Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Escape from Khur

Post by Jenara »

Slipping inside Locky moves towards the bed, and looks for the chest, and then for the key around his neck.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka sits in silence, not able to do anything, her eyes on the door. "Oh Paladine to whom Locky prays, protect her and let her return safely" she thinks to herself.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky spots the chest at the foot of the bed, just as Malika said. She cannot see the key, as Wahid is wearing a shirt.

=======

(OOC: Open Lock check to open the chest or a Pick Pocket check to remove the key from Wahid without waking him.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Moving close to the man, not needing to be quiet Locky reaches inside his shirt and retrieves the key.

Pick Pockets (40%) 1d100=6 Pass! (yay)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky manages to retrieve the key and necklace around Wahid's neck without disturbing him.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Moving to the chest she checks to see if there are no traps on it first:

1d100=96 Fail

Then she places the key in the lock and turns it slowly. Looking for the wand (and anything else that looks pretty....)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As luck would have it, there don't appear to be any traps on the chest. Inside are a number of sacks that are tied off at the ends. Sitting on those sacks, however, is a small, elongated box. The box is not locked, and when Locky opens it, she finds a thin, wooden wand inside.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

If the wand is the only thing of interest Locky takes it and the box, and locks the chest once more.

Being a little forgetful she places the key back on the counter next to him, and leaves the room. Leaving the door as it was.

Moving quickly she goes straight to the room they are all gathered in and smiles "Come, lets go now, I dont want to risk him waking up." She whispers.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"The wand!" Malika gasps. She reaches for it, but some unseen force seems to stop her. "You have to destroy it, quickly. Just snap it in half, please! It's the only way I'll be free."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"We'll do that outside, when we're on the ship. It might wake Wahid up if we do it here. Let's move quickly now. Here is your cloak" Baushka sounds quite determined.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Malika balks. "How is snapping a little piece of wood going to wake anyone up? Oh...I see. This isn't a rescue, it's just a theft. I've traded one master in for another then, is that it?" She turns away from them. "I should have expected this."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Have we ever suggested we want to "Steal" you?" Jerrard asks with a concerned glance to Babuskha, "I believe what she is saying that this might be linked to him as well as you, and that in the breaking he might wake, he might feel it sooner than you realise." Jerrard takes the wand from Locky and places it carefully in his belt.

"You have my word as a Wizard of the White Robes, the second we board the ship, this will be broken." He says offering her a smile and a hand. "I do not seek to control, and neither do my friends."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I don't have any choice," Malika admits bitterly. "As long as the wand exists, I am bound to do whatever you command me to do. So let's just get on with it."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"You will get no command from me, as far as I am concerned this wand does not exist.." The mage states plainly, helping her put her cloak on and collecting his gear. "Let us move quickly."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Malika glares daggers at Jerrard, but she has no choice in the matter. She is magically compelled to obey. Once she is dressed and cloaked, the party quickly departs in the middle of the night.

They head to the dock, the kender still invisible. Thuskar points out the ship they hired in the docks, a merchant vessel bearing the name 'Horizon Seeker.' "That's the one," he says. "Heading toward Silvanesti."