Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

An expedition with the "Seagull"

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: An expedition with the "Seagull"

Post by Jenara »

"Shall we walk?" She asks, hooking her arms around Searos and Gunter, her quiet mood gone again. "She will be there Searos, I feel it."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter eyes Searos and then grins at Brax, "I hope so for your sake...I'd hate to be you if she doesn't."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Sometimes... I hate to be me too.." she responds.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos jingles coin pouch and sighs. "Its nice to have some coin but I feel like 5 gold pieces is... small. And making us return everything? Especially after being accused of being the killers? Just rude. I am not a fan of all of this. At this point I'm almost hoping the water lady doesn't show up because then I can justify not liking this place even more. Not that I need help with that, mind you. It'll just be easier."

Searos makes sure to keep a hand near his coin pouch when Brax puts her arm around him. Trust but verify... or just don't trust at all. Thats easier.
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The party goes back to the bay where they left Shearsea and arrive just before sunset. Just as Searos opens his mouth to declare that he knew all along that she wouldn't come, three dolphins swim in. As they come closer, the party can see they are mounted. The front rider is Shearsea. The two others are a man and a woman. As they come out of the setting sun, they are only silhoutettes at first, but when they beach and the party approaches them, they can see that these must be Shearsea's parents, the triton king and queen.

The king is of muscular build and certainly an enemy to fear, though some silver streaks in the blue of his full beard and hair show he's no longer a young man. His torso is naked, he wears knee-length trousers that could be made of shark hide. His trident glitters so silvery that it is probably more ceremonial than weapon, but a large knife hangs in a sheath from his belt.

Where Shearsea has the slender beauty of youth, her mother shows the full forms of mature sensuality, only scantly hidden by a flowing dress made of seaweed, matching her green and silver hair. She is the one who speaks first.

"Thank you so much for rescuing our beloved daughter" she says in Elven, in a deep gentle voice. "We have rewards for you." She beckons each of the group forward. Out of a pouch on her belt, she gives an exquisite pearl to everyone, black for Brax and Kim, pearly white for Vee and Coren, smokey grey for Searos and Gunter.

"And I have something for you, too" Shearsea says when her mother is finished. She hold up a silver whistle. "With this, you can call a sea creature for help when you need it." She looks at each of the group, then decides to give it to Gunter.

"Mind that the whistle works only once per day. The creature that is closest will heed the call. It could be anything, but it will always be friendly to you." her father informs the group, smiling at the enthusiasm of his daughter.

Shearsea hugs each of the party in turn, then the triton royal family bids farewell with a courteous bow, then wades back into the waters. They mount the dolphins and swim off.

The sun has set properly now, and you're at the beach three and a half hours away from Dunreese.

(The pearls are worth about 1000 GP apiece, details depending on the bargain you get)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax translates as they speak, giving Gunter a deep smile when he is given the Whistle. She hugs Shearsea tight before they go. "Thank you, I hope we meet again." She says with a kiss to each Cheek.

-----

"Shall we go back?" She asks, thoughtful once more, "An interesting gift, the colour of mine gives me concern, they must be highly valuable." She turns to Searos.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter rolls his pearl over in his hands.

"Do you think they're magical?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Kim touches Brax lightly on the shoulder. "Mine is black too. It matches the colour of my clothing and your skin. I don't think it means anything else."
To Gunter, Kim says: "I doubt that they are magical. They can be used for magic purposes, though. To truly identify a magic object, there is a special spell, but it means to give up a pearl as valuable as these"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed these are probably expensive, a nice gift. Are you happy with your gift Searos?" Brax asks, walking with the two men, giving Kim a smile.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee eyes her pearl impressed. "Whow, looks very bright, shinyand expensive" she says.
She never had enough money in her past to save it, so she just thinks about what wonderfull daggers and wonderfull dinners she could have now...
I am NOT sweet!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Brax grins wide at Vee's reaction, the girl was very sweet, touching her shoulder she looks back to where the camp was. "Shall we rest at our little camp? If it is gone, and head back in the morning?"

"I fancy a sleep in the open air, I assume you will use your tent Kim?" She asks, giving the Mage a look, one day she would learn about her... one day.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos pulls out his jeweler's loop and takes a very careful look at his pearl before looking back up at Brax. "I think I may owe someone a shiny copper..."
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Keep it Searos, shall we camp?" She asks, leading the group in the direction of their former campsite.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

- waiting for Gunter before I respond -
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter nods at Kim's explanation and quickly secrets the pearl away into one of his pouches, already thinking about new armor and weapons he could buy...

"Camp sounds fine by me. Clearly we should set a guard though so no more...caravans...sneak up on us."