Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

An expedition with the "Seagull"

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: An expedition with the "Seagull"

Post by LittleLuna »

Vee looks at her pearl "its a pity that you've got to destroy it when you use it... "

"But I can't keep it anyway so you can have it later" Vee smiles "we have a deal"
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The rest of the night, including Brax's and Searos's watch, passes uneventfully, and the group sets out for Dunreese in the morning. There, Coren bids the others goodbye, his business leading him inland again.

A ship is going to leave for Saltmarsh as the tide pulls out in the afternoon, and the council of Dunreese pays for the party's passage as a last thank you for their help. The ship arrives in the Saltmarsh bay and anchors there for the second half of the night. Those who don't sleep can see the old mansion looming high over the bay, completely silent.

In the morning, the ship enters the harbour. After exchanging a few words with the harbourmaster, the Captain asks the group: "I know a few coppers will be of little interest to you adventurers, but I would greatly appreciate your help in unloading the cargo. The Saltmarshians are unusually busy these days."

Indeed, there are fishermen going about their usual business of landing their catch, but there are people at the far end ot the harbor, busily working at one of the warehouses.

(You can respond to the Captain while I work out XP, several of you will have leveled! I will then start a new topic.)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Dressed in her priestly garments Brax gives the man a nod. "I will help, Gunter, Vee?" She asks, throwing her cloak aside she rolls up her sleeves and lifts as required.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos watches Brax wondering what in the hells she is doing.

"I'll be in the cabins." He then heads onboard without another word.
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

"It's been awhile since i got a good workout in, I'll help!"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(Muffin Man seems to have misread my post, we are unboarding, not boarding. No idea why he wants to stay in the cabin :) )

XP is as follows:
* 2400 for the battle with the sea cats and the Sea Hag (a little more than given in the Monstrous Manual, but this figure was easier for the Maths), divided among the six participants (Amon and Echo were still part of the group then), makes 400 each
* 1000 XP each for the successful completion of the mission
* 100 XP bonus for good roleplay to Searos, Brax and Gunter (sorry Luna, you were a bit vacant)

So everyone gets a total of 1400 or 1500 XP. I will note the 400 on Amon's and Echo's sheets, should they ever want to return.

Brax is now level 3, because of her wisdom bonus, she now has access to 3 1st leve and 3 2nd level spells per day, and she needs to roll 1d8+2 for addidtional HP.
Gunter is level 3, too. His saving throws and THAC0 have improved, and he needs to roll 1d10 for his new HP score.
Searos is now level 4! He can distribute another 30% success rate on his various thieving skills, and roll 1d6 for his new HP.
Veeleyana has levelled to 3 as well, THAC0 and saving throws have improved, 1d10 is needed for new HP.

Kim has also levelled and needs to see Daos Soulstaff who hopefully keeps Sanbalet's spellbook for study.

Coren's player has disappeared from the planet since hurricane Sandy. I sincerely hope it is only his computer or internet access that has been taken, nothing worse. He will be welcome back, but for the time being, I have not updated his sheet.

I hope you are all OK with this summary way of giving XP, it allows characters to progress without much fuss and rewards cooperation and roleplay. Also, I find it fairer than giving XP for little things that often depend on the luck of the dice.

I will start a new thread tomorrow, reuniting the groups.
There's more to me than meets the eye...