Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

Post by JadedDM »

"Yes, but it's in Common, actually. Not many speak Gnomish here, except us gnomes," Hubert says. "The only reason Dwarven isn't the official language of this island is because it would make things too difficult for our foreign customers and tourists."

He closes and locks the door behind them. "I trust you don't need any light?" he asks. "I admit, I normally walk around here in the dark when I'm closed." Indeed, Areilon's infravision allows her to see just fine.

The place is full of jewelry and various curios and relics of old cultures. Most of the expensive stuff is behind glass. Just from a glance around the place, Areilon notes a collection of silver items, a beautiful jewelry box carved from coral, and a shelf full of various artifacts.
Shelf.jpg
Shelf.jpg (78.5 KiB) Viewed 9847 times
"Shall we go upstairs and talk business? Would you care for a drink?" the gnome asks, rubbing his hands together.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I see just fine, thank you." She smiles, "The blessing of Elvensight is a great boon." She agrees looking around the shop, her eyes falling on the lovely items, the silver items interest her as she admires the box from coral.

"It is a lovely shop you have, do you do much trade? I assume the Locals are not your usual customers?" Turning back to him she nods, "Wine, red if you have it please? I do not mean to be rude, but is there somewhere I could put my things, and change? These clothes are dirty from the road."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Of course, right this way," he says, guiding the young woman to the stairs with a hand on the small of her back. The spiral staircase takes them up to what is clearly his living area.

Chuckling, he says, "Ohh...you might say I do alright." The place is magnificent. There's a massive queen sized bed, strangely large enough to accommodate someone much taller than any gnome. The walls are covered in wallpaper, there are several fine examples of art hanging on the walls, and even the ceiling has intricate designs upon it. There's a fireplace with a loveseat before it and some very fine rugs on the floor to ward off the chill.
Hubert's flat.jpg
Hubert's flat.jpg (156.5 KiB) Viewed 9843 times
"There's a washroom over there," he says. "Feel free to use it. "I'll get a fire going and get that wine," Hubert says. "And you can put your things wherever you like. There's plenty of space, as you can see."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Taking her pack Arei heads to the washroom, unbuckling her sword she pulls off her clothes and splashes her face and chest with water. Strapping a dagger to her hip she pulls on her only dress before placing her clothes in the pack.

Pausing in the mirror she ties back her hair and strides back out into the main room, dropping her pack and blade on the floor.

"That feels better." She says, stepping into room fully.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hubert is waiting for her on the loveseat by the now roaring fireplace. He has a bottle of red wine and two glasses, already filled. He bears a large grin at seeing the elf woman in her white dress. Patting the seat next to him, he offers her the drink. "You look exquisite," he says. "What shall we toast to?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Why thank you, it is the only luxury I allow myself, weeks on the sea do not lend themselves to such attire." She grins, taking the glass as delicately as she can, she was no delicate lady, but she did the best she could, smoothing the dress as she sits down on the seat. "To New partnerships."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Heh, heh. To new partnerships," the gnome repeats, and they clink the glasses together. With gusto, the gnome polishes his off entirely, knocking it back like it was an ale. "Ahh, good year. So then," he says, leaning closer. "Have you decided if you want to sell the carving? Or would you rather...sleep on it?" he asks, raising and lowering his bushy eyebrows.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"As you say, no one else would be interested, I fear you have a monopoly on such an item." Smiling still she blushes, "Why my good Hubert, what are you implying?" She asks innocently, sipping her wine. "I cannot drink this too fast, I havent eaten much... do you perhaps something I could nibble on, to fill my stomach, I fear it will rumble at the worst time."

Smoothing back her hair she raises her arms, pressing out her small chest somewhat.

(Btw, as we are sticking to a PG rating, I will not mention the effects of wearing nothing under the dress...)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Uh, let's see...I believe I can whip something up quickly," the gnome says. Standing up, he sets his empty glass down and hurries over to the other side of the room. After digging through some cabinets, he returns with a plate with some cheese, bread, and a small bowl of strawberries. "Here we are," he says, placing the plate on the coffee table before them. He then refills his wine glass.

"As for what I'm implying, well...we're here, in my room. A man, a woman. And a couple of damned good-looking ones, at that. And it does get awfully cold these summer nights around here. You're free to stay here, of course. We can...get to know each other...more intimately, if you know what I mean."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Eating the food with as much grace a she can manage, sucking the strawberries comes across as sexual no matter how hard she tries to avoid it.

"I am somewhat innocent, my last relationship ended recently and it was a bad time, he did not respect me or treat me well." She answers honestly, feeling she owed the Gnome that much. "I will spend the night here, I will share your bed." She pauses, shaking her head. "Not in that way, you seem like a nice person, I trust you not to take advantage of a Lady." She blushes slightly.

"Is that acceptable?" She asks, sucking on a strawberry, licking her lips.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm not suggesting we pick out curtains or anything," Hubert says. "I'm not looking for a relationship, either. I just thought we could have some fun. A little business, a little pleasure, you see? There's no harm in that, is there?"

He offers her more wine. "As for trusting me to not take advantage of a lady, all I can say is...you obviously don't know me very well!" He laughs heartily. "I make no promises to behave myself if you stay here tonight. After all, I am offering you my food, my wine, and my bed. Surely you don't intend to take advantage of my generosity and offer me nothing in return, eh?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn felt she was just hurried into Noah's room, which was surprising to her. "It is just a small cut," she said as she took a seat. "I've had much worse," she admitted. Though, that was from a time she didn't like to discuss too much. "You were worried about me?" she asks. That caught her off guard, as she was pretty sure the halfling didn't much like her.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Of course, I was worried. You're my responsibility, going off on a dangerous quest in the mountains to fight horrible monsters. You could have been killed, as far as I knew. I was so upset, I only ate four meals today," Noah says. "Now then. Just as we practiced. Channel the energy through your hand, into the wound itself."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Hell, I'd take the 'R' version, but with cut scenes
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: That's not going to happen! :lol: I'm not even really sure where this scene is going, actually.)