Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Thread

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Thread

Post by Breila »

So where is the twist? I thought "a twist" means that something has a downside.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

A 'twist' means something unexpected, not a downside.

There is no downside to the item.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Well, as my work shifts were canceled for the weekend, guess I'll have more time to work on the new arc. It might be ready as soon as Monday, just a head's up.

In other news, Ouragana is aged a year and now ready to go. Three down, one to go.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Something I meant to ask before, but forgot about it.

I'd like to ask, what is your character's greatest fear? It should be something that actively motivates them as people. You can post it here or via PM if you want privacy, but it may be pertinent to the new arc.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

I suppose, as an Amazon, Val's greatest fear is to be captured and mis-treated by a large group of males.........
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

I am back. Sorry, I moved. We fell into an opportunity that was too good to pass up but we had to be out of the old place before months end. Internet was turned on today. :D

Road trip Saturday for football playoffs, will try to catch up Sunday.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Breila wrote:Has there been anything like a constabulary in or near the Majoer's office? If yes, Ouragana goes there to report the assasin attack on the town's head priest.
Ouragana hasn't see any barracks, constables, or any sign of law enforcement at all since she arrived here.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jenara wrote:Can she see the assassin by the fence? If so can she sneak up behind him while he is talking?
His back is to the fence, so no.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, I'd like to introduce BishGada to the game. He's displayed an interest in playing a ranger of some type.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Welcome Bish! great pc
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Thanks, I'm glad to join the game. Hope to contribute to the atmosphere.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jenara wrote:(Waiting on Horizon)
She's been busy with the holidays. (Yesterday was our Thanksgiving.) She'll return soon.

Anyway, I went ahead and added Takit's stat block to the Character Stats thread, BishGada. As a dog, he gets up to six tasks and tricks he can know, and it's apparent that 'Attack' is one of them. We should probably hammer out now which tasks and tricks he knows.

Example tricks include Withdraw (dog moves away from Baeros at max speed for 1-4 rounds, then stops), Come (dog moves toward Baeros at max speed until a few feet away, then stops), Stay (dog remains where it is for 2-12 rounds, then resumes normal activity), Heel (dog stays close to Baeros, follows him at same speed, until told otherwise), Sit (dog sits until told otherwise), Stand (dog stands back up), Rear (dog rears back on hind legs), Roll Over (dog rolls over), Play Dead (dog pretends to be dead), Speak (dog barks on command), Fetch (dog retrieves item indicated by Baeros).

Example tasks include Retrieve (dog locates and brings back a specific type of item from a general location), Bodyguard (dog protects person Baeros indicates), Track (dog uses the tracking proficiency).

You can pick any five of those from the list for Takit to know, in addition to Attack, or even make up your own, if you like.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Sure. Besides Attack I already wrote about two other commands. Two sharp whistles coresponds to 'Come', Another command was 'Watch over' which means to keep guard on a person for suspicious movement.
Another implicit command is 'Hide' as Takit stayed hidden in the bush until he was called upon.
Also 'Track' seems a natural task to have, and 'Patrol camp' to guard the camp in a night watch.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, all of those have been added to his stat block.

I also added Tracking to Baeros' NWPs. I had forgotten rangers get that one for free, and a +1 to it every 3 levels.
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Thanks.