Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

Post by Breila »

Ouragana looks into the room before going up. "Is Arei planning to sell that piece we got from the bird people?" she asks Val quietly. "She shouldn't, it should be shown to the town guards, it was a piece offer!"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Arei smiles at the Gnome, "Oh that is a lovely idea, really, I will tell them at once..." She turns, about to leave, then turns back in an exaggerated movement. "Oh.. But if I go with you then I won't be able to talk to them about the Statue." She sighs, "Oh dear, as much as it saddens me, I fear I will have to stay here." Sitting down, her cleavage showing slightly she places her head in her hands.

"I am sorry good sir, I will of course discuss the statue with them, perhaps we could have dinner? And then i will return here? But I am but a poor Sailor, I will have to sleep on the floor of a friends room...." Shrugging she gives him a quick smile.

(OOC: She has no intention of selling it, however the end [her surviving] justifies the means [her flirting some what, and making suggestions] lol)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Well, either way," Hubert says, "I don't carry that sort of coin on me." He finishes off his drink, belches, then drops a few silver on the table before standing up. "Same time tomorrow, eh, Frisno?" he says to the younger gnome.

Turning back to the elf, he says, "If you change your mind, my jewelry shop is just outside the Warden's Keep. You can't miss it, it's the only jewelry shop in town. See you later," he says with a wink before heading to the door.

==========

(OOC: Umm...that's fine, if you guys don't want to sell it. But it was meant as your reward for completing the quest without violence.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Thanks," Jocelyn says as she makes her way to Noah's room. Once at the door, she knocks lightly to get his attention.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The door swings open, and Noah is there, a look of surprise on his face. "You're alright!" he breathes. "I was worried that...oh, you've been hurt!" he says, noting the cut across her leg. "And your robes are torn. Come in, come in." He takes her by the hand and leads her to one of the two beds in the room. The beds are singles, one on each side, with a small nightstand between them and a basin in another corner of the room.

"Well, how did it go?" he asks. "I can sew the robes for you. But I think you should heal this yourself. It's good practice, and not a very bad cut."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: Oh, I hope we will be able to sell the statue eventually, as a compensation for enabling a truce between the birdmen and the town/farm people. Ouragana needs the money, after all. But it can be used as a proof that the birdmen are intelligent creatures (and hopefully, the authorities will be more welcoming than the farmer).)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val enters the room and quckly stakes out a bed. Pausing long enough to strip off her armor, she crawls into bed. Not much for chit chat, all she says is "Night"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You know.." Arei thinks for a few seconds looks to the group and then to the Gnome. He had shown her kindness even if he had an ulterior motive. "Don't look for me, I will return in the morning. When we go to the watch." she says grasping greys arm. "If anyone asks i have business to attend to." with that she heads off after the Gnome.

(That was my plan too. Always good to find a buyer first!)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The room Val and Ouragana rented is quite cramped, with just barely enough room for two single beds and a basin. The half-orc just deposits her armor on the ground and climbs into bed, despite the early hour, exhausted.

As it's still daylight out, Areilon easily spots the gnome returning to his shop. His short legs ensures he doesn't get too far without her.

===========

It is now 6:00 PM.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Please wait for me, I have re-considered your invitation." She smiles, pack behind her as she heads forward, catching up to the Gnome.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ah, excellent," Hubert says. "I thought you would change your mind. Follow me, I'll show you my shop. Did your friends ever reach an agreement?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Like Val, Ouragana just plops on a bed. She manages to pull off her boots with difficulty, because her feet are so swollen, and groans with pain. She pulls her pack onto the foot of the bed and eats some of the cheese. She's in half a mind of offering some to the half-orc, but Val had been so curt that she didn't dare ask her. She then lies down, her feet propped on the pack, in the hope that the pain in her feet will ease and she will eventually be able to sleep.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

JadedDM wrote:"Ah, excellent," Hubert says. "I thought you would change your mind. Follow me, I'll show you my shop. Did your friends ever reach an agreement?"
"You did?" Arei asks in mock surprise, "And no, they need to sleep on it."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Of course!" Hubert says. "I'm the only jeweler in town. There's nobody else you'll find interested in that artifact. Hmm, well, maybe the church. But they won't pay for it; they'd expect it as a donation, heh, heh!"

As the two walk, he continues, "You're better off not waiting for your friends. People can never come to a decision as a group. One person must step forward and take initiative. If you leave it for them to figure out on their own, you'll be sitting on that thing for months."

After a few more minutes, they come up to his shop. "Ah, here we are." It's a simple, two-story building with a sign hanging out front. Areilon cannot read it, but for the sake of the illiterate, there is also a picture of a big green diamond next engraved on it, as well.

Pulling out a ring of keys, he unlocks the door. "The shop is the first floor, my flat is upstairs. Do come in."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Honestly, they are not my friends, they are people I met in the Bar." Arei admits as she steps inside the shop, removing her hat she follows the Gnome. "I assume the sign says 'Jewelers' in Gnomish?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi