Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Pulp Adventure!

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Pulp Adventure!

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn leans over the railing just a tad to look towards the ocra with wide eyes. "Your friend is an ocra?" she asks in surprise. "How did you get such a friend? That is...amazing!"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The captain frowns at the sight of the whale. "Saw one of those things the other day coming toward the ship. Made the crew jumpy. It ain't dangerous, is it?"

"Fascinating," Dalaim says. "There are so many wonders in the world. The gods surely outdid themselves." The cleric nods to himself, then turns to the others. "Oh, yes, that reminds me. This is quite a diverse group. Do any of you, perchance, follow the teachings of Gonto?"
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Name's... Grey." Dahn answers.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

HorizonsDream wrote:Jocelyn leans over the railing just a tad to look towards the ocra with wide eyes. "Your friend is an ocra?" she asks in surprise. "How did you get such a friend? That is...amazing!"

"She was injured when I found her, she was young at the time, and we kinda grew up together. She is smart, and took to some training."

Turning to the Captain, "She isn't dangerous, at least to those who are friendly."

Val watches the reaction of the crew, making sure no one is lining up some silly pot shot at Mist.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana looks at Mist, then at Val. "It must be fascinating to have a friend like that. How do you communicate? Does she speak a real language? Could you teach it to me, too?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The crew makes no move to harm Mist, so the whale just tails after the ship, swimming in its wake. Satisfied that the killer whale isn't going to cause trouble, the captain harrumphs and then heads to his cabin.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(assuming Oren came below.)

"The ocean is in my blood, my family were fisherfolk, I served on vessels before some of our group could walk." she replies inan offhand manner.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn just looks stunned for a few moments before she looks to Val. "Amazing," she says. "Well, I'm going down below," she says as she turns and heads to the crew quarters.

Once down there, she finds Noah and sits down not too far from him. "So Val apparently has an orca as a friend," she says to him.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val answers "They are real smart, most is by whistle or hand signals, unless, of course I am riding, then it is by pressure." Turning to Ouragana she goes on "I don't think it is a language, just a trained response, but I can teach you what we have worked out."

"I'll be right back." Val heads to the bunks, again striping off most of her gear, exiting with only her breeches and trident.

"I am going for a swim, and will bring back supper. Talk to you later."

She goes to the stern, and gracefully jumps off the moving vessel, and treads water waiting for a ride.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Noah lounges in his cot, totally relaxed. "Huh? Isn't Val the orc? How can an orc have an orc as a pet?" he asks lazily.
Noldoli
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Noldoli »

Jenara wrote:(assuming Oren came below.)

"The ocean is in my blood, my family were fisherfolk, I served on vessels before some of our group could walk." she replies inan offhand manner.

Oren follows the rest below decks. "Me family used to be fisherfolk as well on the meres, though we gave that life up when the clan elders decided to start to searchin' for the lost city. That's what I've been doin the last number o' years hopin we'd find some of the lost machines and treasure of our fabled homeland. It's possible some of the old tech ended up in those ruins we be headed fer. You ever heard the tales about Farikak? I'm sure you know some since our peoples once fought together there in the big war 'ginst the goblins.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Not an orc," Jocelyn says. "A whale."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana watches Val catch her ride on Mist. "Amazing" she thinks to herself. "Too bad I can't swim." Turning around, she sees that the rest of her group are all below deck, so she follows.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Noldoli wrote:
Jenara wrote:(assuming Oren came below.)

Oren follows the rest below decks. "Me family used to be fisherfolk as well on the meres, though we gave that life up when the clan elders decided to start to searchin' for the lost city. That's what I've been doin the last number o' years hopin we'd find some of the lost machines and treasure of our fabled homeland. It's possible some of the old tech ended up in those ruins we be headed fer. You ever heard the tales about Farikak? I'm sure you know some since our peoples once fought together there in the big war 'ginst the goblins.
"I have not really had much involvement with the rest of my people. My community was quite small and isolated, they told stories of the old days, but they were just stories." She shrugs, "Perhaps you could tell me some one day?" Snapping her head round in surprise she looks at the Young Cleric.

"An Orca? A Whale?" She asks in surprise, "Well that is a surprise."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Dahn hops up,"I'm bored."
The gnome heads off to wander aimlessly around the ship.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.