Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

An expedition with the "Seagull"

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: An expedition with the "Seagull"

Post by Jenara »

"Very well." She blows the Thief a kiss, giggling like a girl.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

"Gods help me."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax giggles again.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter watches all of this unfold while quietly going about the business of securing the campsite. Even though he's worried about the rain, the mood of the group seems too good to ruin with talk of such matters. Retrieving his bedroll and laying it out he throws in his two cents, "Part of me agrees with Searos...these people are not worth our time or effort. On the other hand, we are adventurers and saving people who don't deserve it seems to be what we do. But, if this plan involves sailing anywhere we're going to need someone who knows how to use a ship. What do you think the odds are of our jingly little friend being such a person?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"He will claim he does." Brax comments, "There are no doubt a few sailors we could pay to help." She winks, "I think we can persuade them."

"Drake is.... I believe he might be of use, if nothing else than for another target." She adds.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

"Well, I'd be fine with him for that very reason, but I can't guarantee his safety if he gets on the wrong side of our ill-tempered friend here," Gunter remarks while nodding at Searos.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I would suggest you leave Searos with me." She grins, flashing her eyebrows at Gunter.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

(as far as watches go, how do we want to order it? Gunter can go first if we're looking for volunteers)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Brax made a suggestion above)
Jenara wrote:Finding a clear spot Brax lays out her bedroll, making sure she is next to both Gunter and Vee.

"We have some choices, first is the Jester, he seems adamant in joining us." She says as she explains about Martin to Oren. "The next is what we do next, The Council no doubt want us to lead a mission to get these Smugglers, I think we should." Removing her armor she lays on her tummy, propped up by her elbows.

"We take turns to watch, Oren and Gunter, Kim and Vee, and m and Searos last. Agreed?" She gives Searos a wink, before looking for Gunters reaction.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

(*facepalm*)

After eating a small meal, Gunter prepares himself for the first shift, laying his axe and bow next to him in the grass. He looks at the sky, hoping silently that the rain holds off for a few more hours and reminding himself to buy a tent with some of his new found loot.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee let herself drop on the ground next to Brax and Gunter.

"I don't know why you all have something against the funny bell carrier. Mabye he talks to much and is... hmm I don't know the word on your language... But the point is that everybody of us has unpleasant sides"

"and I, personally, like him" Vee smiles and lays down on her cape to sleep "wake me up for my shift" she mumbles sekonds before sleeping
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Everybody make themselves as comfortable as they can, Kim being off best with a personal tent.

Oren's and Gunter's watch passes uneventfully, they have time to chat a bit, but the cleric does not reveal anything unexpected. In fact, he mentions travelling on his own once the group is back in Dunreese.

During their watch, Kim tells Vee: "Miss Veeleyana, I have mentioned that the pearls we were given are very important for a spell to tell the true nature of a magic item. I would like to buy the one you were given. I do not have the money to buy it all at one time, but I propose that I pay for your expenses and give you money for yourself, until I have spent or given you as much as it is worth. I would note all this, of course. Would that be acceptable? You may keep the pearl with you until I have paid half of it, or until I need it to perform the spell for the sake of our group."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax lays on her tummy, wrapped in her blanket she drifts off silently, occasionally she makes a little noise, batting away something invisible.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee looks at kim dubiously. She didn't really want to deliver her treasure, but kims words seems to be logical...

"so you'll pay all for me? I think I had to trust you abeut the noting... but seems ok. The problem is I don't really know how much it is worth, because I just don't know for what it could be good for. So, I couldn't use it anyway."
"If you need it I would lend it to you just now, no problem. But never go to far away from me, I'd like to have my money" A bright smile takes away the untrust in her words
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kim looks at Vee gravely. "A pearl like that is worth 100 gold pieces. And it disappears when the spell is cast, so I couldn't give it back to you afterwards. What I propose to you is to set up a treaty, signed by you and me, about our agreement. I would note all expenses I make for your and the money I give to you. Until I have given you half the pear's value, you keep it, afterwards, I will carry it. And don't worry, the first time I need to cast the spell, I will use my own pearl. But I like to know where I can get another one.l" Half a smile briefly crosses Kim's face.
There's more to me than meets the eye...