Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Escape from Khur

Post by Jerrard »

"That is best discussed alone, the walls have ears." He leads Locky back up to Imani's room, making sure the others are coming too.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Once everyone is in Imani's room and breakfast has been served, the party tries to find a place to sit and eat. As there are no tables or chairs here, this proves difficult. Some sit on the bed, others on the floor, and it's a bit crowded, but they make do.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Isnt this fun!" Locky giggles, sitting back to back with Babuskha, "What is so important anyway?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"The Desert Rose that dances here needs our help," Imani says softly as she gets comfortable on the floor with her food. "Apparently, the owner of this need uses her to scam people out of their money with a little magic that the dance knows how to work up while she dances. He has complete control over her through a wand that he keeps with him at all times," Imani explains. "We need to get into the owners room, grab the wand and destroy it, and finally save Malika all without waking up the owner."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"And that is all?" Babushka's voice can't help to be a little mocking. "It all seems to depend on Locky. Do you really want to expose her to so much danger?" she asks, her eyes on her friend with a slightly worried look.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The pretty lady we saw dance?" Locky's face suddenly goes serious, "Sneaking in I can do, I can just make it really quiet. Getting the wand should be easy if Jerrard makes me invisible again." she gives Bab a little squeeze. "Does he hurt her? Make her do things she doesn't want to?" (Jerrard nods) "Then I want to help. Freeing her shouldn't be too hard, Paladine can help me too." the serious looking Kender goes once more, replaced with a childish grin. "I saw the way she looked at you!"

--------

(Jerrard)
"We can't save everyone, this place, this land is harsh. I would like to make a small difference. Bab, Ulster, Thuskar? What are your thoughts? You have just as much say, I will help her alone if the group do not decide."

"Will you need to regain spells Locky?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm all for freeing slaves and all," Ulster says. "But we're up to, what, three of them now that we're planning to save? Do we have the resources to get them out of here? We'll need more food and water, and they'll probably need horses, too."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Ulster is right, we need to plan carefully" Babushka agrees. "Didn't we say we wanted to bring the kender slaves to the care of a temple? Maybe there is one suitable near here?"
Then the gnome turns to the desert woman. "Imani, what do you know of the laws of this land? I know it is legal to keep slaves - like in most lands - but is it legal to control them in a way Wahid controls Malika? Also, is it legal to enchant people so they give money away? If these things are illegal and there are people who enforce the law, we can hope to give Wahid second thoughts about pursuing us - if we pay the bill for our food and lodging. Of course, if nobody cares about what the law is in these things..."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"They are things we need to plan, yes, but what of the Laws? It appears there aren't many here?" He shakes his head with disgust, "This is all that seems to matter." Tapping his sword hilt he shakes his head and lets out a little scream.

"We need one extra horse as a minimum, food we can buy, I will pay to feed them all if I have to, it will leave me broke." He shrugs, "I have to try, we can't save your son, we couldn't save Syriana." He places his head in his hands and sits quietly on the floor.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Quietly, Babushka walks over to the mage and places her hand on his shoulder. "Of course we will try. We will do our best. And the better we plan, the better our chances are. And my money will go into this project, too."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm helping too!" Locky puts her arms around the Mage, "If there were three more of us, what would we need? We need a temple nearby, more food, more horses? Can we look into that? Get everything together? I need to talk to Paladine, ask him for aid. Locky looks suddenly serious again, like the silly Kender and the devout cleric were at odds.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"As far as I know, what this man is doing to her is completely legal," Imani says. "She is his property, so he can do pretty much anything that he wants to her," Imani explains with a sigh. "As for the kender, is this really such a good idea?" she asks. "I mean, from my understanding, these kender don't have hands. They wouldn't be able to take care of themselves no matter where they are. We could take them to the temple of the Daughters of Elir-Sana in the capital city of Khuri-Khan. That is about 20 miles north of where we are now. Though, I have to say that if we save Malika and these kender, we will be on the run from whatever guards are sent after us. We are slow moving in the desert, so it might only be best to save one or the other. I don't think we can do both."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, but is it legal to use an enchantment to let people give all their money?" Babuhka asks.

Then she sighs. "What a mess! I cannot let either the kender or Malika live in their situations now that I know of them. But wait. If we buy the kender, we have every right to bring them out of town and to that temple you are speaking of, don't we? And Malika has managed to cope with the situation for a while, I think she will be able to hold out a few days longer. Can't we first buy the kender, and some of us bring them to that temple, while the others stay here, pretending to be totally enchanted by Malika, to lull everybody in a sense of security. Then, when we're all together again, we free Malika and run? We would not be encumbered then by handicapped kender who might not even be able to ride."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I like that idea." Locky grins, she just wanted her people safe, "I'll take them, me and Babuskha can help them if someone would come with us? Ulster??" She asks, in her heart she knew Jerrard wouldn't leave Malika now.

She cocks her head to one side, giving Imani a grin. "We do need someone who speaks the Language though."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"And who knows how to find the temple" Babushka adds.