Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

An expedition with the "Seagull"

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: An expedition with the "Seagull"

Post by Breila »

"How would it destroy you?" Giulietta sounds eagerly interested. "Do you think the Gods would battle over you, inside you perhaps?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Perhaps, I have visions of them fighting over my soul." Brax suggests as she sips her tea, "Of course I miss that life, I had everything I wanted, I had money, power, men, women if I wanted them..." She looks at the woman with a curious gaze.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Oh..." Giulietta suddenly looks uncomfortable when Brax mentiones »having women«.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The life was there, but I didn't try some of it, women are not my thing..." She says with a giggle.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well yes"... Giulietta says, looking still uncomfortable. She gets up. "It was nice chatting with you, these were interesting insights. Now if you'll excuse me" she gets up and leaves the tent, going for an inspection round.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"Jeah return to dunreese sounds good to me." Vee says but then she stops "Whats about Brax? We can't leave her completly alone here."

"Mabye you can go and I'll wait for her?"
I am NOT sweet!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Shaking her head Brax stays sitting for a moment, again who she was had affected someones reaction to her, perhaps she should consider being quiet.. "Who would I be then?" She asks herself silently, flushing red she considers fleeing, but she had promised to wait for Shearsea.

Standing, she adjusts her clothes, checks her mace and heads for the tents exit, coming across Vee as she does so.

"Interesting.." Brax comments, scanning the area for Giulietta, shrugging she gets the group together, "We should head back, there is nothing else we can do here."

"I have an idea, we can rest at Dunreese, sleep in the temple guesthouse, accompany Henry home tomorrow, report to the Council of Dunreese and still have enough time to get back here at Sunset to meet Shearsea." Looking at each member in turn she asks: "What do you think?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos shrugs and gets up. "So long as we get paid, thats about all I care about. Besides, I'm curious to see if the sea-chick even shows up."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"She will Searos, she will." Brax responds, preparing to lead the group out of what was their camp.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos follows her out, glaring at the various caravan members while muttering to himself "Yeah, the day a woman keeps her word is the same day I... its the same day I..." Searos stops and looks around for a moment before asking no one in particular "Wait, whats a really good wholesome thing that you could never see me doing?" He pauses and thinks for a moment before snapping his fingers. "The day a woman keeps her word is the day I build a orphanage to actually take care of orphans and not exploit them for slave labor! Ha! Knew I'd figure something out. What are we doing again?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Going back to Dunreese." She responds, glancing behind her, "This place is too hard."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

"Right! So wait, is too hard your way of saying too poor?"
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter merely sighs at Searos and hefts one of his axes over his shoulder before following the group to Dunreese, whistling softly to himself.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"No." She says shaking her head, "There is temptation here, you would not like me being tempted....." Giving him a look of anger, she gives the thief a look of worry. "Regardless, let us go to Dunresse."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The sun is setting over the ocean as they walk on, their mules in tow. By the time they reach Dunreese, it is dark, but the moons are full enough so they can follow the track easily. The town gates are closed, but as Coren predicted, they are accepted in the temple's guesthouse. There are no separate rooms available any more, but there are bunks in the men's and women's dormitories. Kim, however, asks to be allowed to set up the tent in the courtyard, and that is granted, though with curious glances and a silver handshake.

The next morning, the group is received by the council scribe, who hears their report and pays them five gold pieces each. They are asked to return the mules and tents to the communal stables and come for a meeting with the families of the missing people after lunch to hand over the personal effects they found. Henry's grateful parents invite the group for lunch.

The meeting with the bereaved families goes reasonably well, there is some murmur about not going for appearance, look at that part drow who helped us, and a lot of tears. But finally, the group is able to leave. There is about an hour remaining before they should set out to meet Shearsea.