Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Escape from Khur

Post by JadedDM »

Thuskar, Ulster and Jerrard spend the next couple of hours talking, haggling and arguing with various leaders of caravans. As it was to be expected, nobody was particularly keen on the idea of taking kender with them--even kender without hands.

Eventually, they were able to find three possible options, although none of them were perfect.

One caravan was heading as far as Shrentak and beyond, but insisted on being paid seventy-five steel for taking the kender with him. He also insisted they be provided their own supplies (food, water, and such) and went on to explain that if the kender ran off, got lost, or were killed, he would make no effort to find or help them and just carry on without them.

Another caravan was willing to take them as far as Pashin, which Jerrard learned with a large town on the border of Khur and Silvanesti. It would cost only fifty steel, but from there, the kender were on their own. They also, again, had to bring their own supplies. He further insisted they were either caged or tied up to keep them out of the way, until they reached their destination.

The third caravan was actually by ship. It was heading to Silvanesti, but for the rather outrageous price of 100 steel, the captain agreed to drop the kender off on the way at Kendermore. The kender wouldn't need to bring their own supplies, and would at least be returned to their own kind.

These were the very best deals Jerrard could arrange for, even with a lot of haggling and bargaining.

=============

It is now half past Fifth Watch (11:30 AM).
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard returns to the group, going first to Locky and Babuskha, telling them of the options.

"While it is expensive, I would choose the last option, it is the most sensible. I can pay for the passage, if someone can help me buy them?"

((I am going to wait for Brelia to return.))
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I have already agreed to save the kender and share the costs" Babushka says simply. "And I agree with you that sending them to kendermore would be the best way to help them. I suggest we split the expense three ways." She sighs. "And then we better make sure our next adventure will bring us some money. I guess I could keep us alive with my needlework once we are away from the desert, but we would need to let Ulster and Thuskar go, and I admit I got used to not having to worry about money."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I have enough to pay for the passage, if they want too much for their freedom, that is when i will need help." Jerrard touches Bab's shoulder lightly, "I will look to that now, Locky can you ask Paladine for aid? We need you to make it silent, and to remove a curse."

Locky nods.

"I suggest we join one of the other caravans, can you discuss that with Ulster and Thuskar Bab? Perhaps we could sign up as guards? Thus giving us cover and income?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(OOC:

Ok, plan of action, lets get the wheels back on this cart shall we?
Locky will pray for:
Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds x3, Endure Heat, silence 15 rad x2, hold person and remove curse.

Jerrard will return to the Brothel, Thuskar can come too, but he wont get a 12steel elf again.
Ulster and Babuska go to the wagons and try to get a "job" thus giving us cover.

Perhaps Imani can go too, to give them some local knowledge?

Thats my thoughts)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky returns to her room to spend the next couple of hours praying for new spells.

Meanwhile, Thuskar and Jerrard head back to the brothel. Stepping inside, they again meet with the same madam as before. "Ah, you have returned," she says. "Are you here for business or more pleasure?" she asks.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Business this time." Jerrard says with a glance around, "I would like to meet with the Master of the House to discuss some." He pauses, "Purchases."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Of course," she says. "My husband returned last night; he has been expecting you. This way."

She leads the two down the hall, to a different room. She opens the door for them to enter, but does not enter herself.

Inside is what appears to be an office. An overweight man with dark hair and lots of stubble sits at a desk, going over various scrolls. He stands up as Jerrard and Thuskar enter and smiles. "Ah, welcome, welcome," he says enthusiastically. "You must be the western men I was told about. Please, come in, have a seat. I understand we have some business to discuss, yes? I am Jafar, the owner of this fine establishment." He only sits once his guests have done so, otherwise he remains standing. "You must forgive my absence; business is a demanding mistress, almost as much as my wives can be!" he jokes.

His wife closes the door behind them, but does not enter the room.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I am not married, but my magic is demanding, I believe I understand." Jerrard replies in a business like manner. "Did your wife explain the nature of my interest?" he smiles, staying standing.

" have interest in the Kender, and I am willing to discuss terms for.. Shall we say obtaining them on a permanent basis?"

Eying the man with interest he adds. "you Are a business man, with your current stock they must be a burden."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jafar nods. "Yes, yes, you are the man with the kender fetish, or so I am told," he says. "I am a businessman of no small water. I do not mean to brag; I simply speak the truth. I am quite shrew. And as such, I can see you wish to get straight down to business, yes? I would be more than happy to part with the kender. I will hand them to you, for the modest fee of five hundred steel coins."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"My good man, are you trying to make me smile? If you are you are most amusing." Jerrard responds with a grin on his lips. "You know as well as I do they are not worth anywhere near that much!"

"I would suspect you got them for no more than 100 steel, after all they are Kender, thieves troublemakers and not really the usual stock." He keeps his gaze on the man. "What do they bring in? 2 Silver, let us be fair and say you get one visitor a week. With food, lodging and other items i doubt you are making any money off them." He grins.

"I was thinking something more along the lines of seventy five Steel. And that is a generous offer." The mage folds his arms in front of him. Waiting on a response.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jafar laughs jovially. "Not at all, my friend. It is you who is making me smile. "Mind if I sit?" he asks. Regardless, he does so anyway and pulls out a pipe and begins to stuff it with tobacco.

"As I said, I am a shrewd businessman of no small water," he continues. "My wife told me more than you realize. She said the guards told her, you refused to chain the kender up. Most strange, no? They tend not to sit still for clients. But wait, there's more. She said, the guards listen through door. They hear no screaming, no shouting, nothing being knocked down. All they hear is quiet. Soft talking. Even stranger, no?"

Finished, he lights the pipe and takes a few leisurely puffs. "This tells me things. This tells me, it is no ordinary kender you are searching for. No, no; these ones are special to you. Perhaps you knew them before?" He shrugs. "It matters not. What matters is, supply and demand. I have the supply, you have the demand. I hold all the bargaining power. I have you--how do they say in the west?--over a barrel." He smiles widely, giving the mage the impression of a fox who has his chicken cornered and knows it.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"An interesting suggestion, one that in some circumstances could be true." he sits himself, not pausing his speech. "Did your wife also say i was a mage of some power? I doubt she did. I Can make you sleep with a word." he smiles flashing his teeth. "My power extends far beyond that. Could it be she did not hear struggling and I did not need them chained because they were at my command.?"

"I am a business man in some ways also, your price is.. Laughable, frankly."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Truly?" Jafar asks. "I was always told that the most powerful mages were the ones who wore black." He shrugs. "Well, then, perhaps I was mistaken. Perhaps these kender hold no real value to you at all. If so, then we have nothing further to discuss, I am afraid." He stands up. "Thank you for coming in, my friend. I hope you will visit again. Our elven girl, she misses your friend here, eh?" he adds, winking at Thuskar.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Well it appears you are not a business man after all." He stands, hiding his dissapointment and regret, he could go as high as two hundred, five hundred was too high. He'd made a promise, now it appeared be would have to break that.