Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

Post by JadedDM »

The bartender collects one of the silver and gives Val five copper in change, before filling a mug with ale and placing it before her.

Meanwhile, Noah frowns at Jocelyn. "I didn't want to do this to begin with," he says. "But my orders come up from high. Not even sure how high, really. Maybe all the way from the top." He shrugs. "Anyway, I'm just here to supervise. You're the one who needs to gather field experience. Any ideas?"

==========

Val finishes a meal and drinks a pint of water.
Val pays 1 silver and 5 copper.
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Dahn, with a spark of suprise in his eye, continues his conversation with the farmer.
"Winged beast eh? So they fly?"
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Aye," the farmer says. "Like I said, they swoop in and just carry off my cows and pigs. This is my livelihood, but the wardens won't do anything about it. They sent a couple of rookies, but they never came back. Probably got ate up by the birdmen." The farmer snorts and makes a dismissive wave. "The other farmers and me, we're willing to pool our money for a decent reward for anyone who can go wipe the blighters out. You interested?" he asks. "Name's Chester, by the way."
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

As soon as the word gold is mentioned his mind flashes *Bingo*,
he continues his conversation with the farmer, albeit with increasing volume do to the excitement, (for not only the gold, but the glory as well.)
"Well, Chester, call me Grey, I'll help, but i need as much information as I can get, when do they strike, how many are usually in the flock, which direction do they come from, is there a specific pattern of attacks, what do the other farmers know?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Chester removes his straw hat and sets it on the table, then scratches his head. "Well, let's see. They come at all times of the day or night. Sometimes I go to bed and don't even realize nothing's missing until the next day. They live up in the mountains, just outside of town. Got a big old nest of 'em, maybe...a dozen, tops. There's a trail up there, and it's they've lined their territory with stone markers. I tried going up there once, but they done chased me off. Damned critters nearly took my head off with their javelins."
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"Random attacks, huh?" Dahn scratches his temple, "any of the other farmers try to get in to their territory? What about traps? Ever try layin' down some traps?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Tried a few things," Chester admits. "Put out some bear traps and put barbed wire on the fences. 'Course, the damned things just flew over it all. I tried to round up the other farmers, put an end to 'em, but they were all too scared to even try."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As the conversation becomes louder, Ouragana cannot help but listen. Twiddling the spoon between her fingers, she tries to make sense of what she hears. Bird men? Living in a lair in the mountains? And strong enough to carry off cattle? They must be as strong as young rocs then... she rakes her brain, has she ever heard of something like that?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei listens in, her elven ears picking up as she hears the voices rise, Bird Men? Would it be better than on ship? Her body was already disorientated without the rocking and rolling of the ship.

Slipping off the stool she moves over towards the Gnome and the farmer, "Excuse me, I couldn't help but over hear, you appear to require aid." She gives a curtsey, if she had a hat she would have removed it. "Areilon Landar, at your service."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val turns slightly in her seat and listens, quietly drinking her ale.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Er...that's right," Chester says, looking up at the elf in surprise. "Are you two part of the same team or somethin'?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Not exactly, but I doubt I can take these creatures on alone.." Arei gives 'Grey' an quick glance. "When did this start to happen?" She asks, waiting to be offered a seat.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

There are no seats to offer Areilon at the bar where Dahn and the farmer are sitting, as she was sitting right next to them to begin with.

"It all started about a month ago," Chester says. "I started noticing my livestock going missing, and would find red feathers all over the place. Talked to my neighbors, found out they were having the same problems. So we set up a watch, and sure enough, caught a handful of the buggers swooping in to make off with our property."
Attachments
Paragon Inn 1F.JPG
Paragon Inn 1F.JPG (116.08 KiB) Viewed 7839 times
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

Dahn pulls his head back far enough to have a look at Areilon "Yeah, you've gotta point, these things are strong enough to lift cows, it'd be nothing for them to lift a gnome like me," Dahn slings his head forward, returning his eyes to the farmer, "I mean, sure, I could get em all when they land in the nest, but who knows where that would be, it could take days for me to get back to town, and what if I get lost? I'd run out of food and drink and end up... Anyway, the point is, yeah, I could certainly use the help."
"If you're up to it. " he says with a quick glance to Arei.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed." Arei smiles, not taking her eyes of the farmer, "I do not carry this blade for decorative reasons." She grins, "Yes, I could do with the help."

"What do you mean by substantial reward?" She asks the farmer.

Borderlands 3 - Navi