Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Thread

A sandbox 2E game set in the home-brewed world of Amtar. On a group of tropical islands, a party of adventurers try and make their mark on the world.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Thread

Post by Jenara »

I think we will take the road, no use in taking the long way round unless we have to.

And she will get him black trousers (x2) and a white cotton shirt (x2), and a jacket of some kind, leather would be ideal but unlikely, and a week of rations.
So without the jacket, it comes to 17 gp, 9 silver and 4 copper (She'll break into her 10gp spare because its unlikely anyone would buy a 100gp pearl!)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Okay, everything comes out to 17 gp, 9 silver and 4 copper, like you said. That total has been removed from Areilon's cash and I've added Andar's stat block to the Character Stats thread (along with his new gear added).

Everybody, let's all get this current chapter wrapped up in the next day or so, so we can move on to Tu'Valie.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

I'm pretty much done. And thanks.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Hi all. Sorry I disappeared. Limited access for the internet for a couple of days.

So... Baeros doesn't overthinks, so he don't care now what to do after Tu'Ville.

Second, even on foot Baeros will take Thunder with him. He will suggest Ouragana ride with him, and anyway will try to teach her riding and make her feel more comfortable with horses along the way. Now, walking may takes several days while riding can be done even in one day and if other people are eager to catch with the 'Bull-something', riding would be a better choise towards achieving it.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

The Bullring, its the ship we were based on for a while and Arei spent the last year as crew, its a massive Galleon.. they might at least help us get to Draska.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Ok. I still thinks riding will serve us best, putting the costs aside, but Baeros won't press the matter as he is still pretty much an outsider.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When Bearos suggests she can ride with him, Ouragana looks him over quite thoroughly. In the end, she gives her OK, "if everyone wants to ride", and suggests they buy horses that can be sold in Tu'Valle, and offers to share in the expense of buying them if she gets an equal share of the money they get back.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

In that case its probably best if we get one each for Arei and Andar, doubt he could handle being such close proximity to her for too long... ??

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Actually, riding Thunder isn't practical. Combining the weight of Thunder's gear, Baeros' gear and Baeros himself, the horse's movement rate drops to 8. Poor thing is way too weighed down while Baeros rides him (about 360 pounds total), it'd actually be faster to just have him walk alongside the party.

Now Ouragana weighs 110 pounds and carries 33 pounds of gear, so add another 143 pounds to Thunder's load and you'll probably wind up breaking his back. Best case scenario, he won't be able to move at all under all that weight. I mean, it's a riding horse, not a heavy war horse, after all.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

So our best bet is to use Thunder as a pack horse. This saves a lot of expenses, too.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Oh well... I had no clue horses are THAT useless. :)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

They arent... but when you load a riding horse with barding and two humans... it can't cope. if the horse was a warhorse it would be a little different.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Jenara is correct. Different horses have different uses. Draft horses are slow but can carry a lot of weight, so make good pack animals. War horses are faster than draft horses but stronger than riding horses, making them ideal for combat. Riding horses are built for speed but aren't very strong and they are untrained in battle.

Regardless, no horse has unlimited carrying capacity.

Anyway, remember when I said I wanted to wrap up this chapter in the next 'day or two?' Well, that was like four days ago, so forgive me for my impatience, but I'm ready to move on.

XP is already up. I'll start working on updates and getting up my own notes on this chapter soon. In the meantime, I welcome any feedback from the players, as always. The next chapter will start the following morning, when the party sets out for Tu'Valie. I strongly recommend everyone go through their inventories in the Character Stats thread, decide what you want to buy or sell if you haven't already. Remember, the lower your encumbrance, the faster you'll go. The faster the party moves, the faster they'll get to Tu'Valie.

Nuke, go ahead and roll a 1d10+1 for Val's new HP total.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

I'm done with the preparations.
As it seems, Thunder doesn't fit for adventures since he can't carry Baeros and the equipment, and I don't think there is too much unnecessary equipment on the horse. I also didn't know that wine and beer weight so much... Anyway I guess if we can make a short stop at Mond on the way to Draska, Baeros will send Thunder back home (and later probably buy a new horse capable moving at full speed with both Baeros and equipment on it)