Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: The Search for More Money

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 2: The Search for More Money

Post by Jenara »

Still wearing her white dress Arei puts her hand on her Stilletto and steps into the Inn, walking to the Bar she places a Gold Coin on the surface.

"I pint and some information." She asks sweetly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The bartender, a human with short blond hair and blue eyes, takes the coin and fills up a mug for her. "What information are you looking for, knife-ears?" he asks, before spatting into a nearby spittoon.
Attachments
Bartender.jpg
Bartender.jpg (26.59 KiB) Viewed 6475 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Two things. Firstly I am interested in what information you have on the Murders, call it.. Curiosity, and secondly, one of my people has been seen here... Have you seen her?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The bartender laughs derisively. "You looking to be the next victim then? Looks like it, coming into a place like this in a dress like that. After a chuckle, he gets more serious. "Yeah, I know things. Lots of things. They started a few weeks ago. All girls, all had their hearts cut out, and all left by the windmill. the first two were human, but the last one was a dwarf. That was about four days ago, if I remember right. Streets are a dangerous place for girls these days, especially at night."

At this point, a large mosquito starts buzzing around. The bartender slaps it between his hands, crushing it. He wipes his hands off his already dirty apron, but makes no move to wash them. "Yeah, I've seen another knife-ear around here. She started a brawl last night, but then disappeared in the chaos. If you see her, tell her she owes me two new tables and four new chairs, not to mention half a dozen mugs, that bitch."

==========

Areilon spends a gold piece.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"If I see her, I will tell her." She smiles, "Who did she start a Brawl with?" She asks, saying nothing about the dress.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"There were a couple of Wardens poking around here at the time, asking questions. Like the questions you're asking, actually. Anyway, she started talking about how the dwarves were fools and beneath her, and couldn't even solve a simple murder--but she said it loud enough so they could hear, right?" The bartender grins. "Well, after that, one thing led to another...other folks got involved, and before you know it, the whole place is a mess. Those hardheaded Wardens threw half my patrons in the drunk tank, but she was nowhere to be found after that."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I will bear that in mind, thank you." She nods, "The Wardens are somewhat heavy handed aren't they?" She grins, "If you see her, tell her I am looking for her, there is another gold in it for you."

"As for the questions, I will not ask any more, I have no desire to get thrown into jail." She winks and takes a long sip of her beer.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ha! Tell me about it," the bartender agrees. "Makes those Leaguers over on Mond sound more and more reasonable, if you ask me."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At the Paragon Inn

Ouragana walks over to the table with Dahn and his companion. "Mind if I join you, or we?" she asks sweetly, the last with a look at Val.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val follows Ouragana to the table. Sitting down, she waves to the bartender and puts a few silvers on the table.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Barnacle Inn

"I did some work for them, really damn ungrateful." Arei says, finishing her drink. "One more, and make it a strong one." She grins, elbows on the bar.

"So, why would I be a target? Or is that asking too much information?" She asks.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The Barnacle Inn

"By the gods, are you serious?" asks the bartender with a derisive laugh. "You're more naive than a cloistered cleric of Octhanus." He takes a moment to spit again in the spittoon. "In case you didn't notice, this isn't exactly the most reputable of establishments. My clientele is, let's say, a bit seedy. To put it in more simple terms, this place is a dive, full of dangerous folks. And you just prance right in, wearing that little dress, like it was one of those four-star hotels over in Paradise City. Ha! You might as well just walk through a dark alley or a spooky forest at night alone in dress heels. You're just asking for trouble!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps," She shrugs, "I can handle myself, don't you worry."

"Anyone in particular I should look out for?" She asks, scanning the bar.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah," the bartender says, leaning forward. "The half-ogre in the corner, Donk. He's a mean one, hates elves, and some say he's got ties to the Slaver's Syndicate. Best steer clear of him."
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Sure, go ahead." Dahn answers.
"Where's the other one?"
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.