Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Escape from Khur

Post by Jerrard »

"We have warriors." He turns to the group, "Does it sound acceptable?" He asks, mostly towards Thurskar and Ulster. "And what of the spoils?" He asks with a grin. "We keep what we find, is that something you will be happy with?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Sounds like fun to me," Thuskar says.

"I'll do it, but only if I get my own bandanna," Ulster adds.

The minotaur snorts. "You aren't in a position to bargain, as I see it. But fine, if you can help us be rid of them once and for all, we'll let you have a percentage of the spoils we take from them. After the past few years of extortion, they probably have loads of steel pieces. Enough for all." He holds out his hand to the wizard. "Deal?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"We will do this." He answers. "I know we aren't in any position to bargain, yet." He smiles. "The ladies get a cabin, as do the children, and you have yourself a deal."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Cabin? The only cabin on the ship belongs to the captain," the minotaur says. "You and your lot can sleep in in the hold with the rest of the off-duty sailors. We're a trade ship, not a king's yacht."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"If that is the situation, then it is acceptable." He nods, holding Mailka tightly, the cloak keeping her beauty hidden.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Malika stiffens at Jerrard's touch, but says nothing.

After a moment of holding his hand out, the minotaur realizes the wizard isn't going to shake on it. Dropping his hand, he snorts, and gestures for the party and their animals to come aboard.

"Err, skipper, what about the captain?" asks one of the guards. "He--"

"Let me deal with the captain," the minotaur replies. Turning back to the group, he says, "Come, this way. I'll show you to the hold."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka keeps her head low, staying close to Ulster, like a child would stay close to an adult she knows. Her head is covered to hide her white hair which is closely braided to prevent any escape.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

As he boards the Vessel, Jerrard offers his hand to the Minataur, "Jerrard Foss." he says, "Thank you." He adds and leads Locky and Malika aboard the ship.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky follows Jerrard, keeping her head low.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The hold is quite spacious, and at least half filled with crates of cargo. However, there's still plenty of room for people, as well. There are just over a dozen cots set up, all lined up along the wall. None are occupied, as most likely the rest of the crew is all ashore on leave for the night.

The ship creaks and bobs every so slightly every now and again. Having ridden a boat from Abanasinia to Blodehelm, this is nothing new to the party--except for the two newcomers, Imani and Malika.

Ulster and Thuskar lead the animals over to the other side of the hold, arguing about which one will likely get saddled with cleaning up after the horse and donkey.

"Make yourselves at home," the minotaur says with a touch of irony. "We set sail in the morning. And don't touch any of the cargo, else the captain'll toss you overboard." With that said, he then heads back above.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well this is interesting." Locky comments, "At least I can rest. I will try another spell. Perhaps if I try to dispel the magic, the gem will fail." She pulls Babuskha close to her, resting up against the side of the vessel she pulls a blanket over her and snuggles up to the Gnome.

(Locky prays for Dispel Magic, and restores any spell she has used.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I made a deal." Jerrard says, pulling the wand from his belt. "I need no control, you are free." He says with a swift motion, snapping the wand with his hands.

Reaching into his pack he produces a spare robe and his blanket, "Use this to cover yourself, and get some sleep, no one will hurt you, or touch you again without your permission." he smiles softly.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As soon as the wand breaks, the pieces emit a couple of harmless sparks before going dead. Moments later, there is a soft hissing noise as the gem in the back of Malika's neck unattaches itself from her skin. It drops to the floorboards with a thunk, then moments later disintegrates into dust.

Malika quickly jumps to her feet, startled and rubs the back of her neck as if to confirm the thing is really gone. Overwhelmed, she literally jumps for joy a couple of times. "Finally! Praise the gods, I am free! But if you had only done that sooner, I could have taken my revenge on that rat, Wahid." She pouts. "I was so looking forward to piercing his heart with a blade." She crosses her arms. "Still, you did eventually do what you promised, so I thank you for that. Now I can start a new life of my own, far away from Khur. Where are we heading again?" She accepts the robe and blanket and picks one of the cots at random. They all appear identical, so one is just as good as another.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Silvanesti, the Elven Lands, no one will come and look for us there." He says, sitting by her Cot, "I gave you my word did I not? I had my reason to hold you, and Wahid's death would have caused us more harm than good."

"You are indeed free, when we get somewhere safe you will be welcome to go wherever you wish, or you can stay with us. Whatever you do is your choice now." He smiles kindly and opens his spell book. "Perhaps we can discuss your skills at some point?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh how good, you are free, no more evil men." She smiles, looking up from the floor, "If anyone asks I am his child, people don't like Kender." She grins.

Borderlands 3 - Navi