Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 9: To the Walls of Pax Tharkas

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 9: To the Walls of Pax Tharkas

Post by JadedDM »

Dawn is just beginning to color the sky as Laurana leads the way through the aspenwood of Qualinesti. The trail descends gradually to the south. Soon the whisper of a rushing stream rises from nearby, as the path begins to follow a clear brook. The route grows steeper and steeper, and the water deepends and roars as it tumbles toward the sea with increasing force.

The aspens of Qualinesti blend with the tall pines of the lowlands, and by the time the sun is high there are no signs of the silvery trees of the plateau. Dark and looming, the evergreens crowd the trail, making the brightly sunny day seem closed and dusky. The stream still roars, but the sound has become threatening, like some unspeakable thing in tireless pursuit.

=============

Begin Chapter 9.

It is now Reapember 26, 350 AC at Morning Watch (6:00 AM).

(OOC: Goldmoon regains her Lay on Hands, and may refill the one spell she used yesterday.

Also, now that Tanis, Flint and Raistlin are missing, and Sunstar and Raven-eye have left the party and Tika has joined, we should probably come up with a new marching order. This was the previous one:

Tasslehoff and Magpie
Laurana and Flint
Raistlin and Caramon
Goldmoon and Riverwind
Raven-eye and Sunstar
Sturm and Tanis)
Attachments
Ch. 9.jpeg
Ch. 9.jpeg (26.07 KiB) Viewed 11110 times
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Re: CH 9: To the Walls of Pax Tharkas

Post by Jerrard »

(Assume Laurana would be in the lead, as she knows the way.
Suggest:

Laurana & Tas
Caramon & Sturm
Riverwind & Goldmoon
Magpie & Tika)

Sturm walks onwards through the pass, the sounds of the water echoing in his ears, he had failed his leader, Tanis was taken, Flint and Rastlin too. All he could do was move on, Toede took them, and it was possible he had taken them to the very place they were heading.

"You are sure this is the correct trail?" he asks Laurana, watching the former Princess as she leads the group, the girl had been cold and sober since they left Qualinesti, nothing like the carefree young lass they had met in Solace.

Glancing behind him he watches the others, could he hope to replace Tanis? Would they live by the Code? It was doubtful, it left little room for compromise.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika was muttering softly under her breath as she followed after the rest of the group. ~Can't believe he put me back here,~ she thinks to herself as she looks down at the gully dwarf. "I see how I rank in the scheme of things. Not much better than a gully dwarf," she mutters. It was barely audible really. At this point, she was down right determined to prove her worth some how.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes, this is the trail." She walks onwards, her bow in her hands, once upon a time she wouldn't have bothered. "I have walked this path before, it leads to the heart of the City, dark ways ones known to my people." She lets out a dark laugh, it echos hauntingly almost mirroring the way she felt inside. "I have no people, save those I find for myself."

Glancing behind she watches Tika with Magpie, on a trail like this she would prefer the girl to Tas, she packed a mighty punch. Plus Tas was very injured.

"Sturm, Tika comes to the front with me, until Tas is healed, Goldmoon can you start to help those who are most injured please?" She glares at Sturm if he even argues. "Tika, come to the front with me, please. Magpie, please help Tas, he's hurt still." Nursing her own wounds in silence she walks on.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika is taken out of her brooding when Laurana addresses her. "Huh?" she asks. Realizing what the elf woman said, she hides a smile. "Oh, okay," she says quickly, and runs up to the front of the group. It was at least a start.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Me help." Magpie smiles, helping Tas walk along, fishing in her bag she finds a small dead rat, "You carry this, make pain go away."

"We have to show these men we are just as good as them." Laurana smiles for the first time in a while.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I actually saved him," Tika says, motioning her head a little towards Sturm. "But they all still treat me like some...kid that can't handle myself. Maybe that is because they all grew up with me, and a long time ago I was that girl," she says softly. "But I grew up."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Moving on a little further than the others, Laurana nods in agreement. "He's a Knight, well he thinks he is, they have this strange Code I believe, makes them think that Women need protecting. I am sure he appreciates all you did, but admitting it would be hard." She comments.

"And yes, we grow up, if we like it or not. Do not worry, I am Royalty, if my family like it or not, he will follow me." She smiles again, Tika was nice, maybe she understood her more than anyone. "Keep your blade ready, you use it well, I would like to teach you the bow.."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika seemed a little amused as she pulled out her skillet. "I think I like this better," she admits with a grin. "At least for right now. I feel safer with it." After all, it was what she used to cobbler some draconians with. "Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I have the...grace to fire a bow like the elves do."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm makes a little noise of discontent, then reminding himself she knew the way, and she was a Princess, while the Code was quite clear, following her was acceptable in a way.

"Keep an eye out, we do not want to get ambushed." He says as he grudgingly lets Tika move to the front, "How are you doing Caramon? We will find Rastlin I am sure."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You have more grace than you know." Laurana giggles, "Use the weapon that makes you feel comfortable, but the bow is not all that hard, and it will serve you well."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'll consider it, but really it doesn't look like we are going to have a lot of time to be learning anything," Tika says. "We have to find your brother, Tanis, Flint, and Raistlin. Especially Raistlin," she adds, glancing over her shoulder to Caramon. "I don't think he has been away from him for more than five minutes."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Pax Tharkas, it is likely they are there." She surmises, "It would make sense. And yes without him Caramon is somewhat.... lacking." Tanis, she had to rescue Tanis, "I know that feeling, even as a little Girl I knew that something was wrong without Tanis."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Riverwind is a little distracted with Goldmoon as they begin the journey, and he feels at ease in the forest of the elves. Thet shouldn't have much to worry about for a little while yet.

"We have got to get those two back on their feet a bit.", indicating Sturm and Tas
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika looks over to the elf maiden curiously for a few moments. "Tanis is sort of the one that keeps us all connected I think," she says thoughtfully. "I respect him a great deal. As for Caramon, he will do anything for his brother. Being separated from him like this might do him some good."