadegund puts a hand on her shoulder and holds her into place. "Hold still," she commands. She's considerably stronger than Echo, so the mage has little choice. A golden glow encompasses Cadegund's hand, then spreads through Echo and congeals over the wound. It heals completely. The only evidence that she was ever hurt in the first place are the tears in her clothing.

"You didn't say if they were foaming or not," she says, letting her go. She walks up to the sleeping wolf, pulls out a knife, and ends it life right there and then. "If they were, they're no good. But if they weren't, well, a little meat can go a long ways. And their pelts will help keep the little ones warm. It's only going to get colder on top of the mountain."

==========

Cadegund uses Lay on Hands on Echo, restoring 4 HP. Echo is fully healed.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"They weren't foaming at the mouth," Echo says as she thinks back on the encounter. Absently, she reaches down to where here leg was hurt while Cadegund deals with the dead wolf. "Hmm," she says to herself as she feels the healed skin.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Wordlessly, Cadegund throws the two dead wolves into a large sack and lobs it onto her saddle. "Let's go," she says simply, taking the horse by the reins and heading back to camp.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo shrugs and follows the Paladin back to the camp.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

When they return to the camp, the Pharise seeks them out at once.

"What's going on? We heard a shot in the woods," he demands, looking between the paladin and the mage, then at the bloody sack on Cadegund's horse.

"Went hunting," Cadegund says. "Caught a couple of wolves. Gonna skin them and cook them up. Don't worry, they weren't rabid."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I just...tagged along," Echo says to the Pharise. "I also found some herbs that would be good for making ointments just in case anyone gets hurt as well."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Hmm, I see. Very well then, but next time you should seek my permission," the Pharise says to Cadegund. "The pilgrims thought we were under attack when they heard the shot, and we nearly had a panic on our hands."

"Yes, Pharise. My apologies," she says. Satisfied, the cleric walks away, to attend to his people.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo looks to Cadegund. "Why did you do that?"