Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: The Search for More Money

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 2: The Search for More Money

Post by JadedDM »

The morning arrives serenely as the sun begins to peek out of the windows of the three rooms the party is currently staying in. Most of them have slept enough for two days, having gone to bed so early.

In Room 1, Val and Ouragana stay, their belongings still strewn on the floor between their beds in their small room. The only furniture, other than the beds, is a water basin for cleaning up.

A few doors down, in Room 3, slumber Areilon and Dahn, the latter having kept his promise and acting the perfect gentleman throughout the night, despite their unusual sleeping conditions.

And finally, on the southern hall one can find Room 8, where the two clerics, Jocelyn and Noah, rest. The good pastor often sleeps in late, and so it's no surprise to Jocelyn that she finds him still asleep when she wakes up. She had personally witnessed the halfling sleep through a minor hurricane before, so there was little fear of him waking up anytime soon.

It's now a new day, full of possibilities. But one thought crosses each of their minds. They're going to need more money.

===========

(OOC: The rooms with white boxes with black circles in them are bathrooms. Oh, and the dotted line in the central area is the balcony. You can actually look down into the common room from there.

Post at will!)
Attachments
Key:<br />J - Jocelyn<br />N - Noah<br />O - Ouragana<br />V - Val<br />D - Dahn<br />A - Areilon
Key:
J - Jocelyn
N - Noah
O - Ouragana
V - Val
D - Dahn
A - Areilon
Paragon Inn 2F.JPG (97.79 KiB) Viewed 13195 times
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Re: CH 2: The Search for More Money

Post by xelphyn »

If Dahn wakes up before Arei, he spends the first moments of his morning preparing audible glamour and phantasmal force.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Dahn already has Audible Glamer prepared, so he sifts through his spellbook and spends ten minutes memorizing Phantasmal Force.

========

(OOC: Oh, yeah, this reminds me. The other casters--Ouragana and Jocelyn--can pick new spells today, too, if they like.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei rises slowly to see Dahn read his Spellbook, "Good Morning." She says yawning. "Thank you."

Pulling the blankets around her she rises to her feet and washes her face, the cool water bringing her back to reality.

"Now, Master Grey, that isn't your name, I know that, so come on what is it?" She asks, turning back, she adds. "If you could excuse me, I need to dress..."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn doesn't waste time by trying to be quiet as she gets herself ready for the day. She knows Noah can sleep through just about anything. Once she looks just a tad bit more presentable, she heads towards the main room and straight to the innkeeper. She seems to be on a mission. "Excuse me," she says as she takes a seat on one of the bar stools.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

There are a number of people in the common room, and for some reason most are crowded up at the bar. There are no stools available for Jocelyn to sit at, she just squeezes between an old dwarf and a young gnome and speaks to the barkeeper directly.

"Morning!" he says, the normally gruff and dour manner he expressed previously suddenly brightening. "What can I get ya, lass? Need a drink? Breakfast?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Some breakfast actually does sound good," Jocelyn admits as she leans up against the bar. "But I was hoping to have a small chat with you as well. It seems you are kind of busy though."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ah, my servers don't come in until later, so it's just me for now. But I can spare a bit of time for you, if you need, lass," the dwarf says. "Let me get ya some ham and eggs. Go have a seat, I'll bring 'em to ya. Then we can talk."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn sits down at a relatively quiet place in the corner and waits for the dwarf.

Once she sees the dwarf heading her direction, along with some food, she offers him a small smile. It is the most she can muster up without looking too fake about it. "Thank you," she says as the plate is sat before her and the dwarf takes a seat. "I'm going to guess you know this place pretty well," Jocelyn says as she begins cutting up her food. "What sort of things are going on right about now? Oh, and what is your name?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Brock. Brock Brewmaster," the dwarf says. "And what's going on? Well, the Spree is coming up, of course. And I could use another hand or two when that comes. But somehow I get the feeling that's not what you meant." He grins. "You're part of that group that went up into the mountains, eh? My daughter overheard ya talking the other day about it. Adventurers, are you? I used to be one myself, back in the day. But then I took an arrow to the knee, and decided to settle down and open this inn instead."

He scratches at his beard. "Where was I? Oh, right. Let's see...let's see...I hear lots of things from people coming and going. Hmm, well, the other day one of the priests was in here, talking about some ruins. What did he say? Ehh, something about ruins on an island. Old, old ruins, maybe pre-Eonian. But some tribal humans have squatted there, and they're in the way. The priest did mention looking for some mercenaries to go scope the place out, make sure it's safe, and find see what is there."

Without thinking, he idly picks a piece of egg off her plate and pops it in his mouth. "I also heard the Guild was hiring. Ever work for them before? Guess they got a shipment heading over to Doubloon, and need some extra protection. Treacherous waters, and Doubloon itself is no picnic, either. Oh, and not ten minutes ago, the local weaponsmith was telling me she needs some hunters to go after some giant crabs. They nest on the shore, see? And she wants their shells and claws to make weapons and armor with, for the Spree."

Leaning back, the dwarf idly pats his belly a few times. "Only other thing I can think of, is well...you might have heard, but there's a murderer on the loose. The Wardens are already looking for him, not to mention," he leans forward and says quietly, "that elven woman over by the fireplace was asking about it. Has the look of a bounty hunter to her, if you ask me."

Sitting back up, he adds, "That's all I've really heard about, though."
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"'Morning." Dahn replies, putting away his book.
"You're right" he admits " so for that I will reward you with my real name... After we complete our business with the wardens."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Agreed," wrapping the blanket around her she pulls up trousers from her pack, before turning her back to him, pulling off the dress and slipping on her shirt and jacket. "I need a bath." She shrugs.

"Right, yes we have to tell them of the Birdmen, show them the statue..." She straps on her blade and shoulders her pack. "Breakfast?" She asks, moving to the door.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, that at least gives me a few ideas on what to do next," Jocelyn says. "Thank you. I don't want to take too much of your time though," she added. "Oh, and the bald halfling that I am with will take care of the payment for this meal, if he hasn't all ready set up a tab as it is."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Someone at the bar calls out for the dwarf, and he grunts as he stands up. "Eh, don't worry about it. Just this once, it's on the house." He then limps back to the bar to deal with the customer.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Dahn, who had expected her to wait for him to leave the room, turns his eyes towards the door and answers" Yes, breakfast would be good."