Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion VI

Post by Jenara »

"I want to help, I have money too!" Locky hugs him again.

"Imani, why don't you want to go and get him? Do you think its too dangerous? Or is there another reason?" The Kender's expression suddenly changes to serious and thoughtful.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani stands from the table and motions for everyone to follow her to her room. Once everyone was inside her room, she closed the door. After all, they were still in Khur, and if people overheard them talking about the Khan, things could go badly.

"Thuskar is right," Imani finally says as she faces the group. "My son isn't in any danger right now, technically. I can only hope that he will remember some of what I've taught him so far. My other sister wives will do what they can to take care of him as well, " she explains sadly. "If we had an excellent plan other than showing up to see what happens, then I would go for him. As it stands now, we don't have a choice until after the Khan drops his guard."

OOC: Sorry, I just didn't see the point in having everyone role play out walking to Imani's room. That seems kind of pointless to me.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Agreed!)

"I think I understand." Locky moves forward, giving her a little hug. "If he is half as smart as you, he will grow up well. And we can always come back." The Kender smiles, and suddenly she is the silly little girl with the bouncy topknot again.

"So where do we go?" She asks the group, but Imani mostly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

(Agreed too)

"I had assumed it was something along those lines." Jerrard says after a few moments thought. "You understand we would have gone with you? If you chose to get him."

He laughs a moment at Locky, that silly Kender, always surprising him.

"Indeed, where do we go now? Perhaps you can all think about it while I have a quiet word with Babuskha and Imani?" The Mage asks the rest of the group, he needed to ask the question.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster and Thuskar step out, returning to their own room unless someone else needs them.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Locky could you leave us for a while?" Jerrard asks softly, "Please?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani awkwardly returns Locky's hug and gives the kender a small pat on the head as she would a child. She knows what she was just trying to be comforting. "I've never been outside of Khur, so I will leave where we go up to the rest of you," she says as she turns her attention to Jerrard.

"What are you wishing to speak to us about?" she asks, once everyone other than her and Babushka is out of the room.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky shrugs and heads off to her room.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes Jerrard, what do you have to say? I can tell it is important to you" she smiles at the mage, he and Locky are the closest friends she has had since her mentor died.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I um." He blushes, his fingers playing with the pipe. "I met someone, a Woman, her name is Malika, and she is a Mikku, just like you." He looks at the two women expecting mixed reactions.

"Only, well that isn't everything, remember when we came in? They mentioned The Rose of the Desert? Well its her." He blushes knowing what they must be thinking. "I have never really felt such things before. All I know is when I met her I felt something, I don't know what it was, attraction maybe."

He puts his head in his hands, "There is so much injustice in this land, she is kept like a slave, forced to dance for these people."

"Help." He says in a little voice, head still in his hands.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"That does explain the questions were you asking about my people," Imani says thoughtfully. "Is your intention to save her from her slavery?" she asked curiously.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka walks over to Jerrard, patting and stroking his arm softly. To his plea for help, she answers. "Of course I will help you. You are my friend." She remains quiet for a few moments, continuing her friendly caress. "The question is, what can we do? We cannot buy all the slaves in this land and set them free. It will be easy to buy the kender, more difficult already to find a place where they can be taken care of.

Imani here had to reach the conlcusion that she - or we - have hardly a chance to free her son from the clutches of the Khan, and the worst is, he might not even want to come with her because the life he will have with his father is so much more comfortable and carefree than the life he will have with her. You are asking much of her, if you ask her now to help you free someone else."

A broad smile now extends over her mouth, making it almost a match to her large nose. "And what concerns your feelings towards Malika, I'm afraid you'll have to sort that out all by yourself."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Actually, I might have an idea," Imani says thoughtfully. "We are going to need a distraction to get her out of here," she says. "I could take her place, just for tonight, as a dancer. That way you guys could sneak her out."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I know, i know, I can't save everyone. I'd free the children if i had to." he laughs, he was saving the world in his own little way.

"You would do that Imani? I think you might want to see her costume first! And make sure Ulster is not in the crowd!" he laughs once more, this time a little more cheerful.

"As for how i feel, i am not that experienced.." he shrugs, "i will talk to her, if i can."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka looks a bit confused. "But surely the people who come to see her have seen her before? And the inn's owner knows her, too. They will notice it's the wrong dancer on the scene, won't they? And they might think it's a trap. How exactly do you plan to do things? And where would we go with Mailka? I don't think we can do everything so quickly"