Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Temple (private thread for Ismael's Legacy)

Second Edition AD&D

A gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Forum rules
Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Temple (private thread for Ismael's Legacy)

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

After the quick synopsis is delivered, Bastian expands on his own thoughts. "It seems to me that there's two factions after this corpse, both of which are not supposed to even exist. Sky elves and dwarven mages leading Uruk? Something isn't quite adding up if you ask me. Then again, I don't think anyone believed that we'd actually discover anything of import with this mission anyway."
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

“Sky elves,” Vecchio scoffs. “Unlikely. Nothing can live high in the sky – the air starts getting thin once you get above the mountaintops. I expect a tale of something else grew and changed in the telling. Another plane perhaps.
“Any road, your problems appear to have ended. The body gone, your foes now lack cause to vex you. But these grotdeir and ogre-things are troublesome. Such a group could threaten this town. We must bring this matter to the commander.”
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"Agreed. Have you not had sign of them prior to this, though? Granted, they may have been lured in by pursuit of the body. Hopefully they've been lured in by pursuit of the body. It would be troublesome to think that a group like this would be living in your backyard with everyone unawares...."
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Nothing unusual has occurred for months. Even the bandits have been fairly quiet of late. Additional investigation may be warranted."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"The bandits are quiet?" Bastian inquires incredulously. "When are bandits EVER quiet? They don't spontaneously just give up a life of sin and move away. There doesn't seem to be any more lucrative areas nearby to lure them from the roads here, either. Who do we speak to about this, specifically?"
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"I said: 'Fairly quiet.' The commander hanged one from a tree at the crossroads two months ago. Such a gesture sends a powerful message.”
Vecchio ponders Bastian’s words, then says: “Your group was debriefed before being permitted to enter the village, so the commander has the story. I shall suggest that a squad be sent out to the site, to search for any sign of your monsters. You can go along to show them the way.”
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"As you wish. I would like to take another from my traveling companions as well. She has proven her worth with a sword and has a better memory for military happenings than myself."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

((OOC: Once I leave the Temple, I actually want to try to make contact with some of the local outlaws, but do so discreetly. Perhaps something along the lines of going to a tavern and asking around? Perhaps put out the word that I'm looking to "discreetly move some cargo".