Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 10: The Tharkadan Towers

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 10: The Tharkadan Towers

Post by Jenara »

"Gilthanas." Laurana says, shaking her head at the loss of her bow, her father gave it to her... Grabbing the sword of the unconscious Kapak she moves towards her brother. "Take this, I don't expect you to like me, but we have to work together.."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm looks at the two creatures near Riverwind, attacking a fallen foe was not his style, despite his wounds he moves towards the creature attacking Riverwind. "Surrender." He cries.

(Holds his attack, attacking if the creature does not do what he asks, hitting it with the flat of his blade).

1d10, 1d20+2, 1d10+6=[7], [19, 2], [7, 6]

Init:7, Hit AC -7, 13 dmg.

(He hit, lets hope it still has some HP left!)
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tasslehof secures his position and observes the acid with interest. PLus, he opts to avoid throwing another stone at a bad guy.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Seeing Sturm come to help, Riverwind does, in fact, attempt to hit the one on the ground, suffering no such reservations about hitting a prone draconian. Using the flat of his blades, he attempts to end this quick.

to hit, sword (1d20+7=23)
damage, sword (1d8+3=11)

He swings again, this time with the pommel of his dagger.

to hit, dagger (1d20+3=7)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Gilthanas awkwardly accepts the offered sword with his manacled hands, but there isn't much he can do with it until he is freed from the chains.

Riverwind slams the flat of his sword down hard on the fallen kapak, but it is not quite enough to knock him out. He rolls aside to avoid the dagger's pommel, then pulls himself back onto his feet. The other kapak goes for an attack, and manages to get another cut on the plainsman ranger in the process.

Eben comes up behind the formerly prone kapak and swings, but the draconian hears him coming and is able to sidestep the attack.

Moving quickly, Goldmoon runs inside and across the acid pool to reach Tika, ignoring the burning on the soles of her feet. Once she has reached dry land again, she shuts out the pain and begins praying. Calling upon Mishakal's healing, she undoes some of the damage to the waitress that the acid had caused. "Thank you," she says softly.

Sturm calls for the kapak's surrender, and they whirl to face the Solamnic. Looking around the room, they note that they are wounded, one of their comrades is unconscious, and the rest (including their leader) is dead. After sharing a look, they seem to reach the same conclusion, and with a scowl, toss their short swords onto the ground at their enemy's feet. "We surrender," one says.

===========

Initiative
Gilthanas (N/A)
Caramon (N/A)
Tika (N/A)
Eben (1d10+5): 12
Goldmoon (1d10+5): 13
Laurana (1d10): 4
Sturm (1d10+4): 14
Tasslehoff (N/A)
Riverwind (1d10+5): 6
Magpie (N/A)
Kapak 05 (1d10): 10
Kapak 08 (1d10+3): 10

Round 4!

Laurana picks up Kapak 06's fallen sword, moves 20 feet southeast and hands it to the manacled Gilthanas.
Riverwind attacks Kapak 05 (prone) with the flat of his long sword's blade (1d20+5): 21, hit for (1d8+3): 11 damage (6 real, 5 temporary). He then attacks with the pommel of his dagger (1d20+3): 7, miss.
Kapak 05 gets up.
Kapak 08 attacks Riverwind with his short sword (1d20+2): 14, hit for (1d6): 5 damage.
Eben moves 10 feet northwest and attacks Kapak 05 from behind with the flat of his blade (1d20-1): 10, miss.
Goldmoon inside and north 10 feet, stepping through the acid and taking (1d8): 1 damage. She then casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Tika, restoring (1d10+1): 5 HP.
Sturm calls for Kapak 08 to surrender.
----Kapak 08 makes a morale check (-4 half the kapaks being down, +1 being lawful, -2 no enemy slain, -4 outnumbered 3 or 1 to more) (2d10): 13, fails. Kapak 08 surrenders.
----Kapak 05 makes a morale check (same modifiers as above) (2d10): 18, fails. Kapak 05 surrenders.
Kapak 03's acid evaporates.

Combat ends.

(OOC: Post at will, guys.)
Attachments
Lower Guardroom.jpg
Lower Guardroom.jpg (47.8 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Who was the leader?" Laurana asks, turning to the Kapaks, "Which one? Who had the keys?" She turns back to Gilthanas "I will do what I can. If you consent to being aided by a Dark Elf." She almost sneers, "You did nothing."

"Sturm, Eben, Riverwind hold them, make sure they don't move." She continues, "Caramon, can you watch the others? Goldmoon, thank you."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Very well Laurana." Sturm limps slightly, the acid burnt, yet he says nothing, keeping his blade drawn he presses it towards the Kapaks, "In the Corner, Riverwind, can you search them?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The one you slew first," the less injured kapak responds. "He had the keys," he adds, gesturing to the big pool of acid.

Gilthanas merely shakes his head at Laurana. "And what could I have done? Do not forget, you brought this on yourself. You are not some innocent victim, sister. You ran away from home, abandoned your people...and all for a half-elf. I hope he was worth it."

"Where's my brother?" Caramon demands. "Where's Raist?"

"He escaped," Gilthanas says. "He was wearing a strange onyx ring. He spoke a word, and we were all enveloped in darkness so thick, even my elven sight could not pierce it. When the darkness cleared, he was gone. After that, they separated us. The half-elf and dwarf were taken elsewhere; I'm not sure where."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Where is the armory?" She asks ignoring her "Brother", "That ring? Good hopefully he is alive, we will need his help."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Upstairs," the kapak responds. "West tower, near the kitchen."

"That's likely where they've brought my armor and weapons," Gilthanas says. "And the gear of your other companions, as well."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"How many guards, can we get there safety?" Laurana stays near her brother, but does not move to touch him. "Caramon? Can you break these chains?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Seeing the knight limp, Goldmoon tells Sturm: "I will get to you as soon as the acid has evaporated, I should not hurt myself any more if I can help it."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Toede's got patrols searching for your missing mage friend," the kapak says. "Don't know how you got in here, but you'll never get back out alive."

Caramon looks at the chains. "I can try, but I might hurt him. Couldn't Tas just pick them or something?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Me pick!" Magpie perks up, skipping round the acid as best she can (she is small, can she get past?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: Guys, if you look at that last map, there shouldn't be any problem bypassing the acid unless Riverwind stubbornly and inexplicably refuses to let anyone step past him.)