Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 1: You All Meet in a Tavern

Post by Breila »

Ouragana takes out five silver, she had thought that the price was per person. Seeing Val give only two, she hesitates for a moment. "Five silver is for the room or for the bed, Sir?" she asks the bartender.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It was given freely, I believe it depicts the god of the Birdmen who have been accidentally killing cattle." Arei comments as she keeps the item in her grasp. "I thought something close to 1,500 gold myself." She smiles, "It is worth a mans life earnings, twenty or thirty times over."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The bartender arches a bushy eyebrow at the mage, as if that were the strangest question he had ever been asked. "For the room," he replies.

"Yes, yes," Hubert says, admiring the carving under his magnifying glass. "Fifteen hundred sounds about right. Is it for sale? I'll be happy to take it off your hands tonight."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps, I will have to discuss this with my friends.." She says with a cute smile, "They may want to barter some more." Standing she offers her hand to take the statue. "But first you wanted to show me something of your own??" Adjusting her hat she glances over at the others.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"By all means, we can head back to my place, have a few drinks, and talk business...and other things, too," Hubert says, again rubbing his hands together greedily.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps, please can you wait a few moments?" She asks, placing the statue in her pouch she turns back towards the group, grabbing Greys arm she pulls him away to a corner. "We need to talk.."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Ouragana puts three silver on the table. "Then you are paid for the room with this, right?" she asks the bartender. She looks at Arei pulling Dahn over and considers joining them, but as she shifts her weight to her feet, she shakes her head. "No, I can't" she whispers, half to herself, half to Val.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ouragana finds that, when reaching for her money, she does not have three silver pieces. She has two silver and two copper, but that is all.

(OOC: Technically, Val doesn't have any silver either, but she does have gold. You guys can see how much money you have at any point in the Character Stats thread.)
xelphyn
Merchant
Merchant

Post by xelphyn »

"What is it?" Dahn asks Arei, scratching his nose insecurely.
I don't blow minds, I blast brains.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Val fishes out a gold, hands it to the barkeep. After waiting for changes, she looks at it before giving him another silver.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The Gnome over there, he is the local 'art dealer' offered me fifteen hundred out right for the statue, but the look on his face tells me its worth much more." She grins, "We need to play him a little, to drive the price up."

Giggling she smiles, "He wants to take me back to his place, whatever he wants, he won't get it, I am not that type of girl. But first I am going to get myself a room."

Striding back to the Gnome she stands, arms open. "My friends want to discuss the price between themselves, I will try to convince them that this is a great offer... If you were to say... Help me, I will do all I can." Pausing she grins. "If you were to pay for a suite for me, I would see that they see sense."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Blushing crimson, Ouragana just manages to say "Thank you" to Val for helping her out. "It looks like I spent far too much money on rations that I don't need now."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After the transaction is complete, the bartender hands a key over to Val and Ouragana. "It's room 1, upstairs, to the left," he says. "Check out time is tomorrow morning, unless you plan to stay another night."

Meanwhile, the gnome, Hubert, just laughs. "No need for a suite, you can come stay at my place tonight, on the house. It's much nicer than the suite they have here, I assure you."

=========

Val spends 3 silver pieces.
Ouragana spends 2 silver pieces.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Jocelyn stands to go check on Noah.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jocelyn speaks with the bartender, inquiring about her mentor and describing him. Luckily, not very many bald, overweight halflings in blue vestments have come by, because the dwarf knows him right away. "Yeah, he's up in room 8," he says.