Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: This Place Sucks

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: This Place Sucks

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo gives each person a glance before she walks over to the bar. She listens to the conversation for a few moments, before she just interrupts. "Ol' Deg, I have a couple of questions for you."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You're wasting your breath on that nonsense," Deg says with irritation.

"You got no kids, no grandkids...who you going to leave this place to when you kick it, old man?" the raven-haired woman presses. "Just let it fall into the Countess' hands?"

"I'm done talking about this. Go on, git. Outta my inn," Deg says, waving her away. Frustrated, she gave a puff of annoyance, and then storms out.

Ol' Deg frowns as his beady, black eyes focus in on Echo. "Oh, great. Today just isn't my day. Whatcha want with me, Snow Queen?" he asks, tossing his rag onto the bar.
Attachments
Old Deg.jpg
Old Deg.jpg (74.49 KiB) Viewed 7059 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo watches the woman flounce out with a huff, which actually makes her smile a little bit. "I'm looking for work, and no I don't want to work here," she says quickly. "Heard of anyone hiring for...anything lately?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ol' Deg snorts. "Yeah, but it's all stuff that'll likely get you killed. Hmm, on second thought, okay. Well, I heard there were some Orcs living in the nearby woods outside of town. Been raiding travelers, mostly stealing food, supplies, and horses. The Countess' brother put up a reward for any information that can be given about where they are hiding, or anything else 'bout them. Ya can talk to the stablemaster for more on that."

Continuing, he says, "The city guard is trying to smoke out the thieves' guild in this town. Some say they have a mage working with them, and that's how they're able to slip through the guard's grasp."

"Finally, I know there are some pilgrims in town looking to find some lost whatzit of Gonto that are looking for some hired hands to help then do that," he adds.

"Other than that..." He shrugs. "Always caravans and such passing through, looking for meatshields."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo smirks at Ol' Deg at his dead comment, but she soaks up the information much like a sponge. "Do you know who else is looking for work besides me?" she asks. "And who are the two new people over there?" she says, motioning to the blond and red hair men she saw earlier when she walked in.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Danged if I know. You're the first person to ask in awhile," Deg says. "As for those two, what am I, the town greeter?" He scoffs. "The red haired one's one of the pilgrims I mentioned earlier. The other one's a warrior from Magni, that crazy barbarian nation to the west."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"So then I guess I'll talk to him about the whole Gonto thing," she says to herself. "Not that I care much about Gonto," she adds thoughtfully. "Thanks, I guess, for the information, old man," Echo says. "As always, it was a pleasure," she says sarcastically before she turns away from him.

Mentally, she tells herself to behave towards the newcomers. If she is wanting to get a job, she'll have to be somewhat nice. She takes a few deep breaths before approaching the two men at the table. She can't force herself to smile, so she tries to keep a rather neutral face. "Excuse me?" she says.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The pilgrim looks up at Echo and smiles politely. He looks to be around thirty or so, with short red hair and lightly violet eyes. He's handsome and clean-shaven, and his clothes are remarkably clean considering he's a traveler. "Salutations," he says in greeting. "Something I can help you with?"

==========

(OOC: I never actually said the pilgrim and viking were sitting with each other. They're actually at separate tables.)
Attachments
Pilgrim.jpg
Pilgrim.jpg (65.88 KiB) Viewed 7053 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

(OOC: From the why it was described, it seemed as if they were sitting together as they were described together. My mistake.)

IC: "Are you one of the men that are searching for some Gonto artifact?" Echo asks as politely as possible. "If so, I hear that you are looking for a few people to help you out?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The man stands up, and then gestures to offer Echo a seat. "That's right, miss. The roads are dangerous these days, and off-road even more so. As such, we're always looking for a few new guards whenever we pass through a town to make up for the ones we've lost. Forgive me for saying so, though; you don't look like much of a warrior."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo takes the offered seat. "That is because I'm not a warrior," Echo points out. "I'm a mage."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Well, now? Truly? And what interest are we simple pilgrims to a great and powerful sorceress then?" he asks with a grin.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo resisted the urge to shake her head at the man before her. He was being charming, as she knew she was no where near great and powerful...yet. "There are multiple reasons," she admits. "Knowledge, experience, the chance to get out of this Gods forsaken town, and money."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Well, Gonto is all about knowledge and experience. As for money, though...hmm, I have no idea how much mages get paid, to be honest. I'd have to take you to meet our leader to decide. I'll warn you now, though--it's very dangerous work," the pilgrim says.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Before I agree to anything, I need to need to know a little bit more," Echo admits. "What exactly are you looking for? Has anyone else signed up for this? How long is this suppose to take?"